Finished Bredli Cage - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Payara
Finished Bredli Cage

Here is my finished cage. I am not too happy with the substrate but when I clean it out next time I'll fix that and maybe add a few plants. But here is what I have done, let me know what you guys think.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Payara
Here pics of the snake in his new enclosure

Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Twizted Paths
Nice

Try some pothos for plants. They'll still get beat up but they're more resilient than most other living vines I've tried.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Payara
Thanks Annabella!

I really don't like the aspen bedding, in a week or two I was planning on changing the bedding to ExoTerra Plantation Soil. Also, I have 2 PVC pipes on either side under all the aspen for hiding, I was planning on getting rid of that and instead buying cork bark tubes. I wanted to add some plants, I have some English ivy and like you said Annabella some pothos.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Twizted Paths
Just Bell is fine.

I always forget the english ivy, it's one of the few plants that refuse to live for me. I've heard tell it's good stuff though. The eco earth is a bear to deal with in water bowls but my saharan sand boas like it. Moss is pretty nice too but you have to watch it with feeding. I still haven't found a bedding for any of my snakes that I'm completely happy with.

I'm still using pvc tubes for mine but they're out growing them fast. There's a dead tree next door I'm going to pillage this week.

Are those foam rocks for the background?

I couldn't get the page you posted the pics of him in last time to load enough to comment (dial up sucks) but he's beautiful or handsome.. beautifully handsome!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
Payara
I am going to have a go at the ivy, see how it does for me. So far I've tried several brands and types not happy with any of them. I tried Zillia's Douglas Fir w/ Eucalyptus it had the right color but it was too fine, I was worried it would cause respiratory problems only thing left to try is coconut fibers. See how it looks and if the lil guy likes it.

I love PVC pipes have used with all my snake enclosure and plus they are dirt cheap but I wanted a more natural look to it, hopefully the cork tubes will work well. It's expensive though, but then again most everything is expensive on college student budget

I used foam and "Great Stuff" and then poured cement over it and sprayed on some non-toxic dyes. I kept up with the background progress in this tread: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=173998

Thanks Bell. He's a real nice looking snake with a personality to match.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
Twizted Paths
Thanks for the link!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Yaz23
Awesome finished product man! Glad it turned out how you hoped! Are you still planning on coming to FL for vacation this summer?

Bell, PM me!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
Payara
Thanks Yaz. That's my plan I haven't sat down and planned the trip, focusing on college 4 finals 2 more weeks before I graduate. I'll let you know.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
Yaz23
Nice! Congrats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!