My little piece of Heaven! Dial up warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Gekkonida
My little piece of Heaven! Dial up warning

I have been in the slow process of finishing my gecko room and moving all my leos from an upstairs bedroom to a permanent home downstairs. I am not quite there, as I still have 1 rack of adults upstairs that are in the process of laying and my female incubator, which I am just too chicken to move at this time. I have a few snakes that have infiltrated the room but we are working on that. Anyway, I have always liked when others have posted their reptile rooms so here goes.

I put the work area in the unfinished part of the downstairs.

Here is the door to the gecko room.

Looking straight ahead into the room and directly at my male incubator.

Freedom Breeder rack that I plan on moving out to make room for more geckos!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
robin d.
your set up looks awesome... use the freedom breeder to house geckos LOL
what kind of incubator is that? and what are the black cages? AP? or boaphile?

Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Awesome set up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
thesnakecharmer
Thumbs up Sooooo Cool!

Wow I love what you got goin' there! I cannot wait to have my own place so I can dedicate an entire room to my scaly friends . . lol, my roommates think I am crazy for having a "gecko apartment complex" aka a rack unit, and only one knows about my boa constrictor. And to top it all off, my landlord doesn't even allow pets! He caught me with the rack and I told him it was an organizer for my closet . .
Anyways, I love how organized and clean your room is! Awesome stuff!
Nicole

Old 04-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #5
Gekkonida
Quote:
use the freedom breeder to house geckos LOL
Robin, I guess I never considered using the freedom breeder for geckos. Man that sure would house a few groups hehehe. The incubator is from Natures spirit. I love it. I have two one for males (shown in the pic) and one for females. I would recommend them to anyone. I use Animal Plastics all the way!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
magick-bears
What size tubs do you use? Also do you breed in groups or keep them individual? It looks like a great set-up. I am just getting back into Leos and want to keep everything individual but due to the lack of space might have to go with group breeding. I was also wondering what you use for substrate? I am currently using crushed walnut but have been reading latly that it is bad for Leos.

Thanks,
Jeff C.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
Gekkonida
I keep all my leos seperate. For substrate I use pre cut paper liners. I really like them as they are easy to manage.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #8
Jeremy Letkey
Fred, that is a great set up you got!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #9
Gekkonida
Thanks Jeremy

Old 04-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
Jodi L Aherns
Fred,The room looks good.Keep us posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!