Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #41
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
listen--I deal with kids day in and day out. Good ones, bad ones and everywhere in between. I like kids and most of customers children are great. This little boy was being rude and argumentative. At no point did he say he would have his parents call. When I told him to have them call--he told me that it is not worth the trouble to be able to bid-------I then said fine dont bid-----he then put a post up on his wall with me tagged in it I beleive saying how I wouldnt let him bid, blah blah blah. This is when he messaged me---fine--then I will never buy anything from you to which I replied no you wont and blocked him. Why in the world would you be defending this kids bad behavoir? Aside from everything---we have had NO TRANSACTION. He mouthed off and got blocked and that is no reason for him to post anything up on a public forum. On top of being underage here as well. I am pretty sure you are supposed to be 18 to post on the boi as well.
I don't think it states that in the rules anywhere. Seem's to me your being the bratty one here. You have resorted to name calling and trying to make up rules because you dont want a kid in a business area. And here I thought you were supposed to be the professional.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #42
MikeCurtin
As Kirk has already learned, the transaction (or lack thereof) that transpired really did not warrant a bad guy thread. I do, however, wish to comment on some of the comments that have been thrown his way. Some of the "big boys" would have a greatly diminished hobby and income if it weren't for all the young people coming up. These kids are our future....why don't we try and give them some useful correction and encouragement without trying to belittle them? It drives me crazy to listen to people who talk about being in this hobby since they were kids, and then go on to treat today's kids like they aren't worth their time.

Kirk, slow down, and try not to take too much to heart....it's hard sometimes, but you'll be better off to leave your pride and feelings out of the equation at times. Best of luck.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #43
Cp3_Pythons
Brandon,
Im willing to say that Steven Katz sbk94 is yet still a child if he's 18 its barely 18 yet his words seem to be that of the wise when a child gets involved in matters of an adult situation theres more then likely going to be a not so clean mess at the end of it... As you can see in Kirk's post above mine...
All Ben from what Im gathering from this wanted was to have Kirk's parents contact him... Correct?
And that Kirk himself wanted to retract his bid from Bens Facebook page becuase Kirk's phone was blowing up... Hmmm easy fix Change your settings.. Kirk got upset as he clearly states above... Once you've placed a Bid on an Item at a auction your Bid is there END OF STORY you cant retract your bid If Kirk would of had the winning bid he would of been liable to PAY UP!!! when he didn't pay up Ben would be posting the Bad Guy thread (not saying he would becuase it would more than likely be a waste of his time) on Kirk.
Then he get's upset becuase Ben wants to speak to his parents ( who Im sure didn't know he placing bids maybe the reason he wanted them deleted his parents have Facebook as well??)
In my Honest Opinion this thread is a waste of Rich's server space and at the actions of a Mad Child who should of been playing games on Facebook instead of placing bids in an auction he had no intentions of buying something or thats what Im getting from this line of what he wrote in the 1st post in this thread

" He was doing an auction and i devcided to put in a 10 dollar bid, well we all know people where gonna top that, "

He had no intentions of following through if his 10 dollar bid would have one
Simply a Child playing Child Games

And Kirk NO this post is here to stay this is the BOI Im more than sure by the actions you've taken here you've been added to quite a few Do Not Do Business with Lists

Take this as a Life Lesson if nothing else is taken in by this Somethings are just better to let go than carry on with as for every action there's a possitive or negitave reaction
Its not are mistakes we must live with but the Consequence's of are mistakes

Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #44
BenSiegelReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I don't think it states that in the rules anywhere. Seem's to me your being the bratty one here. You have resorted to name calling and trying to make up rules because you dont want a kid in a business area. And here I thought you were supposed to be the professional.

yes--thats why I wrote I was pretty sure. Can someone say for sure if minors are allowed to post on the boi? Im not sure--someone emailed me and told me that and also told me a few other things I should do, but honestly I am done.

But you seem like an entire different issue. I apologized to you for not emailing you back to buy your cornsnakes and kingsnakes after corresponding. Now you are writing stuff up here and making jabs. Trying to make up rules because I dont want a kid in the business area? I honestly dont even know what you are talking about. It is my fb auction--I guess I get to make up the rules on my sales, but anyone who is willing to sell to underage kids without parental permission will learn quickly to make rules like that. But what in the world would I know......

Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #45
kirkposs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
Brandon,
Im willing to say that Steven Katz sbk94 is yet still a child if he's 18 its barely 18 yet his words seem to be that of the wise when a child gets involved in matters of an adult situation theres more then likely going to be a not so clean mess at the end of it... As you can see in Kirk's post above mine...
All Ben from what Im gathering from this wanted was to have Kirk's parents contact him... Correct?
And that Kirk himself wanted to retract his bid from Bens Facebook page becuase Kirk's phone was blowing up... Hmmm easy fix Change your settings.. Kirk got upset as he clearly states above... Once you've placed a Bid on an Item at a auction your Bid is there END OF STORY you cant retract your bid If Kirk would of had the winning bid he would of been liable to PAY UP!!! when he didn't pay up Ben would be posting the Bad Guy thread (not saying he would becuase it would more than likely be a waste of his time) on Kirk.
Then he get's upset becuase Ben wants to speak to his parents ( who Im sure didn't know he placing bids maybe the reason he wanted them deleted his parents have Facebook as well??)
In my Honest Opinion this thread is a waste of Rich's server space and at the actions of a Mad Child who should of been playing games on Facebook instead of placing bids in an auction he had no intentions of buying something or thats what Im getting from this line of what he wrote in the 1st post in this thread

" He was doing an auction and i devcided to put in a 10 dollar bid, well we all know people where gonna top that, "

He had no intentions of following through if his 10 dollar bid would have one
Simply a Child playing Child Games

And Kirk NO this post is here to stay this is the BOI Im more than sure by the actions you've taken here you've been added to quite a few Do Not Do Business with Lists

Take this as a Life Lesson if nothing else is taken in by this Somethings are just better to let go than carry on with as for every action there's a possitive or negitave reaction
Its not are mistakes we must live with but the Consequence's of are mistakes
Honestly you can add me to whatever list you want, and if you dont wanna do business with me, then thats fine. But i did learn from my actions. Forgive but never forget. And honestly, if they dont want my business thats all fine and dandy.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #46
BenSiegelReptiles
really my last final reply on this!--Sorry--seems like I read that all the time on here. Should be ---- my last reply---TRANSLATION_-one of my last 4 or 5 replies if your lucky. But no kidding-last post.

Kirk wrote a nice letter of apology. I dont usually go for that kind of thing, but it sounded well written and heart felt. Apology accepted.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #47
kirkposs
Quote:
really my last final reply on this!--Sorry--seems like I read that all the time on here. Should be ---- my last reply---TRANSLATION_-one of my last 4 or 5 replies if your lucky. But no kidding-last post.

Kirk wrote a nice letter of apology. I dont usually go for that kind of thing, but it sounded well written and heart felt. Apology accepted.
Thank you so much ben.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #48
Lucille
Quote:

I'm glad that Kirk wrote the apology, and that you let us know. This incident finished well, allowing the youngster room for growth.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #49
Cp3_Pythons
Well Kirk with that being said that being what Ben wrote in post 46
Show's maturity Im glad that you did learn something from this and hopefully
mis-understandings like this wont happen again... Im glad things were worked out and that you Kirk went to fix what was wronged and took responsibilites from your actions

Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #50
kirkposs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
Well Kirk with that being said that being what Ben wrote in post 46
Show's maturity Im glad that you did learn something from this and hopefully
mis-understandings like this wont happen again... Im glad things were worked out and that you Kirk went to fix what was wronged and took responsibilites from your actions
Am i still on your "don't do business with" list?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!