Bad Guy Scott Seavey of CV Exotics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
andrew8705
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Have you let Scott know about this thread?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ber.php?u=8915
Link is broken. Is that the thread about him serving time for the stolen snakes from NERD?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #12
Skyefoxx
It let me access it. The link above is to his user profile on Fauna.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
Vorlon1
Andrew, the more you push the more you might have a chance at getting some of your money back.
By the way I had 3-4 month old Blue tongue skink shipped from Florida to So. Cal via UPS overnight air for about 30 dollars. This was done the week before Christmas. It was shipped on Tuesday 12.20.17 and arrived 12.21.17. I don't like they way your animals were packaged. Here is a video of me unpacking a properly sent animal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H4Hj8fJ1QQ&t=18s

I hope you get some satisfaction. I believe you would be a caring herpetoculturalist.
There are more hogs out there. Don't give up.

craig

Old 01-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #14
andrew8705
If he could keep his story straight, that would be an improvement. Instead, he continues to contradict himself. At this point I'll keep moving forward with the chargeback and have the funds taken from him by visa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 01-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #15
ljsreptiles
Hope you get your money back one way or another.

I stopped at his table at a show years ago. Asked him question, he was such a jerk! Something really rubbed me the wrong way about him and I’d never do business with him. Glad I didn’t

Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #16
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8705 View Post
I put a deposit down on 2 female hognoses in October of 2017. Payments were made with the final payment made in January. I advised Scott our weather was terrible at the moment to let me know when he wanted to ship and he followed up a few days later asking to ship on a Thursday for Friday delivery even though the temps had been colder than normal. I agreed to shipping as temps were still holding steady and he would let me know if anything changed when he printed the shipping label.

I was unaware they would be going to Memphis and was under the impression they would be flying straight to Columbus from New Hampshire. Had I known that, I would have been checking the weather and held off on the shipment due to a storm that grounded planes and delayed shipments. I e-mailed Scott Friday morning to see if he knew anything and called FedEx as well who advised me of a delay. He said he wasn't advised of any delays but placed 2 40 hour heat packs in the box. Snakes finally arrived Monday after staying in Memphis all weekend. I picked them up as soon as I could get to the hub and found they were both DOA. The snakes were shipped in tubs that were entirely too big for their size with both weighing under 15 grams when I weighed them that night.

I immediately called Scott who had no empathy in his tone but was more confused that a buyer was calling his cell phone directly. He made no offers to make it right but simply said they probably just looked dead but would come around when warmed at room temps which I had planned to do already. After a few hours, it was clear they were gone and Scott was e-mailed with proof of death. When I called and talked to him I told him I would be following up with him via e-mail with an update. He failed to respond in a timely manner then promptly placed the blame on FedEx and stated that it wasn't his fault as he wasn't responsible for carrier delays. I trusted Scott's knowledge and to check the weather. While I should have been checking the weather in Memphis, as stated, I was unaware they would be going to that hub and learned after the fact how to check where a package would be going for sorting.

Scott has since contradicted himself by saying he wouldn't issue a refund then went on to say that he was going to help me out until I started bashing on his packaging and giving false facts. Scott's TOS on his site state that he does not ship in weather below 40 or above 90. Lows in Londonderry where he shipped were below 40 and Memphis was at 21. Scott states the weather was above 40 when he dropped the snakes off but there is no mention in his terms that temps must be above 40 when he drops the package at the hub and then it's no longer his problem. Total amount of the snakes with shipping was $611.21. Scott also said that insurance wasn't purchased when I placed the order. The option of insurance was never mentioned in his terms at checkout nor is there a single mention of insurance on his terms page of the website. A minor thing but at this point I feel should be mentioned as well is that Scott was repeatedly asked for hatch dates on these 2 and failed to provide the requested information and ignored the request even it was asked during the shipping issues.

Attached are e-mails between Scott and I as well as pictures of deceased snakes.
I have had an extremely similar experience, minus the shipping. He sold me a banana ball at an expo in October '17 who looked rather thin... he didn't eat for me once and when I tried to call Scott to tell him there was a problem, he was also confused as to why I would call his cell phone.. in tears that my snake was dying... with 0 remorse or empathy. My banana died later that evening.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
Vorlon1
There's no reasonable way to respond other than ....
That REALLY SUCKS ! TWO !

This guy needs to get his poop together ..... or get out of the business...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!