Can I combine my old account with my new one? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
stevek123
lol. See Harald, I even overlooked the k ...I tried what I thought was my old password and was able to get on. user name (stevek123) and password xxx. So, can they be combined with using my new login name and password?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
WebSlave
Well, I can do that, but going in the direction you wish may not give you what you want. I gather that you want the old registration date, but if you merge that old account into the new one, I'm not sure which date will be retained. It MAY keep the date of your new account, since that will be considered as the DESTINATION account. Merging accounts has always been a bit risky trying to predict which pertinent info will be retained afterwards. This function doesn't come up often enough for me to remember what exactly happens.

If you are willing to take that risk, then let me know. No guarantees expressed nor implied.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
stevek123
If all I will lose is my old member ship date OK. If I lose any of my current info, name. password, kudos, etc then lets just leave well enough alone.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #14
WebSlave
Well, no, it's not that simple any longer. You are only allowed a single account here. One good reason for that is because I don't want wasted server resources on an abandoned account.

So pick which name you want to retain and we'll just go with that and hope for the best.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
rosebud945
Can't he just keep the old account but update his profile? Steve, I think you can edit your location, password, etc. As for kudos, do you mean karma? How much Karma have you amassed in the new account?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
Can't he just keep the old account but update his profile? Steve, I think you can edit your location, password, etc. As for kudos, do you mean karma? How much Karma have you amassed in the new account?
Yes, he can. From what I can see, the only benefit to having the original account is that it shows an earlier registration date (meaning he's been around longer). The original account didn't have any BOI threads that I could find, nor did it have any trader ratings. He only had a few posts, so it's still an "unknown quantity"....but, realistically, his karma isn't much higher on this account. If he went back to his original account, with the new one merged into it, it would combine his posts and add a few points for length of membership - which would have the overall effect of raising his karma slightly. It wouldn't be a significant change, because he hasn't been very active (and some posts made to the classifieds before the recent changes may have been deleted with the ads)...but it might be enough to add another green box.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
rosebud945
Heck, I can give him some karma. lol

Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
hhmoore
Steve - you lived in Vermont before you moved to Florida...and had a different account "steve k". If you move again, please don't register yet another account.

(thanks, John - I probably would have picked up on that if wasn't working from my phone most of the time lately)

Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Well, stupid me. I never looked myself up and I did it today and low and behold there I was. My new account and my old account, complete with my old user name.
New account stevek, old account stevek123
Pick one, please, or I pick for you.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
stevek123
I lived in FL and started membership here as stevek123 when I moved to Vt I created a new account under stevek. I tried changing my e-mail address on my old account to my new e-mail address but it would not let me since I have my current account with the same e-mail. Sorry that all this is so involved, i did not mean it to be. I only wanted to make use of my earlier membership date, since technically I am the same person and have belonged since then, I even have most of the same snakes, but more.

If a simple fix cannot be done to just change the member ship date to the old one (which I think is 05/08) just leave well enough alone. Thanks for trying to help.

This forum is a fantastic resource and learning tool. And I respect the moderators and those who invest in their time to keep it all running smoothly. I do plan on being a paid member. I want to be. I told myself as soon as I sell my first snake on Fauna, I am becoming a contributing member.

Thanks again,
Steve (stevek)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!