Large Burmese For Sale Or Trade. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Archimedes Artifex
Large Burmese For Sale Or Trade.

I got this snake from a friend for free. He couldn't manage it anymore. This snake is not 100% tame. It has been kept in a cage and not handled. Every time the cage was opened food was put in so it has a bad feeding response.
It is around 16ft. and extremely fat. Once you get the snake completely out of it's cage it is handleable by two people. Since the snake is too large to ship, I would prefer it picked up because I really have no way or transporting it. I will get a picture as soon as I can.(without getting bitten hopefully)

I might be interested in trades, throw 'em at me what ya' got. If you want to buy it stratight up I will be selling it as a breeder female for $200.

-Richard
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
SIRS
i dont get it? you received a snake from your friend that he could no longer handle and it was FREE,and now seems you dont want it either but you are trying to make money off of it?if you cant handle it yourself why would you have taken it in the first place? and then to just turn around and try to make a buck off it? there are plenty of snakes that people no longer want and there free sounds to me like you only picked this one up for the purpose of making money .at this rate that poor snake will never be tamed if it is moved around so much ..good luck on selling it

Old 08-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
longissima
Yeah, nobody ever makes a profit on these animals. LOL! Ever go to a pet store and buy an large Colombian boa that they have for sale for $200?? I am guesing it was taken for free, just like iguanas, big burms, etc. C'mon. He could have asked $500 or $1000 for it. $200 is very reasonable for a big female burm, especially if you plan to breed her. She'd have TONS or babies.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
SIRS
a boa and burm are two diffrent snakes ,i dont care if he sells it for 1000 i just think there are way to many out there for free and to just take one in for a profit when he could have turned his friend down or helped him find a permant home for her,and to top it all its not tame so basically you are saying its ok to make a profit on a snake that noone seems to want or have not properly cared for? so what is going to happen to it if no one buys it ? i have taken a few snakes in but i have never paid for someone elses improper raising of a snake ,again good luck selling her

Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
juggalo
if you get desperate i will be a good home for the big girl i will not pay 200 for it as i am already breeding burms and have no need for another normal breeding female i would retire her just like i have done with my 17 1/2 foot female normal she will live the rest of her life just kicking back i now have some morphs that i will be working with normals are just to hard to sell so if you can find no way to do anything with this awesome girls let me know i live in charleston so i would be willing to talk about taking her off your hands. let me know my email sbearden@sc.rr.com i would like to see a pic before i comit to anything but i love burms so keep me in mind.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
S@L reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRS
a boa and burm are two diffrent snakes ,i dont care if he sells it for 1000 i just think there are way to many out there for free and to just take one in for a profit when he could have turned his friend down or helped him find a permant home for her,and to top it all its not tame so basically you are saying its ok to make a profit on a snake that noone seems to want or have not properly cared for? so what is going to happen to it if no one buys it ? i have taken a few snakes in but i have never paid for someone elses improper raising of a snake ,again good luck selling her

Gotta agree with you 100%

Old 08-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
longissima
I am of the thought that if you pay for something you may actually take some pride in caring for it. I have been dealing with free boas and pythons for over 10 years. Trust me, it doesn't matter how many there are to "adopt" since most adoptable snakes are in poor health/temperament. Most folks looking for free animals just end up neglecting them. I would rathr have some finacially reposible for the animal right from the get go. Unfortunately humans are most untrustworty either way.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
SIRS
i understand all that adoption fee and all but this particular snake was just given to him possibly with the thinking he was going to keep him but to me sounds like his only reason to ever take in this large not tame burm was for a profit i agree kinda about the fee and all but if you actually are concerned for the animal wouldn't you look into who you were going to be giving it to? like i said i too havetaken snakes in actually one is a burm that was very mistreated ,they wanted something for it ,but i told them i was not going to pay for a snake that you no longer want for what ever reason ,i just don't agree on the whole 200 for a snake that cant be handled and by the time it finds a permeant home ,if it ever does it will be way to late to try and think it will be a tame snake ,maybe i just need to realize that snakes are nothing more to some people other then dollar signs

Old 08-13-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
ffollett
I have known Juggalo for a few years now and if you need a good home for the snake if no one will buy it from you he would be your man. He would make sure she had a good life.

Personally I wouldn't pay for the snake and think its kind of outrageous that you would try to sell a snake you got for free that has problems but hey to each their own.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #10
juggalo's wife
my husband "juggalo" was only trying to offer a home for this burm, we have raised and bred burms for years, we are no longer breeding normals and retired ours this year-our 17 plus will live out her remaining years in her enclosure just being spoiled. we have taken in rescues in the past from pet stores, animal shelters,etc... we are not looking to profit from this animal, only to see that she is taken care of-my husband has never mistreated any of the animals in our home whether it be a $1000.00 snake or a rescued albino on the brink of death that knows only to bite every time anyone gets near him.it is a shame when someone tries to offer help with an animal that no one seems to want to handle and gets tagged as an animal abuser, the person selling this snake is welcome to visit our home, inspect our enclosures, and keep tabs on the burm as we only live about 2 hours from him. i have given up 2 rooms in my home so our "babies" can have comfortable surroundings and habitats as close to natural as you can get.i have never cared for this site but when a friend informed us there was a burm that needed time and patience he thought we would be able to give it a perfect home instead of him reading somewhere in the future this animal was either released into the wild or killed because someone mistreated it who did not know how to handle it, ONCE AGAIN-we were not looking for something for nothing-only to offer a good home for an animal that obviously and desperately needs it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread