Super dwarf Retics or Dwarf Burms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
Krj-2501
Super dwarf Retics or Dwarf Burms

I am wondering which is the better "dwarf" and why ?

I actually have some limited experience with each, but I am actually wonder about other peoples opinions.

The Dwarf Burms (Python bivittatus progschai) I had experience with were a pair of juveniles which were F1/F2s which never tamed down, and were always highly defensive. Although they were very aggressive in feeding - they also would strike and bite me at the first chance.

I also have some experience with a 50% dwarf Burm female. Which while a bit defensive when I first got her. She quickly tamed to the point of able to handle her on a semi-regular basis. Now 2-3 months later - her temperament is quite calm and tame, when she isn't feeding.

The Super Dwarf Retics are 50% Kalatoa crossed with mainland retics. Their temperament is quite different from these of the Dwarf Burms - as they are pretty chilled, and laid back snakes, which are very curious and love to explore. I've been able to hand them from the first day I got them.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
Krj-2501
so what is your experiences with either of these species?

Old 11-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
bcr229
I have no experience with dwarf burms.

I have a 100% SD male retic and two 50% SD 100% het purple female retics (sisters).

The females are awesome. They are chill, curious, and not at all defensive. I wouldn't call them "social" but of all my snakes, even the 100% mainland retics, they are the most likely to initiate interaction with people.

The male is a jerk. I laugh when people want an SD or a male retic because they don't want a "big snake" and think they can manage one that size by themselves, because this male will tear you up faster and harder than my females at twice his size will.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
Krj-2501
Your male 100% SD's temperament sounds a lot like the temperament of the pair of pure progschai Burm I had.

I am wondering if his temperament is just because he is a mean, ill tempered male, or because he is an early generation(F1 or F2) Cb pure SD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!