Info Charles Guinard: RC DesigningMorphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
Jenna09
Charles Guinard: RC DesigningMorphs

Today while checking out Reptiles Canada I came across a thread that was for someone's new website (the thread has since been removed for legal reasons) I clicked on a link that was posted by DesigningMorphs, Charles Guinard, that took me to their website:
http://www.designingmorphs.com/gallery.html

(Note: the picture in question has since been changed)

I scrolled through the pictures in the gallery and the picture of the Toffino immediately caught my eye because it was a picture I took for Billy Rows in February 2012. It had been edited and cropped, but was clearly my picture.

I posted on the thread letting Charles know that this was my picture and because he was a photographer I didn't think it was right that he was using my picture and claiming that it was his. If he had permission from Billy to use the picture then I would understand (we have a mutual agreement to share rights to the pictures and it would be his prerogative to let someone else use the picture).

Instead of saying it was my picture that he was using Charles claimed that it was a different picture and a different snake. A toffino female that he had purchased from a different breeder (the picture is of a toffino male).

I then proceeded to post my evidence that it was not only the same snake but the same picture (same markings, same shadowing, lights in eyes exactly the same, position exactly the same, etc). I did one comparison shot and used the wrong picture, it has been a long day, but I quickly noticed it and made the correction and let everyone know that I posted the wrong picture (you could still clearly see it was the same snake though). I stated that if Charles could post an unedited full body picture of the snake with his properties to the picture listed I would eat my words and apologize publicly. Charles continued to deny that it was my picture and posted a totally edited picture that had altered pattern and blushing plus a squished up body and deformed head in comparison to the picture that I found on his site (he is claiming an upload problem caused the changes).

Because the thread was deleted I am waiting on screen shots if anyone thinks they are necessary, I will have them sometime tomorrow.

These are the PM's that were exchanged between us:

Sent to me right before I made this post:

A picture I took this afternoon that is just from my phone that shows my picture on the left and his website in the background with the toffino picture:

Picture I posted that was the wrong picture but clearly shows it is the same snake, I circled some of the exact same markings (my picture on left "Charles' picture of a different snake" on right):

And the correct side by side shots (my pic on left and the picture in question on the right):

Set of pics I was going to post before the thread got closed, Charles' picture of the full body of the snake (totally edited and messed up looking) on the top left, mine on the bottom left and the picture I found on his website on the top right:

This is clearly not only the same picture but the same snake. If an apology was just given from the get go or an explanation on why the picture was used I would have not pursued anything. But to lie and then alter a picture that now looks nothing like the snake that was posted on his website in the first place is just not acceptable in my books.

If anymore information is required, let me know. I have let Charles know I was going to the BOI about this and to please post the unedited picture for me to see.

I am not someone who enjoys drama and would never make a post without being 100% sure about the situation.

Jenna Forsyth

Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
Damzlfly
Charles, I'm not sure how it is that you have acquired a completely different snake with the exact same markings as Billy's that Jenna took the photo of. Thats pretty darn amazing. So amazing, that i personally think you are full of you-know-what. The picture that you posted on your website is clearly, the same picture that Jenna took. A full public apology to Jenna is in order here, unless you can prove without a doubt that you have that toffino's twin and took a picture in the exact same position as Jenna did. Good luck.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Corey Woods
I totally agree with Jenna that this is the same snake and the picture was clearly stolen.

Clearly, if Charles actually owned this snake he could take a picture of it on todays newspaper for everyone to see as proof that he actually owns that snake.

Corey

Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
AaronSerio
This is the information I got when I ran Charles' recent picture posted last night before the thread was deleted on RC. (I believe Jenna is getting screenshots of it)

Date: April 4, 2013 7:31:20PM (timezone not specified)
(2 hours, 40 minutes, 18 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of US Pacific)
File: Tofino.dng
305 × 576 JPEG
65,858 bytes (0.063 megabytes) Image compression: 88%

XMP Toolkit XMP Core 5.1.2
Creator Tool Adobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Create Date 2013:04:04 19:31:20-04:00
19 minutes, 42 seconds ago
Metadata Date 2013:04:04 19:42:33-04:00
8 minutes, 29 seconds ago
Modify Date 2013:04:04 19:42:33-04:00
8 minutes, 29 seconds ago

Here's the link to all the information. Some of which I don't understand but it seems comparing it to his actual pictures from his site that it's brand new when all others are not.

Here's the toffino picture link.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?dummy=on&...d%3D1365119272

Here's a picture from his site I did the same thing with last night. One of a few I used as a comparison.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?url=http%...pewter_pin.jpg

Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Jenna09
The problem I have is that Charles claimed that this is not only a different picture that he took but a totally different snake, a female toffino that he purchased from a different breeder.

If he had of just owned up and said it was my picture that would have ended the whole thing.

I have told him how to post a picture on here so he can prove me wrong because he still continues to claim that it is not my picture.

If it is the same snake and Charles owns it, I believe I have photos of it from July 2012, and it had already started its toffino colour transformation. So a picture of it on today's newspaper should show a very different coloured and much larger toffino.

Jenna

Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Jenna09
Here is the latest communication from Charles:

His picture:

I knew this was my picture right when I saw it. I am glad that Charles has admitted that a mistake was made and apologized for the mistake.

Jenna

Old 04-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Jenna09
I couldn't not ask him these questions, because I really have worked hard to improve my photography over the years and take pride in my work and some of what was said was just bugging me because it didn't make sense.

The bottom part in the quotes was part of the message I don't know why it came out like that.

Jenna

Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Jenna09
And the response to my questions:

Jenna

Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
kjay
Jenna I must say I like the way you handled this. You kept this from being a personal attack and defended what clearly by the evidence is yours.

It does appear you gave ample opportunity for him to just say sorry.
I learnt long ago when you tell one lie you need to follow it up with many more.
It appears this has happened.
The sad part is once someone tells a lie about something this small what else is In store.
A class act and something that people would respect is an apology to Jenna on RC. Just be straight and stop passing the blame to wrong upload or your web creator. Man up and move on.
Jenna is definitely not one to start trouble and I only see her defending her property.
That clearly has been stolen. I would put money on it that many people would allow you to use their photos just ask don't steal,than make it worse with bs excuses

Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
Jenna09
Charles and I have been in communication during this whole BOI post. I told him I was posting on the BOI but I did not realize that he didn't know what it was. He has tried signing up and posting but was unable to do so and has asked me to post this apology on here for him.

I appreciate that Charles has apologized and acknowledged that the picture was mine. I guess this is a learning experience for both of us and I will now be putting my logo or water mark on all of my pictures I post on public forums from here on out.

Jenna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!