Acrylic Bird Cages (Claims they make reptile cages) STAY AWAY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
pestodeculo
Angry Acrylic Bird Cages (Claims they make reptile cages) STAY AWAY

I recently ordered $2,000.00 of Acrylic cages from AcrylicBirdCages.com because they claimed to make reptile cages, the plans of the cage were based on that of Mr. Nicoli. Eric, one of the owners, is quite difficult to get ahold of and answers his phone on rare occasion. The cages he sent me have been nothing but a problem since they got here. About half of the pre-drilled holes didn't even come close to lining up the correct way, almost all of the holes cut for vents were too big for the frames designed to hold the screen in place. I am doing everything possible to return the cages because they are not put together well at all. If you are looking for an Acrylic cage for your reptile I will tell you that my experience has been nothing but bad news. Best of luck, and personally I would stay as far away from Acrylicbirdcages.com as you can.

-Chris

Old 03-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Serafim
Could you post up some pictures so we can see the cages? Thanks

Old 03-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
pestodeculo
Will do, I will take some tonight.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
pestodeculo
As you can see the black frame that is supposed to hold the screen is half an inch too long and almost half an inch too wide to even come close to being flush with the cut out making the pre-drilled holes not even come close to lining up with the frame. I had to do this for multiple cages but as you see from the pics I had to re-drill multiple holes in the side and back pieces to make them line up with the corner posts. I also forgot to mention that the instructions Eric sent me were not very thorough at all, as you can see they were written on a ripped off piece of cardboard box. I also forgot to mention that Eric did not send enough bolts to complete the cages either, and the latches he sent for the doors did not work as well. So I had to buy about another $80.00 of hardware from Lowes to even attempt to finish the cages. I may be mistaken, but in my personal opinion when someone spends over $1,000.00 on something like cages they should be at least responsible enough to send along enough pieces to finish building them and should take a little more time to maybe write the instructions on something beside a ripped off piece of cardboard. If you would like more pics or info I would be more than happy to provide them.

-Chris
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
pestodeculo
Here is a pic of one of the unfinished cages. I didn't bother to attempt to finish them after I realized I would have to shave down all of the vents to make them work. At that point I had enough.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #6
mademperor
That's horrible. Reminds me when I wen to the VA hospital and the doctor starting taking notes on a piece of brown paper towel. Is lined paper that expensive?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #7
kimnrick04
It doesn't matter if you pay $1000-$2000 or just a dollar, I feel you should get what you order. Sorry to hear about your deal.

Rick Vanderpool

Old 03-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
Serafim
has the owner of acrylic bird cages been advised about this thread? Also any emails reciepts etc that you can post up would be extremely helpful

Old 03-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
pestodeculo
Unfortunately, I do not have the emails from him anymore... Most of the questions I had asked him about the technical problems were asked over the phone when he finally returned my calls... I currently am out of town but when I return I will post the receipt. I left Eric, one of the owners, a voicemail telling him I was going to post a review on faunaclassifieds and he has not returned my call.

-Chris

Old 03-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #10
crusin1
Question acrylic bird cages is ok

it sounds like you are going through the same thing I did with my cages.

I bought two stacking cages from acrylic bird cages. when I put them together, I turned one piece upside down and nothing else would fit. I talked to Dennis in the shop and he helped me fix it. the cages are great. I was shorted some bolts too but they sent them to me the next day.

the cages are good. you want to check out some bad cages, try one from cages by design. the bolts fall out! and the cage is flimsy!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!