Weather - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #21
bluesbayou
From my side of the world - Every one thinks Iraq is such a mess? You should see it right now - nothing but mud! Not squishy fun mud either. It's like penut butter! The locals love it because they can get their canals dug quicker and their land preped for the spring but even they are talking about the amount of rain we are getting here. It's the frikkin' desert! The Immams say it's Americas fault that the Earth is dying.... and with that we just givem' a 'good day to you sir' and leave because we realy have no argument for them (if you don't argue with an Immam your considered a boring person). Al Gore made a movie? What else is going on back there? Next you'll tell me James Brown died...
Blue

Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
Dragondad
There are always those who will try to put a spin on anything. Was watching an interview with NOAA, the current situation in the east is due to El Nino, the warm is stretched up and through New England keeping the cold weather in Canada. Lake Michigan's level is presently up 1" from the November, normally it falls this time of year. Well logic tells you why, moisture in this area this time of year is normally in the form of snow. The rain thats falling is going straight to the lake but we have nothing on the ground to back this up.

Global warming is real, the loss of rain forests with corresponding movement of desert regions. The glacier loss, overall changes in climate cannot be ignored. We need to not only manage our foliage, manage the air, and manage the land(not only what we take out but what we put back in). Love a line from the movie Armageddon For the first time in history a species has the ability to prevent its own extinction. Well not only do we have to worry about the giant rock from space but we need to worry about what we are doing to ourselves, our technology has brought us to this point are we smart enough with technology to save ourselves?

Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Hmm, then I guess the evidence of glaciers vanishing is really a case more of Global Evaporation rather than Global Warming?

Youd think that would be pretty damn strong evidence.... But i suppose that generation was always a stubborn one. ( not saying to be mean, just saying... lol)

Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #24
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
Well not only do we have to worry about the giant rock from space

I heard about that too, a giant Asteroid/Meteor is headed to earth. Its pretty scary to think about actually, but i have faith in the American and the Russian space technologies to prevent that from happening.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
Dragondad
See how this works, I write the above post and go out to fix dinner. Its snowing and as of this time actual build up on my back deck. This will be the first measurable amount of snow for this area in 31 days.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I heard about that too, a giant Asteroid/Meteor is headed to earth. Its pretty scary to think about actually, but i have faith in the American and the Russian space technologies to prevent that from happening.
There's no need to fear................Under Gore is here!!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #27
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
There's no need to fear................Under Gore is here!!!!
ahahaha that sounds really horrible you know....

Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #28
Stardust
I woke up this morning to maybe an inch of snow. The streets are clear now and the day is nice.
Normally at this time of year there would be at least a foot of snow and it rock hard from the frigid cold. I hope it is not so mild now as to drag into the spring.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #29
ms_terese
Well, I watched An Inconvenient Truth, and I can say....that I'm still not sure what to think. Yes, the movie provided some frightening information and yet I can't shake the feeling that it's not conclusive information. I know, I know.... the charts don't lie....but on the other hand, for each action there is a reaction, and the earth may be reacting in ways that the scientists haven't detected yet in order to "balance" things.

I don't know...I'm not a scientifically minded person.

Other than that, I'll admit that Gore's comments about the election and the campaigning, and the digs at the current administration, devalued the message to me. While he spoke of his passion for Global Warming education and resolution, going so far as to say that it was one of the reasons he became involved in politics, he came across as having ulterior motives.

**Disclaimer** I'm a recovering cynic, and I may have possibly fallen off the wagon this week.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #30
ms_terese
P.S.

I'm off to sunny Florida in a couple of days, and am hoping it gets cold enough here tomorrow for me to truly appreciate Florida in January!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!