Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
CheriS
Matt,

This thread has been opened for over a month for her to state her side. Even a post from her that said "I am addressing this and there other factors involved, we are concerned when someone is not satisfied, but there are other things going on" or "our attorney advised us not to discuss this.....anything...but left unresponed to, all anyone can think is this person got ripped off. Combine that with the other things she states that are not true.... personal conversations with her in Daytona about her plans, etc......put yourself in another position... that you never bought from her and were happy with your purchase... then read this, what would you think?

She has not been honest to people, she has made up her years of experience, claimed generations of breeding a line that is someone else's work and failed to honor a guarantee. That's is not someone that has integrity, honesty or a good reputation.... even if they claim it and others believe it when they do.

I am very glad you are happy with yours, and I am sure the dragon is glad the owner they got cares for them like that....but this is not about that. Its about someone's verasity in an industry that too many come up with get rich schemes, abuse and walk on others to get that, its called greed.

Sometimes even when in the right, as a reputable breeder, you need to go the extra steps to keep harmony and put the needs of the animal first. I have even refunded full purchase price and paid shipping back when someone's circumstances changed a month or more after the sale and it was not in the dragons best interest to stay with them.

Too often people get into this industry for the wrong reason, or forget why they got involved with reptiles to begin with. Watch a child's face when he handles his first reptile... then we remember, and you know, that joy is worth more than any dollars

Old 11-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
Lucille
Cheri

That is an eloquent post you just wrote. You do sound like a wonderful, caring breeder.

I do not know why Terri stopped corresponding with me, and I do wish she would show up and say something. I got involved in the first place because I think it is only fair for anyone accused of misdealings to have notice and an opportunity to be heard.

I think some good did come of all this- your posts showing your feelings and beliefs. It benefits the whole reptile industry each time someone comes on a public board and reiterates the kind of philosophy you have.

Lucille Hollander

Old 11-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
Rockford
Yep!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lucille
Cheri

That is an eloquent post you just wrote. You do sound like a wonderful, caring breeder.

I do not know why Terri stopped corresponding with me, and I do wish she would show up and say something. I got involved in the first place because I think it is only fair for anyone accused of misdealings to have notice and an opportunity to be heard.

I think some good did come of all this- your posts showing your feelings and beliefs. It benefits the whole reptile industry each time someone comes on a public board and reiterates the kind of philosophy you have.

Lucille Hollander
I couldn't agree more. There are plenty good ones out there. But it's a shame not everyone shares Cheri's beliefs.

Like I said before, If you are going to have a guarantee you really should stick by your word. It says alot about someone that can bite the bullet on a $500 animal. And it's not really biting the bullet either. Im sure it didn't cost her that much to produce the little bugger. At the very least 90% profit.

There is a saying.."What come around goes around". She may not get it, but she will eventually.

Bthacker

Old 11-22-2004, 01:31 AM   #4
Paperkid
Payment method?

How did you pay the $500.00? If you used a credit card then I would contact them and see if you are still covered by their buyers protection. I have had to use them before and unlike Paypals one month cover a credit card can have a six month cover. Even if you did use a credit card but used it through Paypal you can still give you credit card company a call and start the legal action against this business. Paypal has it written on their site that doing something like this might limit your use of Paypal, but they never do if the transaction was with you credit card company through them.

David Gaithe
Razorback Exotics

Quote:
The mind is it's own place and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell a Hell of Heaven.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM   #5
CheriS
Jonathan,

You might want to check her guarantee on her website, she has changed it again.

There are also addtitonal directions for buyers using the voice mail and directions after the sale. I think you should store all these changes coming right now, with what is going on with you and some others.

Also, I need your email to send you the communication info on the person who's dragon did not survive after it arrive from them.

Remember, all guarantees and changes are recorded in archived, at the URL I posted back on page 8 or 9 should you need them in the future

Old 12-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
jnewsome26
'nother update,

The dispute is proceeding apace. Thanks a lot Cheri for your help, and to the folks who've shown support, or just listened to what I had to say. To those who doubt me, I fully understand, and you raise some salient points. But, I stand by my words and, I believe have demonstrated a willingness to go on record, elaborate on, and own up to my words. That in and of itself says a lot.

Jonathan Newsome

Old 12-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #7
CheriS
I wish you luck, like I said and that email shows, you are not alone in the same problems.

Some times the credit card compamies come back and say the amount was for an item and you received that item, anything after it is civil. Many sellers count on that. That is not a reflection on the merit of your claim. But I have also seen them reverse charges on a sale that was not as presented, with the willingness of the buyer to return what was purchased, and you have already stated that was not a problem.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:52 PM   #8
CML724
Bad for buisness...

I recently purchased a Flame X Blood cross from terri...last night actually! It's supposed to arrive within the next 12 hrs, so I'm pretty excited. I am, however, worried by this thread. I read every page in the hopes that terri would at some point give her side, make a formal apology, or something....

We all make mistakes...it's no big deal. So far my dealings with her have been great. She offered me a hold-back quality for the breeder quality price, admitting that it lost the tip of it's tail before telling me about the quality. I had planned on later on purchasing a female (have another baby dragon, but it's looking like I got a male at home and another on the way now) but am unsure about purchasing one from her after all this. Hopefully it all gets resolved before I'm ready to make my purchase.

Chris

Old 12-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #9
Rockford
Holdbacks?

Is it just me or does it seem like every breeder term their offspring as "holdbacks"?
I am not saying that you aren't getting a "holdback" quality animal. I just think the term is overly used. I am a salesman by trade and "holdback" to me is just another sales tactic. I may be stating the obvious but we need to come up with another slogan or term, like "I would keep it myself but I really need the money". Just my opinion.

Did you make mention of this thread when you dealt with her? You mention in your post "we all make mistakes... it's no big deal". It is a big deal when your mistakes are not admitted or corrected. I am sure if what happened to Jonathan... happened to you, it would be a big deal. Hopefully you get a healthy, quality animal.

Happy Holidays!!!

Bthacker

Old 12-17-2004, 01:43 AM   #10
DragonCharm
Guilt by silence. An innocent person would plead their case, no?