Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #21
sagespyder@yahoo.com
If it was so important things would have been taken care of, seeing as the OP only made one bid, as per what he said than it really doesn't matter. the seller wanted permission from an adult, that is not uncommon in any case. Being that the Op is under 18 it goes without saying they are still living with their parents and there are plenty of times where the parents don't want a reptile in their homes.

the seller is trying to cover themselves and a buyer should RESPECT that and vice versa.

not that this is the case.

If you have probs with your phone blowing up because of facebook get over it and change it. end of problem. If it was so important then you wold have had one of your parents take care of it for you, IE call the seller.

I guess rule number one if you are going to breed and sale is HAVE ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!

that covers selling and buying. If you even think there is going to be a problem COVER IT!

If you problem is age but your parents are letting you make the same deal as Homegrown Scales. Have a parent contact first then you can continue on. Not only does it take a lot of weight off of the buyer's side but it will help you as well.

I mean really, i have sold pets like kittens, to people online only to find out they were teens and the parents griped at me when they came to pick them up. no one wants to go through with that so if you were serious you would have made steps to show that you were. IE having a parent make the bid for you and talking everything through.

but that is just my .02

Old 03-06-2011, 04:50 AM   #22
sagespyder@yahoo.com
P.S. proof that he called you such names would help but if it is only over the phone we really can't help you there.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #23
kirkposs
Well if no one belives me thats fine, but i know what i was called, and if he wouldnt have blocked me i could show you the whole convo.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #24
BenSiegelReptiles
I'm sorry but I have nieces and nephews and little brothers and sisters. I know a bratty kid when I see one. I believe the posters final comment to me after a several minute chat about how the rules shouldn't apply to him because he was not a little kid, was that fine, ill never buy from you. My final response to him was you are correct no you won't and I blocked his access to my page. So as you can see his final response was a nasty one and that is what ended up getting him blocked permanently from buying from us or even visiting our fb page
I have a ton of cutomers under 18. Many have been cutomers since they were little kids and I have watched some them grow up into breeders and shop owners. Some really great kids that I am sure one day will be big names in outrageous industry. This kid was being a difficult little argumentative brat. I tried explaining to him my reasoning and instead of being polite, he had to be right.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #25
Payara
Kirk for future reference just remember that "sticks and stones may break my bones..." you get the point.

I don't think Ben deserves a bad guy thread for calling you a bratty kid. Maybe not your business but definitely not a bad guy thread. And just remember if you don't act like a bratty kid no ones going to think you are, and right now you kind seem like one.

Just my observations

Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payara View Post
Kirk for future reference just remember that "sticks and stones may break my bones..." you get the point.

I don't think Ben deserves a bad guy thread for calling you a bratty kid. Maybe not your business but definitely not a bad guy thread. And just remember if you don't act like a bratty kid no ones going to think you are, and right now you kind seem like one.Just my observations
Well I dont think the OP has acted bratty at all in this thread, hes just informing us. JMO

Which this shoulda been an info post instead of a bad guy post because the OP actually didnt have a transaction with him. Anyways whether a customer is acting bratty or not its up to the seller to remain professional and mature. The OP mentioned that having the parents contacted wouldnt be a problem. So to all the people posting, "it just to cover his butt, etc." ur wasting server space because the OP has stated that the knows about it and understands perfectly fine.

Theres no need to call names even if ur in the right, remember Ben, you are a grown business professional. A simple "No thank you," and a block button if it came down to it, is all that needed to be done. Now after some kids read this and assume u dont like kids like ur an ogre or sumthin, they wont be asking their parents because they feel u dont want to do business with them. But you gotta look at the big picture and realize that in a few years these "kids" will be adults themselves and dealing with u on a regular basis. Or not dealing with u as this specific case depicts.

Either way theres not much more that can be said not knowing what actually went down. And the only way to see the evidence is if Ben posts it.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #27
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkposs View Post
Exactly as i said i am not mad about wanting to speak to my parents. i had no prob with that. it was when he called me a braty little kid is when i was mad.
That's exactly how you're coming across here. The right thing would have been to ignore it and add him to your do not buy from list. There was no reason to post this here because you were mad. Hopefully you'll understand better as you grow up.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #28
BenSiegelReptiles
listen--I deal with kids day in and day out. Good ones, bad ones and everywhere in between. I like kids and most of customers children are great. This little boy was being rude and argumentative. At no point did he say he would have his parents call. When I told him to have them call--he told me that it is not worth the trouble to be able to bid-------I then said fine dont bid-----he then put a post up on his wall with me tagged in it I beleive saying how I wouldnt let him bid, blah blah blah. This is when he messaged me---fine--then I will never buy anything from you to which I replied no you wont and blocked him. Why in the world would you be defending this kids bad behavoir? Aside from everything---we have had NO TRANSACTION. He mouthed off and got blocked and that is no reason for him to post anything up on a public forum. On top of being underage here as well. I am pretty sure you are supposed to be 18 to post on the boi as well.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #29
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
listen--I deal with kids day in and day out. Good ones, bad ones and everywhere in between. I like kids and most of customers children are great. This little boy was being rude and argumentative. At no point did he say he would have his parents call. When I told him to have them call--he told me that it is not worth the trouble to be able to bid-------I then said fine dont bid-----he then put a post up on his wall with me tagged in it I beleive saying how I wouldnt let him bid, blah blah blah. This is when he messaged me---fine--then I will never buy anything from you to which I replied no you wont and blocked him. Why in the world would you be defending this kids bad behavoir? Aside from everything---we have had NO TRANSACTION. He mouthed off and got blocked and that is no reason for him to post anything up on a public forum. On top of being underage here as well. I am pretty sure you are supposed to be 18 to post on the boi as well.

Well because uve posted no proof of his bad behavior so its ur word against his. Im not defending him or his actions simply stating observations and playing advocate for both sides. Ur an adult so why do u resort to middle school name calling? Its just not professional IMHO. I had 12 cubscouts show unexpectedly at my resturant yesterday morning for a tour I wasnt prepared for in the least, were they being brats? not too bad but were a few occasions where they got out of hand, now if I called them brats do u think I would still have my job? Granted you own ur business and can do what u want, I just feel if u claim urself as a business u shouldnt be calling kids brats "on the clock." And to be honest ur kinda acting like a kid now trying to get him in trouble by saying underage posting isnt allowed in the BOI. But its incredibly hard to convey emotion via typing so I could be misreading.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
fuzzylogix
these random BOI bad guy posts whining when someone doesn't get their way are getting annoying. sounds like the OP got his feelings hurt because he's underage and doesn't know how to read the terms of the auction. the seller has every right to ask to speak to the parents when dealing with an underage buyer, and this should have never been brought to the BOI. the OP can't read the terms of the auction, and obviously can't read the rules of the BOI. kirk, use this as a learning experience to make sure next time you know all of the details and rules. and ben, knowing he was a 16 year old kid you might have approached this a little differently. we were all 16 before and thought we knew everything. i have to agree that just informing him of the rules of bidding and blocking him, without the "brat" comment, would have been more professional. but sometimes we speak before thinking, happens to all of us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!