ed clark- liar, theif, bad guy- will you answer questions NOW? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
Wilomn
ed clark- liar, theif, bad guy- will you answer questions NOW?

mr. clark,

It seems that in the last few days you have had a GREAT many answers to all kinds of questions and posts that have NOTHING whatever to do with all the unanswered questions you ran away from a few months ago.

Since you seem to be in such a talkative mood, let me ask you a couple of them again. I would also encourage anyone else with questions for mr. clark to ask them in this thread.

Last year you traded a nice young lady some of her crested gecko morphs for your supposed "captive born and bred future holdback breeder females," to quote you directly, but when questioned about them having tape worms you could not recall if you actually sent her those or some cheap imports you had on hand.

Which snakes did you send her?

You have also stated a time or two that you had random snakes checked and all turned up clean and that you would post proof of it. You never did. Would you care to do so now?

Then there was the sale of some crested geckos. Do you recall, yet, the source of those geckos? There was some question as to their origins.

Now a cowardly liar would ignore this, run away and cry to Rich about how I'm picking on you, AGAIN, or try to lie his way out of this again. I am surely hoping that you do NOT take this avenue as has been your habit in the past.

Also, why is it that you LOCK every single ad you place on fauna? Why do you NOT want any questions in your ads? Seems to me that a good guy with nothing to hide, would leave his ads open for questions. I generally do when I place them. Why do you lock them ALL?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation mr. clark.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
RJK890
Is that your final answer?

I can understand why Mr.Clark locks his Ads. If he did not they would be flooded with "libel" attacks pertaining to this matter. If Ed pays membership and financially supports Fauna he should be able to place his available animals for sale in the classified section without having his threads hijacked. The BOI is the proper forum for this, and also for people considering making a purchase from him to research his reputation and see that he is in fact dodging these questions.

In all fairness to Ed, from what I remember the nice young lady was in possession of the animals for around ten months before posting that they had worms. It is my opinion that after almost a years time that would not reflect on Ed Clark's stock. I would have thought that the nice lady(Emily, I believe?) should test/treat the other animals in her collection and feeder colony to conclude that the origin was not found there.

Now if Ed had not posted on this matter at all I would have dismissed it right there. However, since he stated that he can't remember if he sent her WC/CH animals instead of the CBB Holdback quality future breeders they had agreed upon, that is enough proof of possible wrongdoing on Ed's part for me to jump to "the other side." (Star Wars pun.) Sorry, I am no Jedi.

Ed,
If you "accidentally" sent Emily WC/CH animals which would be expected to need internal/external treatment for parasites, instead of the CBB ones agreed upon, why not just admit it? Make it right with her, and clear your name! That would be the honorable thing to do and I would respect it even to the point of looking at your Ad's again.

If you did in fact send her the CBB animals you had agreed upon, why not say so? While your at it post the clear fecal test results like you said you were going to do, or explain why you are not.

Taking the silent route is very damaging at this point! Like I said earlier, if you had maintained from the start that you had sent her CBB animals, had no problems in your collection or with any other customers, and that after ten months the tape worms could and must have been introduced through her husbandry errors or feeder colony, I would be with you on this. That is not the case, and I think you should try to explain this situation from your side rather than hide from or ignore it.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
Cat_72
How about those replacement geckos you were supposed to send to Daniel? I recall you saying back in November you'd have babies ready to send out in a couple of weeks...did you get those sent out yet?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #4
Russ Bates
BOI Attacks

I have never purchased anything from Ed Clark. I don't personnally know anyone who has purchased from Ed. Clark. That said, it would seem that there is enough damaging evidence in previous posts that would help one make a determination on buying/trading with Ed Clark in the future without creating a "summary" thread on all of his bad deals. As I read the post it smacks of someone taking the opportunity to poke another bad guy in the eye for everyone to watch.

Although I really like the BOI.....I really think it is unfortunate that it can be used as opportunity to attack those they don't like or don't think are good business folk. To me it's pretty obvious when you use the search function if someone is good or bad....especially when you have posts telling the perceived wrong doings.

In closing, I know I'll get bombed for this but that's ok. I'm not sticking up for Ed Clark just voicing a concern that sometimes this BOI gets abused to go after already confirmed "bad guys".

Best of luck,
Russ Bates

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
kmurphy
Quote:
I have never purchased anything from Ed Clark. I don't personnally know anyone who has purchased from Ed. Clark. That said, it would seem that there is enough damaging evidence in previous posts that would help one make a determination on buying/trading with Ed Clark in the future without creating a "summary" thread on all of his bad deals. As I read the post it smacks of someone taking the opportunity to poke another bad guy in the eye for everyone to watch.

Although I really like the BOI.....I really think it is unfortunate that it can be used as opportunity to attack those they don't like or don't think are good business folk. To me it's pretty obvious when you use the search function if someone is good or bad....especially when you have posts telling the perceived wrong doings.

In closing, I know I'll get bombed for this but that's ok. I'm not sticking up for Ed Clark just voicing a concern that sometimes this BOI gets abused to go after already confirmed "bad guys".

Best of luck,
Russ Bates
I agree Russ. There's already a thread on this deal and this question should have been asked on that thread.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
2amcreations
agrees Russ

I totally agree Russ. If Wes had a new transaction with Ed that would be one thing, unfortunately this is not the case.

This thread shouldn't even exist. Ed already has enough bad guy threads to make sure folks know he's a scumbag.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
cyberfrog
This is why most breeders I know couldn't care less about this site, don't use it, and try to forget it exists. Simply, anyone can run your name through the mud at any time for any or no reason. Responding to a thread simply makes more threads, so the best thing as some see it is to ignore this site completely. IMO the only use for this site is buying over the internet, as it's not really easy to check the BOI before buying something at a show. So people who don't primarily sell on the internet are much less likely to care about this site or even show up on it as a good or bad guy. Sure, Ed may be a bad guy, but I have also seen some good guys(IE Glades Herp thread) be drug through the mud for no reason and no matter how many of us come to their defense, when a user does a search, they will see the bad guy thread.
I honestly use the site for entertainment purposes as I don't do much internet buying and the people I do buy from over the web I already know by reputation.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Wilomn
You gentlemen are entirely welcome to your opinions.

I, and several others however, have some questions that he has neglected to answer in those other threads; neglected to answer even after promising to do so.

Since I have interest in those answers, as do some others, what avenue would you fine gentlemen recommend I take to achieve satisfaction?

I have no desire or need to beat him up. I cannot ask these things in other threads of his, even when he says to feel free to ask questions, I can apply no real pressure other than here in the BOI. None that I know of at any rate.

Perhaps such illustrious and intelligent gentlemen as yourselves would deign to help me, poor lout that I am, better suited to as I am to merely beating my opponents to a pulp than bantering and badgering answers from those who fail to answer as they should.

Any help you could give would be most sincerely appreciated.

Thank you so much, in advance even,
W

Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
John Apple
Wes
Clark will not respond cause to do that he would have to roll out of bed and possibly hit Gubitz in the head with his elbow.
Can we say dishonest bedfellows

Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
SPJ
Wes,
As much as I agree with you that Ed should answer some of the questions he left hanging and had gone downhill in the credibility section, I don't think this thread is going to do much of anything and was not worth starting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark