Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 245 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #2441
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Damn dude, who pooped in your Wheaties this morning?
That quote was from yesterday, not this morning. At least pretend to keep up with things. I know you are eager beaver to lob insults in the typical Mr. Beard grasp for karma points, but it adds to your credibility if you are accurate. Same goes for your inaccurate assessment of what I see/think constitutes a "good thing".

Quote:
you've got no business opening your mouth on the subject, let alone being a moderator.
I was perfectly fine watching this thread play out in silence. Mr. Davis, similar to yourself now, thought it would be cute to poke the sleeping bear. So, here I am.

You are sorely mistaken if you feel my opinion is contingent upon popular vote. I can have sympathy for someone, but said sympathy isn't without limits. After it became clear to me that both parties were digging their own hole together and doing so with equal vigor, my sympathy basically dried up for both sides.

The moment you're up to the task of being a moderator, feel free to send Rich a PM (click here) and let him know why you would do a much better job. The moment I'm no longer needed here, Rich will let me know and I'll thank him for a great run. I'll share one little secret with you as you put your resume together, don't highlight the fact that your contribution to Fauna will be to mandate that all participants sing the same opinion in one accord.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #2442
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Damn dude, who pooped in your Wheaties this morning? Considering you're literally the ONLY person who sees things that way now, might wanna take a step back and reconsider perspective.

If you don't see suing a bad guy and winning as a good thing, might also wanna rethink perspective and your position on this site. If you can't show empathy with someone who is wronged on the BOI, you've got no business opening your mouth on the subject, let alone being a moderator.
Wow. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (even moderators), that's what makes this site work. People never agree on everything, it's called life. There is nothing in the rules stating that mods have to agree with the popular opinion. Our individuality makes this site one of the best. Robert's opinion has some good points.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #2443
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Damn dude, who pooped in your Wheaties this morning? Considering you're literally the ONLY person who sees things that way now, might wanna take a step back and reconsider perspective.

If you don't see suing a bad guy and winning as a good thing, might also wanna rethink perspective and your position on this site. If you can't show empathy with someone who is wronged on the BOI, you've got no business opening your mouth on the subject, let alone being a moderator.
I'm suprised you posted this David. Robert is an asset to this site. I wouldn't want to be a mod here. He has no less of a right to open his mouth here than you and I.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #2444
snakesareawesome
I don't know, I'd say it was pretty effective. This is going to cost him a lot of money. I doubt he will be so quick to want go threaten someone with a lawsuit when he has no case again.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:01 PM   #2445
tlmoon
Robert is entitled to his opinion - I don't agree with him on this one, but it's just as valid as anyone else's. To be fair, he hadn't said anything about this lately in the thread, but someone dragged up an old post and quoted it.

I'm delighted Michelle was able to take this battle on and win. In my mind, it was Ty's arrogance and refusal to do the right thing, more than "just" $3000 (not a piddling amount of money in my book) that made this victory sweet. Not everyone would or could take on a legal battle like this. I would have respected and supported Michelle just as much if she'd let this go.

But I really, really like that she won.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:01 AM   #2446
Michael Brown
Would Michelle embark on this journey again if given the opportunity? If the answer is “yes”, then this was an all around “win” for Michelle. If the answer is “Probably not” than she “won”, but at a cost > reward.

Is this a win for our community? Of course it is, BUT what did we invest? Other than our time + words of encouragement. Regardless, a huge win for the reptile community overall.

Would I embark on this journey? Most likely not. For me, the mental toll + financial toll would far outweigh the potential reward. This does not mean that I do not have a TON of respect for Michelle, it simply means that I would have chosen a different path.

To each their own.

I am not sure why Robert is being singled out for a different opinion. An opinion that I wholeheartedly agree with. Over the years I have saw nothing but fantastic moderating from him as well as posts. The BOI is intended to be an open, and honest discussion. A place where people can gather information and form their own opinion. When did this change?

Old 08-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #2447
Chris Kennard
Weel put Michael! I couldn't agree more. Also, had the OP lost her case, would it have changed anyone's opinion if Ty? Of course not. This thread would still remain a stain on his reputation for all to see. I couldn't be happier that Ty lost. Either way, he lost in my book.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #2448
Mike (The M)
There are many of my own posts where I echoed Robert's sentiments about this.

Money versus actual cost. Sometimes, life just sucks and people screw you out of what you're entitled to. A while back, the beneficiary of the raffle returned Michelle's money she put in. Aside from the ricidulousness of Ty's followers, everyone could have called it a day.

Yes, this is a great outcome for her and I am very happy it played out that way. I am always happen to be proven wrong. I cling very strongly to my principles and understand that 100%. But for those of you saying Ty lost and will think twice, did you read the actual court documents? He filed a motion to delay saying he had a concussion and was not medically fit to stand trial, that he didn't know his lawyer had withdrawn, that he didn't have the financial resources to pay a lawyer on short notice, that he was too busy ON VACATION, and so on. Even in the final hour, he was sticking to his own principles. So yes, he has to pay. Will he think twice next time? Likely not.

Like I said, the world sucks sometimes. The point Robert is making is that while it's a great outcome for Michelle, in the grand scheme of things, was a worthwhile battle truly won? Was it a worthwhile use of resources for all parties (some of you funded it with your tax dollars)?

There are ways Michelle went about things at times that I did not agree with. I never once agreed with Ty's actions. I did raise some points where a jury could fail to serve justice due to lack of understanding of the details. And when I did, there were a few people who said I was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" trying to "put the hush on" Michelle.

There is a world beyond your front doors. Considering things in a larger context does not make you some sort of heartless monster. It also doesn't take away from Michelle's win.

Take a breath, people.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #2449
Robert Potts
This thread illustrates why moderators shouldn't be allowed to post on the BOI as civilians. Be a moderator or be a civilian, cant be both. At least in the context of this Web-Site.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #2450
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
This thread illustrates why moderators shouldn't be allowed to post on the BOI as civilians. Be a moderator or be a civilian, cant be both. At least in the context of this Web-Site.
That is a false dichotomy.

One can indeed be both. Actions performed as a moderator are in accordance with the rules and governance of this site. As long as that is not interfered with, providing personal input on the BOI in a non-moderating fashion is completely permissible.

This thread illustrates nothing of the sort you claimed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu