what happens for a yellow res to become a clown - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
cobain1309
what happens for a yellow res to become a clown

I have one other question for the experts that is a mystery to me. I have heard several different way's or methods of how to get yellow belly clowns. Can you or anyone give me the straight answeres on this topic.
I want to thank everyone who answeres this and share their opinions in advance.
Chris Grisham

Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
cobain1309
I have heard it happens becouse of a high temp incubation and I have also herd and more likely to beleave is a resecive gene is what causes the clown.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Painteds4Life
Its most likely the high temp method as clowns usually are always female and have split scutes caused by high temp incubation. Though some people like you said believe it may be a resecive gene.

Until we actually see breeders that have parents with baby pics to show it actually is a chance of the gene happening. I stick to its all high temps.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Mac's Morphs
Right now they are just random occurance typically hatched at turtle farms which tend to hatch tens or hundreds of thousands of yellow belly sliders and a few dozen of the clowns pop out. It's been rumored incubation temps but it its just a rumor. My personal opinion is its not incubation temps because if it way there would be a lot more people experimenting with it an hatching clowns personally but right now no one is other then farms. Like who wouldnt experiment with temps during incubation if it means instead of hatching the normal $10 yellow belly compared to the $250+ clown yellow bellies.

With time we will know if it's just a random occurance or if its a recessive trait as more people attempt to breed them.

So basically right now there is no explaining them or if they are genetic or just random color occurance.

Mitch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!