Inquiry Taron Langhover? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
rosebud945
Taron Langhover?

Taron is selling a particular locale of collareds that I am interested in, I THINK. These are collareds that are not offered very often. I don't know for sure that these are the actual ones that he is selling, because the pic he sent is one that I have seen somewhere before, perhaps from an old ad of his or another ad from ks. Anyway, I did a search in this forum and found a pretty damning thread or two, but they are a few years old. Does anyone have recent info on him? I know he was a kid back then. Has he grown up any?

Thanks,
Donna Chatham

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
rosebud945
Any recent news on this guy?

Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
ForkedTung
I was interested in his Red Milksnakes on ks.com until I saw his "stunning" reviews here...Boy, he's got alot of varied and different animals there, 21 last count...I wonder if he's still up to the same old tricks?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...earchid=478045

Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
HopingForBabies
I made a purchase from him a couple weeks ago and had no problems.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
LBenton
There is a lot of talk about the guy selling WC animals from Kansas which from what I understand is illegal. So I can think of many reasons not to buy anything from him but one big one is that you may end up in a legal rough spot yourself. After all if you buy an animal with illegal origins it will at the very least be subject to seizure by authorities in there investigations (no refund on that either) and at worst you might end up with a rap sheet including lacey act violations if you had the animal shipped across state lines.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
rosebud945
Yeah, I think you are right. The lizards that I am interested in are wild caught without a doubt, and probably illegally since he doesn't list a permit number in the ads. I had already decided to pass based on the fact that almost all of the lizards in his ads look horrible. One looks like it has a severe mite infestation based on the lesions.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBenton View Post
There is a lot of talk about the guy selling WC animals from Kansas which from what I understand is illegal. So I can think of many reasons not to buy anything from him but one big one is that you may end up in a legal rough spot yourself. After all if you buy an animal with illegal origins it will at the very least be subject to seizure by authorities in there investigations (no refund on that either) and at worst you might end up with a rap sheet including lacey act violations if you had the animal shipped across state lines.
Thanks, With all the prior info. etc...That's enough for me to avoid any business with him.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
scaledverts
Agreed, he has 50+ central plains and red milks up for sale. He must be decimating local populations to get this many wild caught snakes to sell.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
I see

none of his lizards ads are on Kingsnake any longer...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
none of his lizards ads are on Kingsnake any longer...
Yep, I looked yesterday. He must've had 20 plus ads up too...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!