When was you first snake bite?!!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #31
harrellharrell
I was about five or six and caught a garter snake in the back yard. It caught me right on the index finger and would not let go for anything!
Since then I have been bit by Burms, Balls, Boas, Corns, Kings, and a very angry yellow anaconda who just happened to be my favorite snake I've ever owned. I've always loved the bigger, meaner, and nastier snakes!
My worst bite by far was from an extremely mad 5ft. green iguana named spike. We came to an understanding after that though, and she never bit me again!
Tony

Mine was an unproven Axanthic BP named Rameses. I sat him down to go answer the door and when I walked back he tagged me 3 times. Or so says Tony. I didn't feel it, but he was right there and saw it.
The only other bite was from a BP named French Silk and we were feeding them in these plastic tubs. They were deep and had lids. There were handle holes in the side. I dropped the rat in and her head came out of the hole and tagged my other hand. I asked Tony "Did I just get bit?" Sure enough there were five TINY puncture marks on my index finger. It stung a little later and I experienced some nausea later on.
Melissa

Old 11-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
Kingmorph69
my first bite was from a BP while I was helping my friend clean. since then I have been bitten only 4 more times. once by a baby BP, once by my adult male BP, Once by my sub adult female BP, and once by my baby blood.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
Steve'O
My only bite was from a baby spotted python. Latched onto my fingertip and tried to eat it, LOL. It was a determined little snake. Held on for quite a while. I walked around the room with him chewing on it for about 10 or 15 minutes. I have had several balls strike during feeding, but missed. I have the worlds meanest Dumerils Ground Boa. His name is Rhorshack and he is still young. But he strikes at anything that even gets close to him. Does not matter if he is in his cage, in another container, on the ground, or being held. He has not got me yet, not for lack of trying. But, I am sure he will someday.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #34
Grimaldi123
ive never been bitten... i kinda wish i have been because of the slight fear of the unknown. the problem i have is all my snakes are larger than what i desire to be my first bite. my brother has a nasty little 4' columbian at my parents house though so im thinking i should probably let him tag me in the arm just to get it over with. truth be told im more afraid of his little columbian then some of my larger 10' + snakes, which i handle daily but are all puppy dogs.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #35
dragonhoit
when i was 9 from a boa constrictor

Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #36
dturner100
My first snake bite ever was a 5' bull snake, but my first captive snake bite was a 4' albino burmese python that continued to bite me once in a while until she was well over 16'. Needless to say it bled a bit more when she got that size...

Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #37
dturner100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi123 View Post
ive never been bitten... i kinda wish i have been because of the slight fear of the unknown. the problem i have is all my snakes are larger than what i desire to be my first bite. my brother has a nasty little 4' columbian at my parents house though so im thinking i should probably let him tag me in the arm just to get it over with. truth be told im more afraid of his little columbian then some of my larger 10' + snakes, which i handle daily but are all puppy dogs.

If you have any tattoos then you have nothing to fear. Snake bites for the most part ( except for gtp's ) don't hurt half as much as a tattoo. I definitely know both sides of the coin. I've got 35-ish tattoos, and have been bitten a good number of times.

If you are going to let your brothers boa bite you remember not to flinch or pull away. That is way more dangerous for the snake than for the human. The snake can easily loose a few teeth from you flinching. The ABSOLUTE worst thing that will ever happen to you from a boa bite is an infection, and that would be extremely rare.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #38
Crazy4Herps
Funnily enough, the only bite I've suffered from one of my kids (this is excluding all field-herping events) was from my boa, who is a complete sweetheart. I guess I'd had her out for a while and wasn't quite supporting her enough, so she figured she should let me know to take better care of her. Didn't even break the skin. I think it's funny because I've got a big fat short-tail who likes to come snapping after me whenever I open the tub and a ball python who used to be easily irritated (calmed down nicely now, but she used to strike at me every now and then). And of all the snakes, I get bit by one of the sweetest ones. I guess it's because with the breit and the ball python I'm always prepared to be struck at, and with the boa I'm more relaxed because she's usually so sweet.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
Mikey Triangles
garter snake when I was 3 or 4. I remember faintly, and I mostly remember that it didn't hurt which made me lose my fear of getting bit.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #40
Piratepythons
juvie coastal carpet about a month ago that seemed to start a chain and ive been tagged by a boa and a bp.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!