PayPal abuse - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Visa supposedly took it upon themselves to cancel my debit card, and issue a new one...I found out when I called the bank after a purchase was declined.
Really?
I have never had them do anything like that. I got a phone call once regarding a charge they thought was out of the ordinary (a one cent charge) which turned out to be someone testing the number before using it but I had to cancel the card. They just notified me of something odd. Didn't do anything else on their own.
That's freaky.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Really?
I have never had them do anything like that. I got a phone call once regarding a charge they thought was out of the ordinary (a one cent charge) which turned out to be someone testing the number before using it but I had to cancel the card. They just notified me of something odd. Didn't do anything else on their own.
That's freaky.
I have had mastercard do something like that .... cancel my card & issue a new one.

My bank also blocked/cancelled our debit card one year during Christmas time. Took forever (seemed like it any way) to get it straightened out.

Sometimes, card companies jump the gun when looking out for their customers.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
SPJ
I can see a card company doing it but paypal?
When has paypal ever done something proactive? They don't even issue refunds when you get stiffed on a purchase.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
WebSlave
The reason I am accepting this at face value is because the same thing happened recently from a long term member over on my CornSnakes.com site. The guy didn't know anything at all about PayPal initiating a dispute, and it appeared to be actually an issue between PayPal and his credit card company. So apparently PayPal tries REAL hard to keep from losing any money themselves, and I guess this is the way they handle it.

Anyone who works with PayPal will likely take some lumps from them sooner or later. However there really aren't any feasible alternatives for financial transactions on the net. Burning bridges with PayPal in a snit is really not a wise idea, in my opinion. So you have to treat them like an eccentric rich old uncle who acts irrationally at times, but for the most part is handy to have around.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
KORBIN5895
Have you ever thought of email money transfers?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Have you ever thought of email money transfers?
If it's not handled automatically via the coding of vBulletin, then no, that is not an option. I've got enough to do just trying to keep spammers out of here, handle "I forgot my password!" emails, and trying to point people in the right direction when they ask "Why can't I post replies in the classifieds?"

Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
If it's not handled automatically via the coding of vBulletin, then no, that is not an option. I've got enough to do just trying to keep spammers out of here, handle "I forgot my password!" emails, and trying to point people in the right direction when they ask "Why can't I post replies in the classifieds?"
Touche.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
lol... at least you arent manually resetting peoples passwords... i seem to forget mine ( i have like, eight?) all the darn time. The only way i can access things most of the time is if the machine im using remembers it for me.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
lol... at least you arent manually resetting peoples passwords... i seem to forget mine ( i have like, eight?) all the darn time. The only way i can access things most of the time is if the machine im using remembers it for me.
Heck, years ago I was offered a job to do network administration and I turned it down flat. When asked why, I told him that I just did not want to have to deal with having people contact me all day long because they forgot their password or otherwise could not log in. So much for that....

Seriously, I will get emails from people who will say nothing more than, "Hey, I forgot my login name and my password. And my email address has changed. Can you help me?" Yeah, I'm supposed to be psychic and pull that information right out of thin air. Lately I don't even bother to respond to them. Well, once I did. And I just replied back, "Yeah, sure, here you go. Have a nice day." And nothing more. Sorry, I guess I just snapped.....

Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
ShadowAceD
I had a similar issue with PayPal where they took it upon themselves to "protect me from potential fraud" by blocking me from sending money to the same person I had been sending money to for weeks with a payment plan. Even when I called they refused to lift the "protective block" and the only way I could send that person money through PayPal was to buy one of those stupid MoneyPak cards, load it and send it that way.

As if that somehow was going to protect me.

Even now they refuse to let me send money to that person. They claim they cannot override it.

I hate PayPal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!