SOLD!! Jeweled Lacerta $75 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Other Lizards

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
D0ug
Jeweled Lacerta $75

Edit: I have looked into shipping and it doesn't seem to difficult. Shipping would be through SYR. Overnight with a shipping kit appears to make the total around $150 second day is around $115. I'm just going to assume shipping past two days is a bad idea since this guy/gal likes to be warm and the heat pack only lasts 40hrs.

Very active and beautiful lizard. Unsexed but I've been told its a male due to the colors. I'm not interested in breeding so I never took the time to figure it out. Current diet is primarily dubias, superworms and crickets with butter/waxworms as treats. Perfectly healthy and a great eater... kids will kill me when I get rid of him/her but I'm looking into ackies so this ones got to go. Local pickup only. Never been housed with another rep and as such he/she has no nips, scratches, scars or missing toes/tail pieces. I have never shipped a reptile and as such I am uncomfortable doing so. Local pickup only. Purchased for $150 so I'm thinking $75 is fair and appears to be less then the going rate.

Feel free to ask any questions. First picture shows his colors and features pretty well and the second one I just happened to catch on our drop-cam of him licking his lips after eating a bunch of supers out of the small bowl. Not the best resolution but I thought it was a cool pic.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 11-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
redrob13B
Looks female from the photos provided. If you decide to ship, let me know.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
D0ug
I suppose I would be open to shipping but the buyer would have to cover the cost. I dont mind packaging and doing the leg work I just havent done it before. I also kinda prefer people to inspect before purchasing but thats your call I guess.

Perhaps there is a thread on here for proper shipping?

Here's another pic by the way. Taken tonight with my iphone from a couple inches. Pretty chill most the time.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 11-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
redrob13B
Definitely a female! I would pay for shipping so just let me know.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
D0ug
Sounds good. Have you shipped before? If so just PM me the procedure. Looks like an insulated box, paper padding, cloth sack and a heat pad? Suggestion on where to buy the stuff?
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #6
redrob13B
That's pretty much the way I've received lizards. I haven't shipped myself, only have been shipped to. Sounds like the bases are covered. I would say place the lizard into a breathable bag and place into a container with holes. Also, use strips of newspaper as padding. Place a hot hands outside of container, these can be purchased at walmart, keeping it all contained in Styrofoam. Make sure to puncture the box and Styrofoam with holes to provide air.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #7
Fangthane
There's an entire section of this site that's dedicated to discussions about shipping reptiles. You could probably get a lot of good ideas from looking there: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=462

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!