Bad Guy Steve and Sharla Willer- Pets of Class (Pueblo Colorado). - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Millinex
Steve and Sharla Willer- Pets of Class (Pueblo Colorado).

Really was hoping to never have to post one of these... here it goes.

The majority of the communication is done via text, phone call, or in person, seeing as though they live only 30 minutes away from me. I obviously only have records of the text messages, and would be glad to forward them to anyone who is interested. If there is a way of copying them/time stamps onto the computer I'd love to know and I'll post those up as proof, as I'm unsure how to show a text message to someone across the internet short of maybe taking a picture of it?

August 31: 12:17 PM- I contact them offering my large 14’+ male tiger reticulated python, and a small pair of boas. They are getting into breeding reticulated pythons and can use the boas for the store- I have no use for any of the 3 as I got the boas on trade (and don’t do boas) and replaced the male with a higher end morph. I tell them I am asking $400 for the male and the 2 boas.

I get a response later at 4:36 stating they don’t have the 400 for the retic right now and at 4:41 I get a response of “All we have is 200 right now, but we wants the retic & boas, Can u work w us please?!?”
Aug 31 4:48 PM I talk to them and they end up offering me $200 up front “Come talk to us we’ll give you 200”
I ask if they want me to bring the retic, and say I’d need collateral or something until the rest is paid. Offering to watch something of theirs until they pay the rest.
At 4:52 I get the text “Ican write something up & we all sign it” in response. I think sure, a contract would be great.
I drive down with the retic and 2 boas, and hand them over for $200, we talk about a contract in person, but they are late to doing an aquarium set up so I end up letting it slide. I wasn’t too worried with a pet store attempting to scam me especially since I had done business with them before and helped them with some various reptile stuff.
I remind them on Sept 7 about the money being owed and I get the following response:
Sept 7: 8:44 PM “We will get u ur money don’t worry!!!”
I reply back asking how soon they’ll have it.
Sept 7: 8:45 PM “I don’t know right now I’m sorry. Too bad ur not interested in the hedgehog”. I had looked at a hedgehog but didn’t feel a single hedgehog was worth $200 and would rather have the cash, so I declined the offer.

On Sept 9th I remind them again that I need the money, I try putting a deadline of the 18th on it to try and get the last bit of my money. I get no real direct responses. I ask again on the 15th and get no response again.
This slides until Oct 28th, shortly before repticon. I end up getting ahold of him via the phone and agreeing to meet sometime around repticon – as they are driving through my city on their way and I could meet them there or in my city somewhere along the interstate. After personal threats from Steve via the phone- so we agree to meet on their way home from repticon. We agree he will have $100 for me that day and $100 the Saturday following. I meet them around 8:10 and get $100 from them.
The next weekend I get in contact with them and don’t hear anything back. I’m told at 12:50 that he’ll get back with me later and his phone is at the store and is about dead.
I’m told at 12:55 “I don’t know that he has the cash. Someone hit our car again yesterday”.
I ask if they have anything on trade instead, so I can put this debt behind us and get on with my life. I understand things happen, but it’s been over 2 months now.
We end up talking about a fellow reptile keeper and at 1:53 I receive “Yeah Steve mentioned we owed you money”. At this point they have paid me $300, and they are admitting to owing more. I again let it slide, giving them the benefit of the doubt again.
I’m texted on Thur Nov 22 saying that they needed to get rid of the big snakes and to let me know if anyone is interested by Monday. I mention the fact I don’t have much cash but can work something out.
At 12:25 I get “I know that. Neither are we. We only owe you 100 anyway. Just let us know if you know anyone, we need the money to live off of.” Admitting again to owing me the last $100.
On the 27th they say they have them sold, on the 28th I ask how much and they reply $1500, I say I need my $100 and I want to be done with this nonsense.
I get no responses back, and on the 9th of December at 12:14 I ask when I can pick up the last $100, they respond they never got paid. I’m in the market for a few big females and have cash to spend so I offer them $500 and to scratch off the $100 I owe in trade for their large female tiger. I don’t hear anything back for a couple days.
On the 12th I get ahold of them again and I say I need my $100, and I’m not waiting for a buyer if they don’t want to sell to me, and it isn’t my problem anymore what drama they have going on or what deals they have going on. I’m told at 1:32 AM “I don’t have it right now, sorry” at 1:37 “There isn’t anything we can do. I can’t pull a hundred bucks” again at 1:55 AM: but we don’t have a hundred bucks”.
I’m told to call his phone (by his wife) until he wakes up, so I did, he answered by yelling at me, saying he doesn’t owe me any money, and claiming the snake is sick.
They then have gone on to claim they took the snake to a local vet the next day after getting it, and said it was sick. I tell them I will take this to court, and I get “going to court for 100 bucks? Ok I guess”.
On the 13th after I type up a long facebook message I get told “You can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip”
Now somehow they are saying they don’t owe me money, that they snake I sold them was sick and they took it to the vet the next day. I know when I get animals, I check immediately if they are sick, and if I find problems- I contact the seller as soon as I can, ESPECIALLY if I still owe money on the animal and haven’t paid it off, as it’s much easier to communicate/work something out rather than 3.5 months down the road.

I know right now the shop is closed down and they quit it and are in a pretty bad luck streak, but hopefully this warns others about them in case they try to do business with anyone else in the near future.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
emraeclark
Shar and her ex had a scam petshop on Northern Avenue in Pueblo, CO. I thought their business was legitimate so I left my mother and daughter hedgehog with them with the contingency Shar and her ex would not sell the mother and daughter that were VERY CLOSE and BONDED. With the mom and daughter, I included a $200 cage. I was appalled when I read this ad. I am very worried about the mother and daughter hedgehogs now. I called her and she assured me they mom and baby daughter were okay. These people go around Pueblo scamming for free social services, too.... you can google it, you'll see. Hideous people. I despise them and to this day worry about Heddy hedgehog & baby.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
emraeclark
also, these scammers did not pay me for the hedgehogs or the cage. Each hedgehog was worth $250 each; however, I felt they were priceless, thus left them at a PET SHOP where I thought they'd be SAFE and nurtured. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my life.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
hhmoore
What is your complaint?
When did you leave the hedgehogs with them; and what was the agreement that you made at the time?

Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
emraeclark
Unhappy Agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
What is your complaint?
When did you leave the hedgehogs with them; and what was the agreement that you made at the time?
Shar and Steve owned the pet-shop over a year ago. I said they could keep Heddy & her baby daughter Hedgie for free, as long as I could check in on them, as long as Shar Willer and Steve Willer didn't separate them, and as long as they did not sell them. It was a verbal agreement. I regret not having drafted a written agreement; however, I believed they were a legitimate pet shop. They were quite CONvincing. I found this ad because Shar made herself inaccessible to me. Therefore, I could not contact her and she stopped replying to my Facebook inquiries. Indeed, she either blocked me from Facebook or she since changed her profile name or link. I commenced a Google search, off and on over the past 1.5 years, and hence stumbled on this ad.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
emraeclark
also, their pet shop closed within months and it was a wild ride trying to find out what happened to the mother and baby (Heddy & Hedgie). The mother and daughter were very close, they huddled together all the time. Shar said her daughter "loved" the hedgehogs the last time she & I spoke over a year ago. I see now that wasn't the entire truth.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
emraeclark
Thus, my complaint is that their conniving has broken my heart as I wonder about mother and daughter. I opened the door to that, as well as the guilt that still haunts me.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
emraeclark
It was a good faith agreement, in other words. I thought these people had character. Due to the cavalier attitude and dishonesty of Shar Willer & Steve Willer, I wonder if mother and daughter were neglected or at worst, maltreated. The creatures were obviously disposable to them, as noted in the original message of the person these people ripped off.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
hhmoore
You make an awful lot of assumptions about what happened.
I understand that you may not have current information; but that doesn't really justify the trash talking and filling in the blanks with whatever your imagination feeds you...at least not in a thread of this nature.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
emraeclark
How do I delete the messages then, if you perceive them as "assumptions?" I will do so given instruction. However, I based my assumption on the fact that Michael B. (wrote the first post) said they wanted to exchange one of the hedgehogs for cash they owed him & never paid. Indeed, they threatened him for asking what was rightfully his -- as you'll see if you read the entire post. They also claimed to me that Steve, the husband, was a police officer. I don't know whether that's true or not. They agreed they would NOT separate the hedgehogs or sell them, yet that's what they attempted to do (bartering for cash). They made themselves inaccessible to me, as well as Michael B. Hence, my "assumptions" that appear to be based on facts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!