BAD GUY Ryan Blakley Walter's World of Pets/ Wild Ryno Inc - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
Justin Mitcham
Quote:
Ryan is not the type of person you call and talk snakes with for an hour on the phone.
Had that experience with Ryan once..called him up..he said he was very busy, I asked him if I could ask one quick question that won't take more than a second..next thing I got was a dial tone...I have never been that busy to treat a customer that way!!
Never done or wanted to do buisiness with him since!!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
Ken Foose
This is a bunch of crap. I also run a store everyday and sell over the internet. Never, in my wildest dreams would I charge a restocking fee for something that has never been sent out. I answer about 75 emails every single day, and out of those, I estimate that I make sales off of about 10 of them, at the most. For every 10 people that walk into my store, I sell an animal to about half of them. This is called retail. It's the way it goes. Imagine if you came into my store, and took up an hour of my time as I explained the proper housing for a bearded dragon. After an hour, you tell me you'll go home and think about it. I then ask you for a restocking fee? What would you do? I know what I'd do. Tell me where to go, and never, ever shop in that store again, that's what I'd do. Thank goodness this doesn't happen if you're shopping for a car. It's like being charged to take a test drive. This is retail, and there are no guarantees of a sale, as much as I wish there was. Call your credit card company, and dispute the charge, right now. It takes forever to get your money back, so do it now.

Ken
Exotic Pets
2410 N. Decatur
Las Vegas NV 89108
702-631-7387

Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
lanceheads
I agree Ken. You ARE very busy, BUT you take time to answer customers questions.
You have always been a stand-up guy in that sense.

I know Ryan, have done a few deals with him, (never a bad or questionable one) but 25% re-stocking fee?
He's outta his mind!!! Especially for animals that never left their cages! LOL!

Randal Berry

Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #14
Keith Northrop
Talking $400 Diollars???

I'm as rude and crude as it gets.....That's why Sandra (My Lovely Wife) deals
with all first time Buyers that walk thru the door here at ChameleonCounters....especially Baby Turtle/Iguana Questions...Hahaha...Re-stock is something that left my store and is coming back.......I retain the right to refuse.........Sort of like a 100% re-stock fee....HaHa.....The Web
my domain....Different Rules....Different Beast.....

Old 09-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #15
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkreationz
I can tell you where Ryan is coming from on this issue. If you have a snake up on the classifieds, and someone buys it, then you remove that animal from the ads. Anyone else who calls on it is told they are sold. If he received four calls about the animals before you backed out on the purchase, then $400 is the restock fee for missed sales I guess. He does have a restock fee posted in his store. I have never read it as I have never returned anything to him. Be careful with that CC#, and don't give it out unless you are serious about a purchase.

First I am a serious buyer. You can visit the VENOMOUS forum at Fauna and see the long hard hours and money I have put in to my passion of snakes. I'm willing to pay for what I want and was offering Ryan what he asked for his snakes. I didn't try to talk him down on price, I paid what he asked. On that note I want to be happy with what I buy and put in my snake room. I was not happy with his snakes and I was pollite even when he was not and I told him I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing his snakes but they are not what I wanted after looking at the pictures. He knew before hand I wanted to see the pictures and agree before they shipped and the deal was final. If the time and effort wasn't worth it to him because I might back out he should of told me NO THANK YOU. I didn't nor would I ask him to send me snakes that cost almost $2,000.00 without seeing and agreeing that I like him.

Every breeder or shop I have dealt with I have always asked for pictures and or traveled to pick them out myself. I even went to Hamburg a few weeks ago and bought nothing and I live in Florida! I will go again in a month and again I may come back with nothing. If his snakes were what I wanted I would have no problem buying them, it's not the price or that I can't afford them. I just don't like the selection. I even offered to wait till the next littler but we see how that went...

I don't like being jerked around and I know others don't like it as well. I honestly was going to buy them if I agreed to the females. He knew there was a possability even after I paid him. I sent several emails insisting on the pictures before the deal was completed. Why didn't he say, to bad I'm sending you whatever I want? He sent the picture knowing I could back out and he took the chance knowing he might miss a sell on them. I'm sorry, call they guy back and tell them they are available again. He had more then 1.1 so... I'm not sure what he has now but I'm sure he can sell them again.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #16
Kingetula
I got an email from Ryan a few minutes ago.

He states he has seen the post here and my refund has been processed.

Quality guy at this point not taking this any further on the forums.

I would like to request that this post be deleted now that this has been settled. (If it can be)

Thank you

Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula

I would like to request that this post be deleted now that this has been settled. (If it can be)
Sorry, what gets posted on the BOI is here to stay.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
SPJ
This will stay here as a reminder to not try and charge this type of excessive restock fee.

Glad he said you will get a refund. Update the thread when it actually is processed and you have it.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #19
mbf000
Ryan is a very honest and man of his word so much that I do business with him instead of local people in Houston. He is 8 hours from me but it's worth it because he is a man of his word

Old 06-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
snakehandler65
Funny,
But it would seem to me that once you paid for something site unseen (and that was your choice) the deal was sealed, after everything I've read I think you were thorn in the sellers side it would be you I would be aware of in the future, face the fact you made a mistake after paying for something blindly and your placing the blame on someone else. Maybe you'll be a little wiser in the future before handing over such a large amount cash, sorry this happen to you but welcome to the real world.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!