gettingone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
waterdragonlover
gettingone

hi i am getting a bearded dragron this summer and i need to find a cheap breeders any ideas

Old 05-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Cat_72
Remember.....you often get what you pay for.

If cheap is your only requirement, there's plenty out there. If you want a pet that is going to be healthy, happy, and be around for a long time, you need to look beyond price. There are many good breeders out there who sell expensive morphs and such, but often have lower priced "pet quality" animals available.

Do all of the research you can to learn all about the proper care of Beardies, and then talk to breeders. Quiz THEM on how much they know. Ask what kind of health guarantees they offer, and if they have tested their animals for Adenovirus before breeding them. If they don't give you the answers you want....move on, until you find someone that you can trust has quality animals, at a price you can afford.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
RowingMunkeyCU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Remember.....you often get what you pay for.

If cheap is your only requirement, there's plenty out there. If you want a pet that is going to be healthy, happy, and be around for a long time, you need to look beyond price. There are many good breeders out there who sell expensive morphs and such, but often have lower priced "pet quality" animals available.

Do all of the research you can to learn all about the proper care of Beardies, and then talk to breeders. Quiz THEM on how much they know. Ask what kind of health guarantees they offer, and if they have tested their animals for Adenovirus before breeding them. If they don't give you the answers you want....move on, until you find someone that you can trust has quality animals, at a price you can afford.
Good words Cathy!

Also, beardies are not the cheapest critters to own, their food costs will add up quickly, nor are their housing/lighting costs (UVB bulbs are expensive) cheap. So you may want to reconsider whether you can actually afford a beardie or not.

I saw your location, and you're in luck, the nation's largest reptile show is right in your backyard. That's the National Reptile Breeders' Expo! I would highly recommend attending.
http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/

I'll be driving down from NY this year, and it should be a great time :-)

Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
AxelMyBaby
RowingMunkey is right... beardies aren't the cheapest. But the most expensive breeders are not always best. Some breeders that have good deals are great; breeding awesome colors that just glow out of the cages while maintaining health and size.

Their lighting needs to be a special kind, and they must have giant cages. Their good costs add up extremely quickly. Approx. $108 a month, and that's just for food.

I PMed you and if you have any questions or want to discuss anything to do with them, please do ask me!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!