How much would you charge for....... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
bubblesd1234
How much would you charge for.......

I found someone trying to sell a hounduran milksnake.....does not know age or sex and says there is no aggression but a little skittish when touching the head. He quoted me a price for his "adoption" but I think it is really high compared to others I have seen for sale but knowing the age and sex. How much do you think is a fair price for it?? I am going to try and post a pic, if not I will return with a link to the ad.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
evilcowboy420
I would think anywhere from 100 to 120. Not knowing age and sex is a biggy in my book. Every animal I own I know the sex of. It dont look like anything special to me. The only plus is it is it looks like an adult so you'd probably be able to breed it soon. If you do end up with it I would buy a visual morph for the mate so you end up with something other than normals.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
Shieny
I saw this ad on CL. Looks like a really cool snake...
Hopefully you can get him/her to bring down the price.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
bubblesd1234
Thanks guys......I REALLY want him/her but am scared to spend too much not knowing age, sex isn't a biggie as I can get it sexed; but don't want an adult that is beyond it's years. I don't know what to do........

Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
garweft
Skip that one and buy a healthy baby from a reputable breeder.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Shieny
Well, what you can do is if the person doesn't sell it to you for a less, might as well skip and get a baby one.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
bubblesd1234
For the price this person wants without lowering I probably could......

Old 12-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Shieny
Do you think it's a scam?
I found the same exact picture on this website (scroll down):

http://petzotics.com/snakes.html

and it's located in Europe...

Old 12-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #9
bubblesd1234
OMG!!! I just checked it out myself......They are the same pics but here is the link to the ad (there is a phone number posted) http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pet/1505035965.html
I replied back to the person, in email, and still haven't heard back. Just checked the addy and it is a gmail........I don't know.....maybe I should call the number and see what happens.......????

Old 12-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Skip that one and buy a healthy baby from a reputable breeder.
I didn't say this because it is cheaper or easier, or because I'm a hobby breeder and like to get people to buy from my fellow breeders. Way too many people get horrible animals, scammed, etc. from craigslist. Just go to the Board of Inquiry here and search craigslist.....lots of bad news.

That is a nice picture of a beautiful bicolor adult. I doubt that that is the animal for sale...if there even is an animal.

Forget that animal and hit up the milksnake adds here to find a nice healthy milk. Search all prospective sellers on the BOI and if there isn't a thread you can find post an Inquiry. You'll be glad you did.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!