Vet Visit with Abbott and Costello - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #21
Drache613
Great

Hello Alexis,

That is great she is eating on her own now & her appetite has picked up some. So she is basking alot more too? It sounds like she is feeling much better. That is really good news.
Definitely keep us posted on how her digging is coming along!

Tracie

Old 04-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #22
a1littlesister
Thanks for the concern....question...do they start eating really good before they get ready to lay? Lately her apatite has doubled compaired to last week but she does like to just lay and bask and get her daily soaks. She is not to crazy about the calcium and fights like crazy. I have to wrap her in a towel with her head poking out to give it to her. Monday she really got into digging today she could care less. I just wonder if the Dr. was right. How can you tell or can you tell if they have eggs forming? I tell you one thing for sure....she is getting so spoiled now she will only eat her greens if I hand feed her and most her crickets. I think she is a bit smarter than I gave her granted for...but right now she seems to be doing OK...I have to gather another poop sample this week from both and take it in to have it screened again. They didn't find any parasites but treated them anyway and Abbott still has loose poop so something is going on. They said they would test for concedia.....is that right? I'm sure most of you know what it is..even if the spelling is off. Thanks again to everyone.
Alexa

Old 04-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #23
Mad4You2
Elvira eats like a total pig up until about 2 days before she lays. She will eat anything that doesn't eat her first. After she lays she is the same way. You would think she had never seen food before. The 2 days before she lays she will eat but not like a madwoman lizard. She has only taken about 30 minutes to actually lay her eggs all 3 clutches this year. She ate almost 100 phoenix worms yesterday. She laid on the 11th and has 19 days between clutches so far this year. I hope she doesn't have any more but she seems to be bulking up.

Loose poop is normal with coccidia and if he had any antibiotics that might be causing it as well...like it does with humans. Poop is usually foul smelling if they have coccidia. I think that they will dig one day and not the next because they are just seeing how it goes and where they want the tunnel.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #24
Drache613
Hello

Hello Alexa,

If you cannot feel or see eggs, the only way to determine if she is gravid is to get an ultrasound to get a look inside of her.
Glad to hear she is eating well & basking too. So she doesn't like her calcium huh? Too bad, she needs it! LOL
Keep us posted.
Tracie

Old 05-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #25
a1littlesister
I posted this thread on April 11 that was the day I took Costello to the vet. I think I need a new Vet. I originally took him because he had been impacted the vet told me she was forming eggs. OK sounded possable...it is now May 11 and Costello is showing no signs of laying eggs. Could something have happened to them or doe this Vet really not know what she is talking about. I had my doubts when she said that but thought hey she is a vet and should know. We went through the soaking every day the calcium twice a day and the tub with topsoil so she could dig....never took an interest in that. These people are listed as exotic vets and specialize in reptiles...they are the only ones in my area and now I'm doughting their ability. Could she have possably absorbed the eggs in some way? Her apatite has returned to normal and now acting normal except spoiled with all the extra attention I was giving. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Alexa

Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #26
Dr Alan
Ask them to make an x-ray, LittleSister.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #27
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I completely agree. Either an x-ray, or an ultrasound would be helpful. If she did reabsorb eggs, her protein could be a little high, (albumin, or overall count). That is called egg stasis. Or, she could have egg binding possibly if she hasn't laid & is gravid? Did you ever have a blood test done on her yet?
Either way, they need to see what is going on inside of her.
Let us know how things are going. Are you keeping her well hydrated? Good that her appetite has returned though.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!