Inquiry DTS herp farm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Brandonmarsh29
DTS herp farm

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever done business with them? I have seen some of their ads on another site and sometimes the representative pics they have posted look really skinny. Just curious n would like to know if I should call them or not next time I see something I like. Thank you guy much.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Fangthane
DTS as in Dan Scolaro? If so, RUN AWAY! A BOI search for Scolaro will yield some alarming information. Do yourself a favor...avoid at all costs.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
redhood23
He has a bad rep on here, but I have bought some snakes off of him recently and they were perfect. I was skeptical at first, but I contacted 35 people who he had on his site that had reviewed him and spoke to them. His animals are mostly all imports, so if you do get from him, make sure to flagyl and pancur your animals. I picked up a pair of barons and a pair of ornate flying snakes from him, they were great.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
redhood23
Again, I will say I was very skeptical, but I had a good experience. Only dealt with him once though.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Wilomn
One of the worst guys in the business.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
He has a bad rep on here,
And very rightfully so. Hopefully, it extends far beyond here. I'd hope that he'd have a bad rep among any group of people who place even the slightest value on integrity. There are so many things that an informed buyer would have to look past to even consider dealing with the guy. Beyond the documented history of mites, IBD, a comically cutthroat business model, countless lies, evasions and blowups; one would still have to get past the fact that the guy's just a total piece o' in general. Such an enticing proposition.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #7
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
Again, I will say I was very skeptical, but I had a good experience. Only dealt with him once though.
So you have no qualms about dealing with and supporting a proven bad guy?
That is good to know.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Lucille
Brandon, I just want to confirm that you are speaking of Dan Scolaro, there is a different business that describes itself as a Herp Farm.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
Ron Allen
You can't spell Death To Snakes without DTS.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #10
kingpinreptiles
Just wanted to chime in here..
I've done countless transactions with Dan over the last 10 years, thousands of dollars at a time, and have never had any problems with any of them.
I have seen plenty of his bad guy threads over the years, but anyone who does hundreds of transactions a year faces the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 bad ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!