The Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin is a Moron! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #21
brucestephenson
NextWorld3 and Everyone, Here is the story on Steve Irwin:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...02071909990001

Old 01-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #22
Mustangrde1
The actions in regards to what just occurred was careless endangerment of thier own child. If any qualified handler wants to go in to his animals padock that is his risk and responcibility.

The problem now comes in that he took an infant in with him causing some distraction to what he was doing. When dealing with dangerous animals your complete consentration is needed. Steve himself has had many close calls by himself and has been bitten on more than one occasion.

Had that croc made a unexpected lunge and Steve tripped and fell and dropped the infant then that croc would most likely had a free neo snack.

Yes many private parties keep large animals or dangerous ones! But how many would be so foolish to place thier own child at risk when it is unwarranted? I have always had a major problem with his free handling of venomous reptiles and now he places his own son's life in potential danger. He is a representitive to the world of the reptile community. His actions on Tv and Film many people could preceive to be how we all conduct ourselves. This is a danger to our rights to keep our animals.

Understandably someone will try and bring up Corwin, O'Shea , Marvin, and say look what they do! Ok I will look they use the proper tools for working with dangerous animals. Nor do they place other people in danger on camera in the publics eye. Steve would be a far better ambassador to the reptile community if he would simply start showing the proper respect for correct handling practices and safety equiptment.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #23
brucestephenson
Scott, You beat me to my point. Steve Irwin and these other show-offs make us all look like a bunch of idiots. Just you wait! You'll see! City, county, and federal politicians and their toadies are going to use Steve the Narc as a justification for going after us.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #24
Missymonkey
Where were his brains!!!????

Quote:
By the way, she loved the "nakey", and now that she's almost 2, she goes from enclosure to enclosure saying goodnight every single evening that she's here.
That's so sweet! That is the kind of healthy exposure a young child needs. Not to be bounced around in a croc. cage.

Quote:
Missy, Steve killing himself was an allusion as to his career.
thanks, somethings elude me...

I have to agree with Mustangrde1 about this whole thing too. It's a personal risk we all take, but we shouldn't be needlessly risking children at the same time.

I worry that someone out there saw what Steve did and then they will go off and try to copy it with their croc and their child. I', pretty sure that if any child was ever needlessly harmed because of exposure to known dangerous reptiles they would be prosecuted for negligence...

This link has the video too if you've not yet seen it.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3859536/

I thought Steve looked a little vain, flaunting his talents with crocs through his child. Stupid stupid stupid... he should have seen this backlash coming.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #25
Missymonkey
Do I see TV movie coming on?

Irwin’s American wife, Terri, had handed the baby over to Irwin in the enclosure and giggled at the spectacle.

“It was a wonderful sensory experience for him (the baby). He dug it,” she said.

In response to media criticism, Terri likened her children’s experience with crocodiles to teaching youngsters to swim.

that's from http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3859536/

Youch! Seems like a dum and dummer thing to me. I do understand teaching children to be "savvy" (sounds like a pirate to me) around reptiles, but he's 1 month old!!! He won't remember this.

I've done educational shows for children before which were much safer and had just as much impact, without the hoop-la.

Old 01-03-2004, 02:39 PM   #26
salito718
seen the tape vid............

can anyone say "overeaction"

Old 01-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #27
The BoidSmith
It still in headline news every hour. In my opinion it's not "overeaction" by the public. Scott and Bruce summarized very well why reckless behaviors such as that one damage the image of herp keepers all around the world. From the video it is clear Mr. Irwin is being very careful while he dangles the food in front of the crocodile's mouth. I'm pretty sure you all have seen the speed with which these animals can charge. In MHO it was very irresponsible from him.

Regards.

Old 01-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #28
brucestephenson
I just got home from buying feed for my tortoises. Do you know what the subject of the right-wing radio talk show host on my car stereo was? You guessed it! It was Steve the Narc and the reptile idiots who are now being compared like freaks to Michael Jackson! Now I'm really starting to get pissed off! We are all going to pay dearly for this one!

Old 01-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #29
Mustangrde1
I am just curious to what the responce from the permitting department in Australia is to this. Oh wait a minute how forgetful of me they vie for Steve and his potential monetary income to them.

I know in FL there would be a few officer more then happy to cite him. I suppose being one of Australias favorite sons does have its priveldge but at what expense.

All the good he has brought to herp awareness would have been gone in a blink of an eye had an accident occured. All anyone would rember him for is killing his child for showing off. We all know that it would have caused a knee jerk reaction everyplace with officials looking to institute tougher new laws.

By the way I cant remember anything from when I was one month old . I think my earliest memory was around 4 that i can still recall. So Steve and Terri's thoughts are so far off to cover thier buts and look good it is not funny

Old 01-03-2004, 05:00 PM   #30
Copperheadman
(A)greed...

According to one news report I read this morning there will be no charges files against good ol' Steve-O.So that would amount to about less than 24 hours of investigation.

This afternoon,my wife and I took the kids to the state park for a little fun and a picnic.The temps were in the 70's,and sunny,so I decided to have a look around the river bank and some rock piles to see what I could see.Along the way I met some tourists,who took notice of my snake hook and t-shirt with an atrox on it.The subject came to yesterday's incident,amd one of the guys said that "It don't sound like no big deal,Irwin knows what he's doing".

Now I can't contest logic like that..or can I???Yes Steve Irwin has done alot for reptile conservation,and carries alot of knowledge of herps.Hell.he has a specie of turtle named after him!! Yes he can be called a professional,but so can:

Dale Earnhardt
Roy Horn
Joseph Slowinski
100 firefighters annually(on average)

All professional,all know their stuff,all making one little mistake that cost them their lives,or nearly cost them.Luckily Irwin didn't make his mistake.This time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!