Somebody tell me again why I live in the NorthEast? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #11
kevk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart and Soul Reptiles View Post
I'm in PA, I hated that storm, I was suppose to have a snake shipped out that day! Screwed up my whole start of the breeding season :/
And what about the snow we got in Novemeber?!
I have lived here 18 years and I can't ever remember having snow in Novemeber!
It usually doesn't snow until late January!
I want to be warm

i'm in nj,and it snows almost every year in november and december.maybe not alot,but it's not that rare.do you remember the year it snowed a foot in april,maybe 15 years ago?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
Kiote_9
Harald, how is your situation? Has your power been restored?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
hhmoore
Yup - I've got electricity, phone, and internet as of yesterday afternoon.
The repair crews are busting their butts, but its gonna take a while...there was so much damage, and so many different kinds, that things are just a mess. I've got everything back, but 2 streets over in either direction and everything is black & quiet.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
ZX11
When I ran a Midas shop, they had me in upstate New York for 22 months; the 22 coldest months in my life. I was glad to leave there. Going back to Georgia was great.

Then, I was off to Northwest Washington state, where it always rains and/or is cold. And then, the snow.

Now, I am in southwest British Columbia where we are being pounded by yet another snowstorm, the 8th in 2 two weeks. Except for yesterday, it has snowed all of those two weeks everyday. Woke up to another foot of snow this morning and it is coming down hard now.

I miss Georgia.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
hhmoore
LOL. Yeah, the ice melted, and then we got hit with back to back snow storms...but I've got electricity, heat, and a snowblower, so all is well.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
hhmoore
Oh, and it was icing this morning when I went outside, with a mixed bag (ice, snow, sleet, freezing rain) for today and tomorrow. NY is a nice place to visit...I guess...but I don't wanna live here. And my current top reason isn't weather related - they're trying to tax my Dr Pepper. An 18% "obesity tax"....What a crock.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
Kiote_9
Michigan, my friend. The weather is the same, there aren't many jobs, and the people here are mean as heck, but we don't have tax on food products.

(I was going to say 'then buy diet', but I don't think it'd of gone over as well....)

Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
hhmoore
Yeah...I think I'd quit before I'd switch to diet.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #19
Kiote_9
I used to say that. Now I drink diet Mountain Dew and diet Dr. Pepper. Everything else still sucks, though. Sugar pop is too sweet and leaves a sticky spot when you spill, diet doesn't.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
NY is a nice place to visit...I guess...but I don't wanna live here. And my current top reason isn't weather related - they're trying to tax my Dr Pepper. An 18% "obesity tax"....What a crock.
Please tell me your kidding

Im so glad I live down south

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!