Beardie from Les and Sheila Scrivens (Bad Guys) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #91
kane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara Herptoculture View Post
*FYI - it would not cost anywhere near $400, its around $100 at most to ship a small reptile box from Ontario to Califonia and you do NOT need any permits or anything for colubrids.
FYI i getting tired of your bs. if you know so much then maybe you should go talk to reptiles express(which they rock by the way and im not not saying anything bad about either so dont try it) and every other person that ships to the usa. You have to get premits to ship from canada to the usa. I dont care what shit your trying to start but even if we go with your bs then it would have cost the person more then what they paid so why dont you stop trying to sound smart cause you dont. I have never shipped to the usa as i never would. Sorry to say but you really have no life when you have to try and make everything about us....god help u man grow up. I dont care what you have to say cause you are wrong and we didnt sell you anything sick. Again i am not sure if you remember what i said last night but i will not have a pissing contest with someone so childish and someone that will do anything to prove your right when your wrong.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #92
Niagara Herptoculture
Prove me wrong with what...about what? You don't have a leg to stand on, obviuosly.
Nothing childish about anything being discussed here. I have a very good life, a great business, an amazing collection and an awesome second job and yes I will always make time to keep my eye on what you guys are up to.

So you know...

*You do NOT need permits to ship to the U.S. for :colubrids, amphibians, or lizards (**other then monitors or Hilas or anything on the CITES appendix list) you just have to pay the shipping a duty.

*You DO need permits for constrictors, monitors, turtles, venomous, crocadilians and anything on the CITES appendix list.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #93
KORBIN5895
Yeah. No permit needed for corns. I actually just brought some over. You just have to pay the tax.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #94
kane
Will again please read the post cause i never said walking them across or driving them across iam talking about shipping from toronto to the usa which is not no 100 or just pay the taxes the legal way cost money. I dont ship to the states for that reason and that reason alone. It was not us we do not keep corns or breed corns.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #95
Niagara Herptoculture
You have to declare them "to" pay the tax at the border.....so that pretty much makes it legal I would say.

You can get them shipped to the border and pick them up. Completely 100% legal and done regularly.

And yes it is around $100 to California wich is pretty far, maybe a few bucks more now.

Walking them across? lol

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #96
NicMartin
In order to ship animals to the US or from the US there needs to be a USFWS import/export permit and a non designated port permit (if a designated port is not used). An inspection is mandatory by USFWS. I believe the cost for this is $125/inspection. That does not account for shipping, taxes or any other fees.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #97
Niagara Herptoculture
Not coming into Canada

Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #98
NicMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara Herptoculture View Post
You have to declare them "to" pay the tax at the border.....so that pretty much makes it legal I would say.

You can get them shipped to the border and pick them up. Completely 100% legal and done regularly.

And yes it is around $100 to California wich is pretty far, maybe a few bucks more now.

Walking them across? lol
Trevor,
That is not the case as even bringing them into Canada, there still needs to be an inspection. You can check with Canada customs at the Queenston/Lewiston bridge. There have been numerous Canadian herpers that have been sent back or charged with not having the inspection done.

This is from Reptiles Canada

Roy Stockwell
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
It's not just for commercial... Its a huge pain... You need to have your animals inspected on the US side by USF&W, otherwise you're breaking US law leaving the states without said inspection... The inspection process needs to be booked in advance because there are no designated ports at the border.. a USF&W agent/inspector will need to be dispatched to the port of your exit from the USA.

This now usually costs over $100... It used to be only 55US but its gone up.. .
Once the US inspection has been done, they will fill out a form called 3-177.. this is the declaration of import/export of wild fauna and flora...
You will need to pass this to Canada customs, and they will then charge you GST on the declared value.

The Canadian side never used to tell Canadians they had broken US law by leaving that country without the inspection. It wasn't their jurisdiction and they didn't care... These days, since 911, things have tightened up alot and the US and Canadian border control communicate with each other. People showing up on Canadian soil with no US paperwork for wildlife, are being charged and losing their animals, or worse, being sent back to the USA

Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #99
Niagara Herptoculture
Wow, that is awesome to know thanks Nic.I did call Canada Customs and followed their instructions and they never said anything to that fact, crazy.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #100
KORBIN5895
That's odd Nic. Less than two months ago I brought over 7 baby corns and the only questions the Canadians were worried about were if they were a Cites animal and if they had been born in the states or were in the states longer than three months.

Me and the border guards had a nice conversation about snakes. I also just imported some boas and I never was told that they needed an inspection stateside. I spoke with usfw several times while acquiring my permit and the only inspection they said I may need would be on the Canadian side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!