A rare Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
A rare Boa

'09 Boa Constrictor sabogae. Neat stuff. I call him Marco. Need to find him a lady.

Some close ups from different angles. I'm intrigued by his infralabials. They seem to be a bit more pronounced then any other Boa ssp I've kept. Maybe due to their semi arboreal nature?

He don't show his face much, so when he does I need to take advantage of it.

Thanks for looking!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
hoppingherps
Give Lolo or bryon a jingle on looking for a female. That is one freakin sweet boa.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
hoppingherps
Oh and you need to send me some of them hondo's j/k but I would definitely like to see more pics from your collection.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Snakesitter
Pretty boy! Thanks for posting!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Helenthereef
I don't know much about the Boa species, but this is a very cool snake. Is this a created morph or a locality species?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppingherps View Post
Give Lolo or bryon a jingle on looking for a female. That is one freakin sweet boa.
Yeah, although I do need him a lady, I had to decline Lolo's offer. Mom's in Cali and not doing so well, and I might have to leave in a hurry to go help her out. I won't even be able to bring everything I already own.

Shame too. I'll never come across another offer like that.

Helen, this Boa can only be found on the Island of Saboga in the Archipelago de Perlas of Panama. They are an island locale, and their own sub-species of Boa Constrictor. Also one of the more rare in captivity. Not a morph, but naturally hypomelanistic, and often times fairly patternless. Neat critters!

Thanks for the nice replies everyone.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppingherps View Post
Oh and you need to send me some of them hondo's j/k but I would definitely like to see more pics from your collection.
I've posted both my Fire Bellies recently here in the boa forum. You'll like how the male turned out. He was in rare form.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Helen, this Boa can only be found on the Island of Saboga in the Archipelago de Perlas of Panama. They are an island locale, and their own sub-species of Boa Constrictor. Also one of the more rare in captivity. Not a morph, but naturally hypomelanistic, and often times fairly patternless. Neat critters!
Thanks for that, I do enjoy seeing these unusual species and obviously small island sub-species are fascinating to me!

Good luck with your Mom, fingers crossed for the best

Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks for that. Still trying to work out alternatives, so maybe I'll get lucky or something.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
what a handsome face on that fella!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom... sorry I'm not closer to help out with your critters

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!