Maryland school suspends six-year-old boy - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #51
Metachrosis
Nope! couldnt let it rest
You clueless opinionated 's think you have the world by the sack
Hang this in your "l a m e "
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...oull-ever-see/

Plenty more factual data to be viewed, "in a very clear timeline" if you remove yourselves from your demi'god (gotthewholeFnworldfiguredoutandundermy thumb)thrones and . . . . . . . .

In case you missed the first link in between eating your crayons
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...oull-ever-see/

Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #52
Dennis Hultman
Suspended From School For Merely TALKING About Guns
http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/co...6543&is_corp=0

Quote:
OWINGS, MD -- The father of a middle schooler in Calvert County, Md. says his 11-year-old son was suspended for 10 days for merely talking about guns on the bus ride home.

Bruce Henkelman of Huntingtown says his son, a sixth grader at Northern Middle School in Owings, was talking with friends about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre when the bus driver hauled him back to school to be questioned by the principal, Darrel Prioleau.

"The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

So what did the boy say? According to his father, he neither threatened nor bullied anyone.

"He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said," Henkelman said. "He wanted to be the hero."

The boy was questioned by the principal and a sheriff's deputy, who also wanted to search the family home without a warrant, Henkelman said. "He started asking me questions about if I have firearms, and [the deputy said] he's going to have to search my house. Search my house? I just wanted to know what happened."

No search was performed, and the deputy left Henkelman's home after the father answered questions in a four-page questionnaire issued by the Sheriff's Office.

Principal Darrel Prioleau did not respond to calls and emails seeking comment. Robin Welsh, the deputy superintendent of Calvert County Schools, said federal privacy rules prohibited her from commenting on a specific case, but she said students are not suspended without cause.

"There has to be some violation within the code of conduct that would trigger some type of consequence or intervention," said Welsh, who said the county school system does not have a zero tolerance policy.

Based on information about Henkelman's case provided by WMAL.com, the ACLU of Maryland said the suspension, later reduced to one day, was a poor choice by school administrators.

"It's appropriate for school officials to investigate when there is a concern about student safety. But based on what's been described to us, once the school official concluded that all the young man wanted to do was to be safe at school and that he posed no risk to anyone, the suspension was really inappropriate," said Sonya Kumar, an ACLU staff attorney.

"The school should have been assuring him that they were going to take steps to keep all students safe, not punishing him," she added.

Henkelman said the incident happened last December right before students were sent home for winter break, but he did not feel compelled to take his story to the public until he learned that a 5-year-old Calvert County boy was suspended for bringing a toy cap gun on a school bus.

"[My son] was very scared at the fact that he was interviewed by the principal and a sheriff's deputy alone. He didn't know where I was," Henkelman said.

The ACLU's Kumar said there are too many cases of school officials coming down hard on students for relatively harmless offenses.

"Across the board, we are concerned about practices where we have these sort of knee-jerk reactions without really stopping to think and use our common sense about whether what a kid is doing or saying actually presents any sort of concern for the safety and well-being of others," Kumar said.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #53
Metachrosis
Sickining liberal crap

Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #54
Dennis Hultman
Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program

Quote:
Strobridge Elementary Principal Charles Hill has a brilliant idea: he’s holding a toy gun exchange next Saturday in which students of the Hayward, CA school can turn in a toy gun to receive a book and a raffle ticket to win one of four bicycles.

Really.

Hill believes that children who play with toy guns may not think real guns are dangerous. “Playing with toy guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” he claims.

Hill was inspired by a school photographer, Horace Gibson, who was upset about the number of police shootings of young people in Oakland.

At Strobridge Elementary Safety Day, a local policeman will demonstrate bicycle and gun safety, (does he get to use a real gun?), while the Alameda County Fire Department will speak about fire safety. Just to show that local governments can do surveillance too, there will be opportunities for the children to be fingerprinted and photographed, with that information transferred to CD’s if it is ever needed for a missing child case.

Hill, defending his take-away program, asserted that police are justifiably afraid when they face armed suspects, and toy guns have been mistaken for real ones.

But Yih-Chau Chang, spokesman for Responsible Citizens of California, said, ”Having a group of children playing cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians is a normal part of growing up.”

Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #55
Dennis Hultman

Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #56
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
So First Amendment rights have been tossed right out the window too? Your Second Amendment rights were already rescinded.

School properties are Constitution-Free zones completely?

I really, REALLY resent that I am paying to support the public school system via my taxes.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #57
Dennis Hultman
Not surprised again that youtube/google is suspending accounts and forcing others to remove videos again. Half the videos in this thread are no longer here or the account has been terminated by youtube.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #58
WebSlave
Yeah, there is just no way that the government is going to allow unrestricted freedom on the internet. And also reason that all this blather about disbanding the IRS is NEVER going to happen. The IRS is the main weapon of the US government. They can put anyone they want to into a very deep hole by setting the IRS upon them with eternal audits. So do you think the gov is really going to give that up?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #59
Metachrosis
hasnt even starting getting bad yet . . . . . . but its not like we didn't see this coming
Get ready for some sparks to fly here in a month or so,conservative speculation suggest
ALOT of really smart people are going to get their dress blown up pretty good

Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #60
Metachrosis
"Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American," Snowden responded, "and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, (Sen. Dianne) Feinstein, and (Rep. Peter) King, the better off we all are."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...nline/2430451/

NSA leaker Edward Snowden, answering questions Monday in a live blog on his revelations about the top-secret agency, denied charges he was spying for China and vowed to release more details on the NSA's "direct access" to the tech companies' servers
"Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped," Snowden said, according to The Guardian, which held the "live chat" on its website.
He said the U.S. government "is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me."
Snowden, a former NSA contractor who fled the United States after revealing top-secret details on the government's collection of Americans' phone and Internet records, has said he "does not expect to see home again."
Snowden, who took immediate refuge in Hong Kong, also denied any plans to give information to China in exchange for asylum.
Former vice president Dick Cheney told Fox News Sunday that he thinks Snowden is a "traitor" and warned that the analyst may be spying for the Chinese government.
"Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American," Snowden responded, "and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, (Sen. Dianne) Feinstein, and (Rep. Peter) King, the better off we all are."
He called Cheney "a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up" for the war in Iraq.
" Ask yourself: if I were a Chinese spy, why wouldn't I have flown directly into Beijing? I could be living in a palace petting a phoenix by now," he said.
Snowden did not elaborate on when he would reveal more information, but said, "the reality is this: if an NSA, FBI, CIA, DIA, etc., analyst has access to query raw SIGINT databases, they can enter and get results for anything they want. Phone number, email, user id, cell phone handset id (IMEI), and so on -- it's all the same."
SIGINT refers to "Signals Intelligence," or the collected communciations data.
He said the restrictions to getting such data is "policy-based, not technically based, and can change at any time."
In response to a question as to why he fled to Hong Kong, Snowden said the U.S. government "immediately and predictably destroyed any possibility of a fair trial at home" and declared him guilty of treason.
"That's not justice, and it would be foolish to volunteer yourself to it if you can do more good outside of prison than in it," he wrote.
He also suggested that it was easier to go to Hong Kong rather than risk being intercepted and arrested on the way to Iceland, another potential safe haven.
3 NSA veterans: 'We told you so'
On other issues:
• Snowden insisted that he did not reveal any U.S.operations against military targets.
"I pointed out where the NSA has hacked civilian infrastructure such as universities, hospitals, and private businesses because it is dangerous," he wrote. "These nakedly, aggressively criminal acts are wrong no matter the target."
• He said he was initially "very encouraged" by the public response to the leaked information. "Unfortunately, the mainstream media now seems far more interested in what I said when I was 17 or what my girlfriend looks like rather than, say, the largest program of suspicionless surveillance in human history."
• He said he did not release the NSA documents during the prior administration because then-candidate Barack Obama's campaign promises and election "gave me faith that he would lead us toward fixing the problems he outlined in his quest for votes."
"Unfortunately, shortly after assuming power, he closed the door on investigating systemic violations of law, deepened and expanded several abusive programs, and refused to spend the political capital to end the kind of human rights violations like we see in Guantanamo, where men still sit without charge."
• He said Google, Facebook and other tech companies had been "misleading" in their denials of a giant government surveillance program called PRISM.
"They are legally compelled to comply and maintain their silence in regard to specifics of the program, but that does not comply them from ethical obligation," he said. "If for example Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Apple refused to provide this cooperation with the Intelligence Community, what do you think the government would do? Shut them down?"
The British newspaper had asked readers to post their questions to Snowden and recommend their favorites.
The blog was monitored by reporter Glenn Greenwald, who broke the NSA story two weeks ago based on Snowden leaks.
Underscoring Snowden's delicate situation in taking on the NSA, the newspaper included what it called "an important caveat":
"(The) live chat is subject to Snowden's security concerns and also his access to a secure internet connection. It is possible that he will appear and disappear intermittently, so if it takes him a while to get through the questions, please be patient."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!