WTH Rich! - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #121
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Yes, I did. He was releasing snakes that are native to the area. F&W was notified, they contacted him, wanted to make sure they weren't "obviously unhealthy" and that was that.

I understand the concern about releasing nonnative animals. Their is absolutely no argument anyone could make in defense of that. I would be more up in arms about that then a native species. As I said, I don't agree with what he did...But I'm not going to sit here and fight about it. I don't agree with a lot of things people do in regards to kinks, non-feeders, etc...But I'm not going to crucify someone for a differing opinion.

I'm also not harping on anyone confronting Rich. They (we all) had a right to. He explained his side of things, F&W was involved and didn't have any real concerns...So why go on and on about it? What do you want to happen about it?
Its been said in here numerous times.... He was an industry leading snake producer who condones and PRACTICES releasing snakes in the wild. I want the people who are trying to shut us (hobbyist, full time breeders) down to know we dont condone this behavior and it is not an industry standard to do it.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #122
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry fella, but I have absolutely no reason to extend the courtesy of use of my website to someone who blatantly calls me a liar. Take a hike, bub...
These same questions are asked daily in the BOI. show proof etc...etc.. so why is it that he is banned for asking "you" to show proof of something just everyone else is asked to? people on here are called liars,scammers and so forth everyday and they have to show proof to clear themselfs, but since you're the owner of fauna.. that rule doesn't apply for you? everyone has to defend themself and show proof to the linch mob on here or get dragged through the mud. but since you're the owner you avoid having to do so by banning people? doesn't seem fair imo. i know your already typing... if you dont like it you can leave or something of that nature, but i am sure it's a question alot of members is going to want to ask but dont have the "Sack" to do so.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #123
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
Its been said in here numerous times.... He was an industry leading snake producer who condones and PRACTICES releasing snakes in the wild. I want the people who are trying to shut us (hobbyist, full time breeders) down to know we dont condone this behavior and it is not an industry standard to do it.
That's understandable. Why not make it known to those people instead of griping on the forum and being confrontational? The unprofessionalism, petty arguing and pot shots shown in this thread doesn't look any better on the industry.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #124
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
These same questions are asked daily in the BOI. show proof etc...etc.. so why is it that he is banned for asking "you" to show proof of something just everyone else is asked to? people on here are called liars,scammers and so forth everyday and they have to show proof to clear themselfs, but since you're the owner of fauna.. that rule doesn't apply for you? everyone has to defend themself and show proof to the linch mob on here or get dragged through the mud. but since you're the owner you avoid having to do so by banning people? doesn't seem fair imo. i know your already typing... if you dont like it you can leave or something of that nature, but i am sure it's a question alot of members is going to want to ask but dont have the "Sack" to do so.
It isn't because "we don't have the sack," it's because a lot of us realize there is no use KICKING the BARN DOOR AFTER THE COW HAS GOTTEN OUT! If he was going to continue in the industry it would be a different matter, I'm sure.

The time for action would have been when he was selling his snakes, questions should have been asked then and inquiries on his practices, etc should have been asked long ago. It's not like the man was a stranger that no one could reach.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #125
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
That's understandable. Why not make it known to those people instead of griping on the forum and being confrontational? The unprofessionalism, petty arguing and pot shots shown in this thread doesn't look any better on the industry.
Unprofessional ism? Like calling me names and threatening to ban me? I agree, very unprofessional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
It isn't because "we don't have the sack," it's because a lot of us realize there is no use KICKING the BARN DOOR AFTER THE COW HAS GOTTEN OUT! If he was going to continue in the industry it would be a different matter, I'm sure.

The time for action would have been when he was selling his snakes, questions should have been asked then and inquiries on his practices, etc should have been asked long ago. It's not like the man was a stranger that no one could reach.
Maybe because he wasnt posting videos about it back then. This post he made was in the last 30 days as was pointed out already.....

Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #126
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

Thats done everyday in the BOI by you and others. i see no difference in this situation either.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #127
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
OK, fella, you tell me. How do you PROVE you got a local phone call? I think the guy's name I talked to was Chip, if I remember correctly. He's been to my place before, mostly interested to see if I had boas or new people who had them without the proper permits. That's how he knew I was getting out of the business.

And you are right, this is my site. I will not be lynched on my own site by people acting in the same fanatical and emotional way that they complain about the HSUS and PETA people acting. You know, without facts and just working themselves into a hysteria.

Yep I released corn snakes within their native range. You don't like it, for whatever reason. Unless you have some sort of time machine to change that, then it is my opinion that this is just a lynch mob effort, for whatever reason.

It appears that some people just want my head on a platter. So why is that? Some people got some old axes to grind and they feel this is the opportunity to do that? So tell me, would you allow that sort of crap on your own site? Yeah, I seriously doubt that....

Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #128
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
OK, fella, you tell me. How do you PROVE you got a local phone call? I think the guy's name I talked to was Chip, if I remember correctly. He's been to my place before, mostly interested to see if I had boas or new people who had them without the proper permits. That's how he knew I was getting out of the business.

And you are right, this is my site. I will not be lynched on my own site by people acting in the same fanatical and emotional way that they complain about the HSUS and PETA people acting. You know, without facts and just working themselves into a hysteria.

Yep I released corn snakes within their native range. You don't like it, for whatever reason. Unless you have some sort of time machine to change that, then it is my opinion that this is just a lynch mob effort, for whatever reason.

It appears that some people just want my head on a platter. So why is that? Some people got some old axes to grind and they feel this is the opportunity to do that? So tell me, would you allow that sort of crap on your own site? Yeah, I seriously doubt that....
I have nothing against you or your site. i just feel rather it is your site or not, you would atleast make an effort to say the same thing to him as you just did me instead of banning him right off. i know there is nothing that can be done now about what you did and that cant be changed but i'm sure you are aware that it really ticked alot of herpers off for you doing it at the time we are fighting one of the biggest fights this hobby has seen and then posting it.
the above 2 highlighted statements show just that rich. you will allow anyones name, reputation and soforth to get dragged through the mud here,linched, rather they are innocent or guilty as long as yours isn't mentioned. and you just said that yourself basically. so it's like basically saying.. you guys lynch, drag through the mud, slam,slander, or what ever else you would like to do as long as it's not me being questioned. question me and you get banned.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #129
Twizted Paths
This is not the BOI and this is not a concerning a transaction.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #130
WebSlave
Quote:
Unprofessional ism? Like calling me names and threatening to ban me? I agree, very unprofessional.
So you believe that YOU were and are acting professional? What kind of profession are we talking about here? Mud wrestling? As for calling you a derogatory name, I do apologize, but I lost my cool momentarily from the constant attacks from you guys. Actually I thought it was quite tame for all the bashing I have been undergoing.

But you ARE going quite a bit overboard, you know. And my having a momentary lapse just doesn't excuse the profane word you were using, and the threat of a ban was directed at you if you continued to do so. You will note that I did not contine myself in that same train of thought.

Quote:
Maybe because he wasnt posting videos about it back then. This post he made was in the last 30 days as was pointed out already.....
So? You felt that the thread on CornSnakes.com wasn't enough publicity for an issue that you fear HSUS, PETA and SPCA might see, so you wanted to continue on the bandwagon here to make it even more public? You guys seriously wanted it to have MORE publicity? My reasons on that thread weren't enough and you felt that you needed to grab a banner and run around waving it here? Why don't you just log onto those HSUS, PETA, and SPCA sites, send them links to this thread and the CS one to see if they can use this material? Wouldn't it be just great then that you could pat yourself on the back and say "See, I told you they could use that against us?" What a hero you would be then, eh? How proud everyone would be of you! Yay team! Job well done!

So let's see a raise of hands here. How many were actually hoping that FWCC would investigate this and arrest me? Is that what you were all getting goose bumps thinking about? Well sorry to disappoint you that it didn't happen. I'm sure that would have really made your day. What heroes you would all be to your peers then! My, what a wonderful industry this is that a person can get kicked in the nuts and stabbed in the back so regularly. Really you guys do make me proud.....

Oh yeah, and about this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis
Get your facts straight, please. These were snakes released within their native range, not foreign exotics, which is what that legislation is all about. I believe you are omitting that detail on purpose to try to make your case sound stronger. But seriously, do you HONESTLY believe that your throwing me under the bus is going to save your hide from them and they will say "Gee, that's great stuff! We are so appreciative that you can keep YOUR snakes because you are such an upstanding citizen to help our cause." I guess I'm the expendable one now that I have retired from the business, eh? Not quite the gold watch I had hoped for, I'm afraid....

Your innocent explanation is belied by the intensity of the attacks I am undergoing here by you and others. Quite honestly, I believe this has long ago passed into the realm of fanaticism.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread