Do you Know Any Thing About Jungle Corns? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
ZFelicien
Do you Know Any Thing About Jungle Corns?

Does any one know about Breeding Hybrids?

When you Breed Jungles,
do the hatchling differ from the parents?

How Big do the get?

Do they lay large batches of eggs like corns
or small batches like kings?

Thanx!
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2004, 02:31 PM   #2
ZFelicien
pic

pic
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
Mark and Aimee
That pair looks familiar. Where did they come from? With that information, I can probably tell you a lot more about them ;-)

Old 09-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
ZFelicien
pic 3

pic 3
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
ZFelicien
Where i Got UM!

I purchases this pair from a young lady. She had a them on "Reptibid" but I purchased them out side of "Reptibid."
i know they father is an albino corn and the mother is a coastal phase cali king (het. albino). I just don't know which side these snake will take most of their traits/characteristics from.

Any Info you can give me will be appreciated.
Thanx!
ZFelicien@aol.com
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
FireDrake
Hey I recognize those snakes!!

They look wonderful! I'm so happy they are doing good.
Now I am kicking myself for not keeping a female, I held back two males to breed to my corns.
I'll probably repeat the breeding next year, unless I can get those males big enough, if so I'm breeding them to every female I have, lol!

Old 09-06-2004, 06:00 PM   #7
The Reptile House
Is it not true though

That alot of the babies will be sterill? I herd that very few are actually able to breed? Though very beautiful what are the chances of them being breedable?

Shanell

Old 09-06-2004, 07:35 PM   #8
FireDrake
nope....

Snake hybrids are usually not steril, in fact, it is said that hybrids show higher fertility than pure snakes. Not all hybrids are steril, think of Bengal cats, they are hybrid of Asian leopard cat and a domestic cat, they are fertile. Now heres something interesting, the Savannah cat is a hybrid of a domestic cat and a serval. I guess the first 4 or 5 generation of MALES are steril, but not the females.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
Alias47
I have never heard that hybrids show HIGHER fertility.
I have seen many cases where hybrids have some fertility issues (lower clutch size, lower fertile egg counts, lower successful hatches) but most of the more popular snake hybrids have proven to be fertile. Jungle Corns are a well established hybrid type that doesn't present as many fertility problems as some of the others.

These are BEAUTIFUL. Very nice coloring and striping...hopefully they will hold their colors and patterns into adulthood...a very good mix of the two breeds I would say.

Old 09-17-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
FireDrake
Talking thanks

I think they came out very nice too, I will be breeding the parents again next year!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!