Bad Guy Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #91
TBadSeed
Since when is 52" high 7' high. The measurements were 96" x 52" x 29". You put into the contract that a liftgate will be needed, stairs and the driveway were obstacles, it wasn't a surprise. Construction was always over at 4pm and everything out of the way by 5pm, all of the delievery appointments were from 4pm to 8pm = no construction and you even said your guy could have attempted delievefy but didn't and you don't k OE why. I have every single text and email, I'm fine posting them all, including the notice from Square that you saved my credit card / linked to your account AFTER you were paid off. I'll put it all up, it's a novel, this thread will go from 9 pages to well over 100. How also is my expecting a Tegu before the parents even came out of Brumation and ordering a big enclosure in March, updating it and it finally being sent out in June when my Tegu isn't expected until Sugust 15th being irrisponsible and getting a new reptile without having a place for it to go? There is absoultly no reason I should have expected this BS to happen.

Until I am paid back in full do you really expect me to be ok with not having my money? Remember every day the delivery was expected was a day I took off work, I lost over $1,000 in pay and the $455.00 you haven't refunded. Send it to me PayPal and this all comes to an end, I'll post that you made good on refunding me but every second that go's by and I haven't received my enclosure or my refund I will not be OK with it, I will be getting less and less patient, actually before anything was refunded I told you my patience have come to an end. This started in March !!! It is now the middle of August! How calm and patient am I expected to be? Anyone? Who else thinks that I should be cool with this? .... crickets

Old 08-16-2017, 11:41 PM   #92
tlmoon
There is definitely a very consistent pattern here. Enclosures supposedly made and never received...then hassles with getting refunds. James, you say everyone has been refunded but I see recent posters saying they haven't...? The lack of documentation proving shipping is concerning. For me, that's what pushes an overwhelmed seller at the mercy of shipping freight into much sketchier territory, and starts to sound dishonest.

Regardless, it's probably a good decision to only sell for local pickup - whatever the reason, your distant customers are not getting their enclosures.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #93
Rhode Island Reptiles
A person can order a cage in august, Have a 6 week delivery window, If after a few days the order is modified I have to work that into my production schedule, Than more changes a week after and again days after that, a 6 week timeframe turns into 12 weeks very quickly... How can anyone successfully plan a build with constant changes?

your first payment came in march and after it was declined, I issued the invoice again so you could it again, it finally went through march 20th, so 2-3 business days after that it would hit my account, which id didn't because your account was flagged due to too many attempts.. Either way, No big deal, The show much go on, your last payment didn't come in until Tuesday May 23rd...Scheduling freight is difficult, Scheduling Freight last minute is a nightmare and expensive!
I will not issue a second refund via paypal, that leaves me completely vulnerable to the refund that is already in progress. I also don't save Credit card information, That is a square thing and I will not ever have access to customer Credit card numbers, That is all third party. nor would I want to.
As I messaged you today, The last and final payment is in process so when it does finally hit your account we can put this behind us and move on, It's unfortunate that its been a pain to this point, If I had my way it would have been done the first time. it's 1am My time, I apologize but I have to log off. If you have any further concerns, My number is always available. Have a wonderful evening, Talk to you soon.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #94
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
A person can order a cage in august, Have a 6 week delivery window, If after a few days the order is modified I have to work that into my production schedule, Than more changes a week after and again days after that, a 6 week timeframe turns into 12 weeks very quickly... How can anyone successfully plan a build with constant changes?

your first payment came in march and after it was declined, I issued the invoice again so you could it again, it finally went through march 20th, so 2-3 business days after that it would hit my account, which id didn't because your account was flagged due to too many attempts.. Either way, No big deal, The show much go on, your last payment didn't come in until Tuesday May 23rd...Scheduling freight is difficult, Scheduling Freight last minute is a nightmare and expensive!
I will not issue a second refund via paypal, that leaves me completely vulnerable to the refund that is already in progress. I also don't save Credit card information, That is a square thing and I will not ever have access to customer Credit card numbers, That is all third party. nor would I want to.
As I messaged you today, The last and final payment is in process so when it does finally hit your account we can put this behind us and move on, It's unfortunate that its been a pain to this point, If I had my way it would have been done the first time. it's 1am My time, I apologize but I have to log off. If you have any further concerns, My number is always available. Have a wonderful evening, Talk to you soon.
Warning: You have been warned about correcting your profile name field. You will remain in a limbo state until you contact me via private message with your real FULL name so I can correct that rule violation.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 AM   #95
TBadSeed
Yea, a window of 6 weeks in attempted deliverys that never were attempted. Pretty much expect when a delivery appointment is made that it is kept. There is no excuse for making appointment after appointment for delivery and it's never attempted, doesn't even come to my neiborhood let alone my house. I was here for each one of them, I was the only one that was here , no delivery truck of any kind. Make this go away, only one way to do that, issue my refund.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:33 AM   #96
TBadSeed
Just so we are clear . I made 4 charges total, the bank has refunded me for 3 of these charges, James and Square have not given me a penny back. No electronic information has ever been sent from Square reg. a refund EVER. All these refunds issued that James is saying he made have NEVER shown up in my account. Again, the refunds I have received have been accepted and paid back to me by BofA not Square, not James. BofA will go after Square who will go after James. The first payment has not yet been accepted by my bank because it is outside the 90 day timeframe. The first so called "refund" James said he issued was July 7 and it has NEVER been received by my bank, Square hasn't sent it out. July 7, 2017 then alledgidly again August 7, 2017 and nothing it is now August 17, 2017.. so just how long am I supposed to be relaxed and patient about being ripped off?
So James, stop taking credit for returning my money, you haven't yet.... Yet.
No financial institution or legitimate payment/money processing center/business takes 41+ days to return the money that was really "refunded" none.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #97
Tkaupp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBadSeed View Post
No electronic information has ever been sent from Square reg. a refund EVER. All these refunds issued that James is saying he made have NEVER shown up in my account. Again, the refunds I have received have been accepted and paid back to me by BofA not Square, not James.
If you haven't gotten anything from Square regarding the refunds, you're getting played by James. As you can see from my screen shots, I eventually managed to at least get some kind of notice from Square, that being said, I still haven't wrangled a refund either.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #98
caietaro
I'm happy to share the email exchanges I had back and forth with James regarding my refund. It's several pages long, so I've tried attaching as a PDF...let's see if it works. Full disclosure, this was back in early 2016, but this just adds to the evidence here that leads me to question whether James' business is even real. You can also see in these emails where I requested pictures of the cage from James - I was willing to potentially work with him if I had proof that the cage was built, but I couldn't even get a simple picture. After the last email to him on Mar 15 2016 I disputed the charges via PayPal.

I'd advise people to even steer clear of local delivery as a "solution." That's what James was supposed to do for me and it never happened. I have dozens of pages of emails going back and forth about delivery; supposedly the cage was ready for delivery on Dec 7th. After taking several days off of work to be home for deliveries that never happened, I finally gave up.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Gmail - Refund Status2.pdf (149.6 KB, 56 views)

Old 08-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #99
senusenu
Shady shady. That's too bad he keeps reeling in innocent people. I wonder how many know nothing about Fauna so we don't know if they've had the same problems? I think there's more than enough evidence here to avoid him.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #100
Lucille
Most state consumer fraud divisions have online complaint forms available, and Rhode Island does.
If a business gets one or two complaints there may be a quick check. But when a number of consumers complain about a business, the division may do a far more in depth inspection.
A complaint does not guarantee your issue solved, but it is free and it is one more weapon in the arsenal against sellers who don't deliver what they promise.

Of course the best weapon is Fauna because then readers who are prospective purchasers have the option of never having to deal with this hassle and possible fraud in the first place, but if you have been waiting on a refund forever, please consider the complaint process:

http://www.riag.ri.gov/ConsumerProtection/About.php

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!