Ball Pythons or Boas to keep, and WHY?????? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #21
Morelia4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckogrl6 View Post
I asked myself some similar questions when I was ready to graduate from corns. I do think the corns are a really good starter snake, as are the BPs. Corns have an unbelievable variety of morphs, and often cheaper than boas.
I had some BPs awhile back, and found them to be all of what the other posters have already said- kinda boring, and much pickier eaters than boa. I eventually got rid of the BPs due to their picky eating habits.
Eventually, I settled on a rainbow boa, as I am of too small a stature to handle a full grown larger boa alone, and I refuse to commit to getting an animal I know I will not be able to maintain alone throughout its entire life. My BRB is easily handled, as I have been doing so since neonate. I also considered the carpet pythons, but I would not recommend those as a starter snake.
Very good post. I would also have to agree with you about Carpet pythons not being a very good starter snake. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty easy to take care of but some can be a little more difficult then a Ball python. I am looking back into boas again. I am wanting to get a Snow boa just because I find them beautiful and I have always wanted one since I seen one in the Reptiles magazine probably 5 years ago lol. I have been stuck on the Morelia genus for probably a year a half but I don't want to be close-minded and only keep one genus. I love my Carpet pythons but I want to expand now and I think Boas are the way to go.

At the end of the day it all depends on what suits the keeper best. If you live in a one bedroom apt then no you don't need a boa or an anaconda or a retic lol. A bp would suit you best.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!