Beardie from Les and Sheila Scrivens (Bad Guys) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
wickedawesome
Angry Beardie from Les and Sheila Scrivens (Bad Guys)

The issuse I am writing about is about a fraud that has occured to me within the classified section of the Reptiles Canada website. On the 11th of May, I had made arrangements to purchas a Bearded Dragon from user name "Les." We had agreed that $180 was a fair price for the dragon, which included shipping to Regina. We also agreed that I would send her the money the next day (Thursday), and that she would hold the dragon for me until the end of the weekend and ship on Monday May 15th.

After I had sent the money through Western Union, I immediately sent an e-mail looking for confirmation of the funds being recieved. No reply. And so for the next week and a half, I've been sending countless e-mails to this user, plus e-mails to her reptilescanada account, and then when I noticed I was getting no reply, I began to phone, but phoning only directed me to her answering phone on her cell phone. So now I'm sitting here almost two weeks later $180 poorer, and yet having nothing but a slap in the face to show for it. Ironically, the reason for sending the money through Western Union, was so that we would have a paper trail as to where the money ended up. And according to Western Union, the money was picked up right after I sent it that morning.

What makes me even madder, is the fact that after i sent the money to this person, they placed another add in the classifieds trying to sell rex bunnies, and just a couple days ago, they placed an add looking for a specific type of monitor. So the slap in the face, has now turned into them rubbing it in my face. So all that I am left with is less money in the pocket, and no bearded dragon that was planned to breed with my male next summer. A little less money and a crushed dream.

Needless to say, I'm making a trip to the RCMP to file a Fraud charge against them next Monday. So hopefully this will never happen again to myself or anyone else within this community.

Thanks for taking time to learn my story,

Travis

Old 05-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
wickedawesome
I can also provide all correspondence should anyone want to see it....

Old 05-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Bighill Reptiles
look under cornking and lizlady, kane as well that is a few of there names on sSNAKESs.com and other sites to many names to keep track of .To bad that people have to be like that makes it hard on the ones that keep there word and ships all the time hope that they straighten things out with you.
Paul Van Hooser

Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
wickedawesome
ya, it sucks because I'm going to have to go to the RCMP and file a fraud claim and hopefully they can get something back for me. This wasn't the first time I used the website, so I just put my full trust into these people.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
nimbus42007
Not the first time these people have pulled this kind of stuff. They traded me a golden tegu which seemed to be healthy as it ate like a pig. I than found out the reason for this was because it had what my vet called "The worst infestation Iv'e seen in 15 years" which consisted of a ball of about 50-60 hook worms all above 3 inches. When I contacted them they told me anything that was wrong with it had to have happened in my care, even though I got it the day before!!! Now in your opinions, do you think a worm could even grow that fast let alone a whole infestation? Long story short I had to have it euthanised as worm treatment was even out of the question at that point, and than not only did they refuse to pay vet bills or give me my snake back, they laughed at me and told they diddn't care that they sold a kid (I was 16 at the time) a sick animal and than told me if I tried to contact them again they would take me too court for harrassment. Bottom line people like this apparently never change and people should NOT suport them or there "buisness" if you can even call it that.

Kyle Garcia

Old 04-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
lonewulf
I agree bad people .. my dealings with them thankfully did not go through as they stood me up on a meeting they made with me.
They change emails more than most change their underwear.
Not to mention the "rescue" they have opened ( From Scales to Tailes ) .. hopefully no one gives them anything ...

Gord Perry

Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
WALTER
You should let the team at Reptiles Canada know about what happened and they can do their best to get rid of them off the site.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
rockyballboa
I well let the team know guys.
Todd Peddle

Old 04-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Satin
It's so sad to see that there are these people within this hobby. I guess that anywhere that there is money involved, there will be people trying to make you part with it. Where are these people running out of? I'm no good with names most of the time, but if I can keep a general area in mind, I'd sure appreciate knowing.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
lonewulf
They are out of Ontario .. Pickering to be exact ...
Some on the handles they use
Shiela & Kane on Reptiles Canada
On Kijiji they are using From Scales to Tails that is the ads they are running for their "Rescue"

-Gord

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!