Bad Guy Joseph Ashton - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
TheGeckoDen
Joseph Ashton

Hi, My name is Daniel Glenn and I am the owner/operator of The Gecko Den. I am just comming on here to inform others of what has happened with my dealings with a guy named Joseph Ashton. We had first met when he opted to buy one of my young male mojave's and that deal went smoothly. I delivered him to him with no problem. Our second deal went fine as well for a snake rack that he had purchased off of me. So we became some what friends and he started comming by and shooting the shit. Then I picked up a male pied and was in need of a 100% het pied girl. So I asked around and he got back to me saying he had one that was a proven breeder. Now he wanted to use my spotnose male. I inquired as to where the het pied girl had come from and he in return told me that he didn't want to say the breeders name. Which I thought was a little weird but we seemed to have become "friends". So I went with it. That night he also was interested in a 2010 male pastel 100% het orange ghost that I had. He had previously told me that he was a tattoo artist at "Perfect Image" here in London. So I said alright I'll give him to you for some work and I did. But yet when I called there to see if he was at work, because he has not gotten back to me in a couple of days they told me they have never heard of him. Then I asked to speak to the owner and he informed me as well that he has never hired anyone by that name. So I described what he looks like and still nothing. Now this is where it has all gone downhill. He has yet to have come and do any work. Keeps telling me that he will be here next weekend or this weekend. Or this day and that day. You pretty much get the idea! Now I know, it was bad on my part to trust someone so easily, but what can I say I am easy going. I was hoping that the herp community wouldn't fall to all these scammers but cleary it's a hot hobby for scammers. I get txt msg's from him here and there saying that he will come and do the work but still a NO SHOW!!! This has been going on since New Years! I am trying to find out for sure that this het pied girl is a het, but can't find the breeder. I guess the only way to tell will be to prove her out this year. But since this has happened to me it has also been happening to other people, which is what makes me think that I was had for this het pied.

So basically to sum it up, I am just warning people out there of this guy. He will do a couple of smooth deals and try and befriend you enough for you to trust him. I just don't want what has happened to me to happen to anyone else. I will inform everyone once I have received either the work that was supposed to be done for the animal or the animal itself back.

I also know that it was stupid of me not to save the txt messages as this is how we communicated or in person. If anyone else has had dealings or problems with him then please post on here and inform everyone. Thank you.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
TheGeckoDen
I have tried to log in to reply to this post but my old e-mail was hacked and awaiting on a new account with the BOI so I asked My friend Dan to pass on this info for me until I can get my Account back up and working if you need more info feel free to e-mail me at bhr2010@live.ca Thanks Paul Van

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:17:50 -0800
Subject: RE: A message about your ad on
To: bhr2010@live.ca

No she is not for sure yellow belly. If she was he wouldnt have gotten her for $60. What I told him was she came from a yellow belly clutch and tyler and I had differences on what she was because she differed from her yellow belly siblings but looked nothing like the normals. Since I needed room in my bins I let her go as a normal. She may be yellow bellow but only breeding her would prove it. If he sold her at a yellow belly price I wont be thrilled. P.s. I think she is Tyler does not. Tyler knows more than me but I did have him saying maybe. I was gonna keep her to prove it to him as a bet but you know when you need room for the upcomings, you cant keep everything. Hope that helps and I hope Joseph was fair or I'll be pissed.

jo--- On Fri, 1/14/11, Paul VanhOOSER <bhr2010@live.ca> wrote:

Subject: RE: A message about your ad on
To: jake_aries_65@yahoo.com
Received: Friday, January 14, 2011, 7:07 AM

hay Jake i picked up a female ball yesterday from joe he said its a yellow belly from you and your son just wondering if it is in fact a yellow belly I asked him to get you to e-mail me all her info here is a pic of her .I'M not 100% that she is in fact a true yellow belly the last pic is of my male yellow belly from Byron of two monsters inc... Thanks for your time Paul At bighill reptiles PS love that mojo she is in shed now but a beautiful ball

> Subject: Re: Paul
> From: ashton_1017@hotmail.com
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:41:29 -0500
> To: bhr2010@live.ca
>
> That post is so old for the stuff on kijiji most of it is all gone and I never have said you treated me like s*** you were fair with the rack and I will give you your money the only snake I have for sale are some pastels and no it's not dans a few norms and that is about it any others I have they are not for sale I will be in st t this weekend so I will txt you when I can drop your cash off
>
> On 2011-01-26, at 1:24 AM, Paul VanhOOSER <bhr2010@live.ca> wrote:
>
> > What the f*** Joe i see you posting s*** yet you don't get back t me i did you no wrong at all and yet you hide from me all i want is what is owing to me what snakes do you have for sale and don't b******t me as I have not b*******t you just treated you more than fare the tubs in that rack cost us over 140 plus tax and 90 in wood i get a 60 dollar ball .lets just get this done and move forward . thanks paul

Old 01-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
If I'm reading this correctly, the first post is by Daniel Glenn concerning a transaction involving him directly and the second post is by Paul Van concerning a transaction involving him.
Future postings from this account should ONLY be made by Daniel Glenn. If Paul responds further then he needs to wait on his own account to be approved.
Two people posting about separate transactions from the same account will only lead to confusion. Post from your own account or not at all.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
TheGeckoDen
Got ya!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Paul van
Ok I am Paul van Of Bighill reptiles I asked dan to do the post for me i wil reply now on my owen . thanks for posting it for me Dan

Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
greenknight exotics
So the first post is to bitch/whine about a guy not coming over to your house to tattoo you?.......
Thanks for the warning.
Dave

Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Paul van
This is what i sent him last night hope to get this cleared upasap
Well Joe I'm sorry things had to go this far, the boi was some peoples only hope .It's really to bad as you seemed like a good guy at first. Instead of just not getting back to people, why not just be honest that you got in over your head, or what ever the case may be? I don't know, but ripping people off is not the way to go. You were in town this eve and spoke to me at six o;clock tonight, and said that you were coming over after you finished your dinner with a friend. I also told you I had company over and we wanted to go out, but here i sat AGAIN waiting on you. After weeks of you saying you were coming this day and not showing up I had enough . Just think all over $140, was it worth it I don;t think so .As I have told you when we first met the reptile world is small and everyone talks, and things get around like you not paying for the 22 feet of heat tape from Walkers Rodents. The bull with Dan and with Tyler and Jake . I always try to get the info from the breeder of my snakes so that I know there back ground and what all was used in the breeding, so I know what to pair them up with down the road .Get back to me ASAP so we can get this worked out , not in two weeks two days, "TOMORROW" .Paul aka Bighill Reptiles .

> Subject: Re: Paul
> From: ashton_1017@hotmail.com
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:41:29 -0500
> To: bhr2010@live.ca
>
> That post is so old for the stuff on kijiji most of it is all gone and I never have said you treated me like shit you were fair with the rack and I will give you your money the only snake I have for sale are some pastels and no it's not dans a few norms and that is about it any others I have they are not for sale I will be in st t this weekend so I will text you when I can drop your cash off
>
> On 2011-01-26, at 1:24 AM, Paul Van hOOSER <bhr2010@live.ca> wrote:
>
> > What the f### Joe i see you posting sh yet you don't get back t me i did you no wrong at all and yet you hide from me all i want is what is owing to me what snakes do you have for sale and don't bull shit me as I have not bull shitted you just treated you more than fare the tubs in that rack cost us over 140 plus tax and 90 in wood i get a 60 dollar ball .lets just get this done and move forward . thanks paul

Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Paul van
Quote:
Originally Posted by green knight exotics View Post
So the first post is to bitch/whine about a guy not coming over to your house to tattoo you?.......
Thanks for the warning.
Dave
No its about receiving a ball and not paying for it weather it be cash or in some other form of payment

Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Nick Findlay
Name the liar.........

I would like to say he's a liar too! Joe Ashton contacted me regarding a 5 bin melamine rack I had for sale. He needed one badly because he wanted to breed ball pythons but did not have proper caging for his animals he told me. That's a no no. . Well I told him I couldn't sell it until I got my new pvcx racks in which would be in the next few weeks from the time he emailled me. (PS- if anyone knows South Western Ontario got there ass handed to them with the snow fall like 15cm +). I told him I'd let him know when I got them. Well he kept on bugging me with emails asking are you ready to sell it but I told him I'd email him if I'm ready. On one Friday in December I called him and told him it wouldn't be weekend then he told me well if it's not this weekend than I will find another rack, then I said go ahead. Then he emailled me back the following weekend asking if I had the rack still which I did and he said he wanted it but I didn't get my new pvcx racks. So here he is bugging me with emails telling me he wants the rack even though I still don't have my new pvcx racks. It got to a point where I didn't even want to talk to him anymore.

He did end up getting a rack but from Paul but Paul (Billhillreptiles) got screwed from this a$$ along with Dan (GeckoDen) and one other person but I'm not going to name them due to not having there consent.

Do not deal with this guy he is like having a devil around.

Good luck Joe Ashton you rep may have been blown due to this watch out.

What you did to everyone was a BIG that's a shame though because I don't know why you'd do that to others and put this on yourself.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
TheGeckoDen
Thanks Nick!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!