Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #31
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I got it! LOL! My very first stupid, impulse animal purchase since the move! I put it in the incubator with my Turkey and Chicken eggs just to take a pic of the size of it! It's HUGE! LOL! Don't worry though I'm not cooking in that incubator~ it's supposed to cook 2 degree's less than the chicken and turkey eggs and for another month. I know 2F isn't much......but I really want to hatch it! I hope I can! I'll let you know in 50-55 days!

BTW~ those other eggs~ did you know you can see baby chickens/turkeys moving in the eggs within like 5 days when you candle them? It's so cool! I'm having so much fun! But I doubt with that dark a shell on the Emu egg that I'll be able to see into it with my little flashlight~ maybe the maglight? We'll try next week.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #32
texasnewbie
How exciting. Hope it hatches for you.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #33
LadyOhh
Rock on, Bird Lady!!!

Have fun with it!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #34
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The emu egg still has a month and half of incubation to go.......

But the Turkey eggs are rocking! You can see the eggs rock as the babies try to work a way out! Both the chicken and the Turkey eggs are due on the 31st~ I can't see anything happening with the chicken eggs~ but one of the Turkey eggs has a crack in it and two others are rocking!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #35
ravensgait
A good Maglight should do the trick, good luck with them...Randy

Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #36
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I KNOW it's a reptile site........BUT THIS IS SO EXCITING FOR ME!!!!

Turkey hatching

Blue slate turkey poult

10 Chickens and 3 Turkeys (1 turkey and 5 more chicken eggs I'm hoping will hatch in incubator)

Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #37
Mooing Tricycle
they are SO cute!!!! Congrats!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #38
Cat_72
I missed this yesterday......

AWWWWWW!!!! They look great Cheryl, congrats!! Did they all end up hatching for you?

Perhaps a bit after the fact, but be sure to keep a close eye on the poults to make sure they start eating and drinking....you shouldn't have a problem if they are kept with the chicks and they see them doing it, but often baby turkeys really ain't very bright, and you have to dip their little beak in the water and/or feed a couple of times for them to get the idea.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #39
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks Cat~
12 of the chickens hatched and look good~
4 of the turkeys hatched~ but one has spraddled legs and one has a curled foot. I'm still on the fence if I should cull the curl foot or wait and see......but I'm going to cull the spraddle leg. He (she?)s had enough time to see if he could get up or not~ but he still litterally crawls through the brooder to the food and water using his little wings to push him cuz his legs won't stay under him.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #40
ravensgait
Congrats Cheryl, cute little critters.
To bad about the two, one thing that may help in the future is to put the spraddle legged ones on a rougher surface, seems to help them some, though really bad ones can't be helped.

Cat, funny how Domestic turkeys are just so dumb compared to their wild ancestors. I used to put marbles in their water to get them drinking. OH lookie pretty colors!! and wow touch the pretty colors and your not thirsty anymore lol..

Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!