Bad Guy Ameridio, Reptiles Canada member - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
borisbodnar
Stop! Ameridio, Reptiles Canada member

Warning! Con artist. Ameridio puts snakes up for sale on Reptiles Canada, Ball Pythons and in my case, E.T. Boa's and does not send the animals, and disappears. He fooled me by 1) defending himself in a thread raising suspicions about him, ( I thought, here this guy is defending himself, and not hiding), 2) No one came forward claiming the photos or animals weren't his, so maybe he actually does own the snakes he advertises, or has a friend who does. 3) He answered my questions, seemed knowledgeable and we messaged a fair amount for this transaction. Fished me in real good. Went to the cops, but got the impression they weren't too interested. I'm not the only one taken in by this guy. He told me his name was Robert Scott, but who knows what it really is.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Fangthane
More supporting details, such as a clear timeline, screenshots of the ad, emails, texts, etc, would help. When and how did you pay? Has there been any communiction since you paid?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
borisbodnar
I paid by e-transfer Oct 18, 2012. That was the last I and at least one other victim heard from him. I'll look for a sceenshot of the ad and see if I can transfer, (still learning this stuff) but its probably been removed. I'm a little but weary of posting emails, texts at the moment. Thanks though.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
thawes
I didn't get taken advantage of, but him living in Timmins and offering to ship via RE raised a definite red flag.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbodnar View Post
I'm a little but weary of posting emails, texts at the moment. Thanks though.
If you have nothing to hide, I don't understand not wanting to post all the information you have. Either way, if you're not too interested in giving us something to work with, you may find that we're not going to be too interested in trying to help you. Best of luck.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Lucille
I notified Ameridio, perhaps he will post here and give his view of these accusations.
If one has emails and chooses not to post them, readers might choose not to believe one side or the other until something more concrete is posted.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
borisbodnar
Apex, I don't expect much in the way of help, I was just alerting people. I can't find the original ad on Reptiles Canada that I was involved in, although oddly enough, his Ball Python ads were still there. I know one of the B.P. winners lost out like me, but that's up to them to post. What would posting my e mails do? They would only show us discussing the ETB's that I "won" in auction, and how and where to transfer money. Nothing incriminating in that. Once he got the money he disappeared. I can't show him vanishing. He stopped communicating with me Oct. 18. as with other people.
Lucille, thanks for trying to notify Ameridio, I hope he responds. I gave the police all the info I had on him and they never got back to me. Maybe this will help find him. I understand people may not want to believe me, that's fine, but I feel I had to warn people, even though if he now reappears it will probably be under another name.
The only thing I can add is that the reason he was selling off his animals was because he was moving, and if there was any truth in anything he said, that was probably it.
Thanks Apex, Lucille and thawes for your time.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
SquamataMississauga
He got me too.
Was waiting on a customer to see if he could get the details from one of the managers at my bank to see if any of the information he provided was legitimate, haven't got that info yet.

No replies since this point.

Read bottom up:

E-mail Logs:

yeah thats where it seems to get stuck

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:20:54 -0400
To: ameridio1@live.com
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com

Ok ya, sounds like it's on their end.
I checked it from my end and it said that you had entered the password correctly but the funds hadn't transfered yet.

Ok address.

<Home Address Removed>

On 18/10/2012 6:20 PM, Robert scott wrote:

Scotia OnLine has encountered some technical difficulties. (Error #SE00-3071-2)

i think it's just the site, i will wait a bit and try later
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:17:07 -0400

Odd, what is the error that it's saying?

On 18/10/2012 5:59 PM, Robert scott wrote:

it wont let me accept your transfer?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:16:59 -0400

Transfer Sent.

Thanks
Sam.

On 18/10/2012 4:06 PM, Robert scott wrote:

that is correct.

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:02:23 -0400

Okay, so 141 total?
Do you want the email money transfer sent to this address?

On 18/10/2012 2:36 PM, Robert scott wrote:

shipping is 53$ i have booked for them to pick up monday, sense it is past the time point for today.

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:12:38 -0400

Hey Robert,
I won the auction for the BRB male.

Do you want to get shipping to:
63 Queen street south
Unit 6
Streetsville, Ontario.
L5M 3S9

Would rather pay for the total then 2 transfers.

Thanks
Sam.

On 16/10/2012 2:03 PM, Robert scott wrote:

no i won't be going down to toronto sorry, and shipping usually isn't that much, around 40$ depends on location

> To: ameridio1@live.com
> Subject: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
> From: sam@squamata.ca
> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:28:56 -0500
>
> Brazillian rainbow boa
>
> Hey there,
> I'm really interested in your BRB male.
> I'm wondering if you're coming down to Toronto for any of the upcoming expo's?
> (trying to avoid additional shipping costs lol).
> If not no problem, I'm going to bid anyway, just want to see if there was another option.
>
> Thanks
> Sam.
>
> http://www.reptilescanada.com/classi...?product=66405

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
SquamataMississauga
Since I know this will get instantly jumped on.
My name is Stuart Andrew MacLean.
Been using my initials since I was born, hence the e-mail/name in e-mails.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
borisbodnar
Thanks Squamata, (I'm also sorry), and Apex, that's pretty much how mine went down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!