gmail accounts are temporarily being blocked at registration - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
Sorry, i thought you also once tried pay to join Pay to play on the boi was it. pardon rich!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
WebSlave
Well, I unblocked gmail accounts for a few days, but the flood of spammers using that email service still continues. So I put the block back in place. Sorry, but if gmail can't better police the spammers using their facilities, then I have no choice. Legitimate members will just have to find a better email service to use.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
FireStorm
Just got this email from Google:
Quote:
Dear Gmail Account User,
This message is from Google Mail Customer care messaging center, to all Gmaill account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base servers, and e-mail account center.
We are deleting all unused Gmail accounts to create more space for new accounts. You will have to Authenticate your Gmail Account below to prevent a permanent closure of this email address.
Do not click on external links, authentication should be done using the authenticate button below. Successfully authenticated addresses will be automatically notified via inbox.
Caution!.... Account owners who do not authenticate their account after a month of receiving this update will have his or her account terminated.
Gmail is committed to protecting your privacy. Your sensitive details will not be shared with any third party.
If I click authenticate it asks for name, address, phone #, birthday, gender, email, password, ect.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
hhmoore
I haven't gotten that email for my gmail account.
I Googled gmail authenticate, and most of the top hits I got were relative to this http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/02...ation-to-gmail. Was the email addressed to you specifically? If not, it might be a good idea to report it to Google as phishing - they'll confirm the authenticity if it is for real.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
Just got this email from Google:

If I click authenticate it asks for name, address, phone #, birthday, gender, email, password, ect.
Personally, I would not advise you to do that.......

Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #16
Spyral
That is definitely not a legit email. Usually messages about updates and password recovery will come in directly in the Google Account interface when you log in. Sometimes they send emails but most of the really important stuff it will catch you when you log in.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
FireStorm
I didn't...I wasn't sure if it was legit. Do I just click "report spam" or is there somewhere else I should send it?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
I didn't...I wasn't sure if it was legit. Do I just click "report spam" or is there somewhere else I should send it?
https://support.google.com/mail/bin/...en&answer=8253

When viewing the email, click the down arrow to the right of the reply button - select Report Phishing

Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
WebSlave
I'm already getting hate mail from people incensed that I am blocking gmail from the site. Yeah, THAT was unexpected.....

Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
WebSlave
The block on gmail accounts has been lifted. My programmer gave me a tool to help deal with the spammers more efficiently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!