Juan Infante. BAD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
DamonG
Juan Infante. BAD GUY

My name is Damon Gasporra and i am a small breeder in SoCal. Juan was a friend of mine for several years with whom i have done many dealings. About seven months ago Juan told me he had a customer that wanted a pair of pastel jungle balls and asked me if i had any available. I told him i had a pair of yearlings i would part with for $1300. He ran the price by his customer and the deal was set. I met Juan to give him the snakes to deliver to the customer and he was to pay me after he picked up the money from the customer.(as i have done with Juan many times before) I even went so far as to knock the price down to $1200 so Juan could make more money on the deal. I haven`t seen Juan since. Juan hasn`t returned my calls for six months. I am now taking the proper legal actions to get my money. If Juan is willing to do this to a "friend", i don`t know what he is willing to do to a total stranger. Thanks for your time.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
LadyOhh
Damon, I'm sorry to hear that...

Looks like you are in my neck of the woods too..

Do you have any contact information on him?
Some info so that if he does come around by other avenues that people can know it is him?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
reptiler ron
Damon,You should have at least have gotten a check from him to hold.I see more people getting riped off lately because they trust someone to be onset.Not going to happen.At least with a check you would have something legal to go on to try to collect your $.I hope you get your money and have some type of proof that he owes you.Ron

Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
DamonG
Heather, i have his phone number and i know where lives and works, but i don`t want to post any personal info on Juan just yet. As i said he was a friend of mine and it doesn`t seem right. But he primarily brokers animals and he is in and out of the hobby. I don`t think he has been doing any selling for quite a while now. You can email me for more details.
Ron, you are completely right, i should`ve gotten some sort of proof of the transaction. But i have done many transactions with Juan and he the last person i would`ve ever thought could do something like this. If you can`t trust your friends...... I won`t make the mistake again

Old 10-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Laura Fopiano
Damon, is this the same Juan that worked for Jay Brewer at Prehistoric Pets in Fountain Valley??

And if you know where he works and lives...then why not camp on his door step or place of employment

Old 10-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Michael Y
welcome to the club

Juan owes me money also. I gave him some boa morphs about 7 months ago to sell for me. He said he knows a guy in Texas that buys from him. I have done this before with him but now he has gone missing with...........
1.1 2005 albinos
1.1 2005 DH Sunglow
7-8 ADULT Salmons
several 2005 hypos that are 66%

He refuses to answer any on my phone calls.

Mike Yarish

Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
DamonG
Laura it is the same Juan that used to work at P.P. And i could go to his work but i can`t make him give me the money. I don`t want to be the one that ends up in jail. I have thought about it though. Thanks, Damon Gasporra

Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 AM   #8
Michael Y
BEWARE.. Juan is back

Juan is now selling under the name RS on Kingsnake. He still refuses to return any of my calls after ripping me off a few thousand dollars.

Mike Yarish

Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Serafim
Michael Do you have any links to ads he is running currently

Old 04-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
LadyOhh
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=489505

Here it is...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!