Trans x trans? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #61
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinezilla View Post
Scott Clark from Cherry Dragons had a line called "White Chillers" They were White Hypo Trans... But he didn't claim them as Marketed Lucys
Can you dig up any pics on those???

Old 07-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #62
joseydiann
Wow lol I am really confused now woooweeee so it's a NO we should not breed a trans and a trans to make little trans babies???

Old 07-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #63
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Wow lol I am really confused now woooweeee so it's a NO we should not breed a trans and a trans to make little trans babies???
An that's the problem. Most people know that the trans to trans is NOT a healthy cross. End of story. Someone "says" they had a good experience and it's now a confusion to others that have not had the hands on experience that others have had, or the knowledge that others know because of the shared experiences from knowledgeable breeders. A good experience is always a good thing but your temping fate to hatch out ""unhealthy babies" or babies with "deformities".
What if you have a female on her third - fourth clutch, her body is drained from vital nutrients that the eggs need and the eggs die off during incubation or they hatch out and they die shorty after.What if you have a male that has breed 4-5 females and is low on sperm? Will the mortality rate be higher because of low sperm count? Will there be more "deformities?" These are only a few questions out of many that i can think of BUT, why bother trying this until the trans to het trans cross is more successful?
You dont have to cross a trans to trans to hatch out babies with these kind of problems. You dont know that every cross will be as successful as someone say theres was.
If there is something that your searching for, something to prove out. I can understand. That's kind of what its about. But to roll the dice, for "the hell of it" is something i cannot understand. And "i wanted to see what would happen" is not an excuse to cross a trans to trans.

Just my opinion, but what do I know?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #64
joseydiann
Ok so how do they come up with trans then? What makes them? There sure is alot of them floating around out there, and I guess I just thought you bred a pair of trans to make more

Anyway just checking, mine 2 females are babies and I don't have a male trans anyway so no worries here!

Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #65
DiamondDen
Has anyone noticed all the people starting to breed trans x trans, i know this is what this thread is about but whats everyone's opinion on people that are breeding trans x trans lately and posting and talking about it like it's an ok thing to do? Personally i think the people doing it are uneducated or inexperienced with dragons and need to take the time out to do research before possibly watching a bunch of babies come out deformed or worse (watching them die one by one)

And i dont mean any of this to be rude or anything but i think its important for more people to do all the research necessary, instead of some of there first breedings being trans X trans

Also i know its an old post but Amanda to produce tran's the ideal way would be a het for trans to a trans or 2 hets for trans, and be sure that they are not related.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:37 AM   #66
joseydiann
Thanks Corky, that's what I was wondering and I bought a 100% trans and then got a male het trans to go with her but people kept saying it was BAD and wrong, ect.. So mine are now gone lol little late but ole' well thanks for info..

I'm done breeding dragons anyway after all this time, I can't deal with them nipping each others tails and toes off anymore. So after I sell these last 20 babies I'm calling it quits..

Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #67
pdragon
Breeding trans to trans can go either way. I personally wouldn't do it. It's best to go in a forwards direction by using hets, or het to mutation.

That article by cheris is completly false. She never spoke to myself, allen repashy, or bob. I have been working with the trans since they first arrived in the country in december of 1999. They were purchased as "blue eye" dragons, along with about 30 100% hets from a german breeder, at the hamm show. If you keep trans outdoors in natural sunlight, the iris turns a blue color and is more visible. There is also another trans line(belgium) that rob and vickie dachiu have been working on.

Josh

Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #68
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
Breeding trans to trans can go either way. I personally wouldn't do it. It's best to go in a forwards direction by using hets, or het to mutation.
That should answer that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
That article by cheris is completly false. She never spoke to myself, allen repashy, or bob. I have been working with the trans since they first arrived in the country in december of 1999. They were purchased as "blue eye" dragons, along with about 30 100% hets from a german breeder, at the hamm show. If you keep trans outdoors in natural sunlight, the iris turns a blue color and is more visible. There is also another trans line(belgium) that rob and vickie dachiu have been working on.

Josh
Nice added info with the eyes. I have been asked about a blue eyed dragon. I though the one or two ppl that mentioned it were just imagining it, or heard it somewhere

The belgium line that Rob and Vicki have been working with is a very hearty, healthy, stocky animal. The females also do so well during breeding season. They hold there weigh very well and seem to produce a few more eggs than most of the other animals i have.
I attached a few pics. the first two are of a hypo leather het trans from the belgium line. She was 10 months old at the time of these photos. the hypo trans in pic two was 7 months. There was reason for size difference but not this much. She weighted over 400 grams at time of pic. In the lay bin is a belgium hypo trans 2 yrs old and has weighed alittle over 550 grams(when not gravid). She has produced a clutch less than 30 eggs in a year! her largest clutch was 39.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2016, 02:11 AM   #69
xian
I realize this is an old thread, but it has good information. I have been researching Trans x Trans breeding and have found plenty of info, but it all seems to be atleast 3+ years old. This thread is now 6 years old. Is there new information regarding the trans gene? I would assume it would be much stronger at this point with much more years and plenty of cross breeding or generations. What are current thoughts and findings?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!