Eastern Indigo Hatchlings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
robertbruce
Eastern Indigo Hatchlings

I have 2006 season Eastern Indigo hatchlings available now. Most are the red-throat form as all of my parents are red-throats. There are very few breeders with Easterns this year, particularly the red-throat form. For the last two years, I have been the top producing breeder in the world, with the largest breeding colony of Eastern Indigos anywhere.

When an Eastern Indigo has a red throat and face, the irises of the eyes are also red colored and this allows the handler to see the animal's eyes and in particular, where the animal is looking. Usually this is at the handler, as Easterns are extremely curious and personable, and make nearly continuous eye contact with whoever is in the room or handling them. All-black Easterns, although equally personable, have all-black eyes which are harder to distinguish from the body scales making it difficult to perceive the eye contact this animal is famous for. I personally think the red-throat form is a more beautiful animal as well.

Attached is a picture of one of my 06 hatchlings. The juvenile speckling will disappear as the animal matures leaving solid black, glossy, irridescent scales. This animal is looking at me and wondering what to make of the flashes of light, as it hadn't been photographed before.

I am beginning to release 2006 hatchlings. Males and pairs are available, $1,100 each. I also have a small number of yearling pairs (inquire if interested).

Compared with other reptiles, Easterns hold their value year after year. Ten years ago, hatchlings sold for $350 to $450. A federal permit is required for shipments outside of California. I work with buyers on their permit applications (easy actually) to make sure they are approved. No one that has applied for a permit for a purchase from me has ever been denied one. I also try to help people with their husbandry and breeding efforts. The world needs more keepers and breeders of Eastern Indigos.

You can e-mail me directly at robert.bruce@sbcglobal.net or phone at (310) 502-6311.
  Contact User Check User