An Awful Adoption Experience - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Where do you have evidence that Blue Buffalo and Diamond Brand are the same thing? Because that's crap.
Sorry, after looking through the information ive found i had my dog food brands mixed, up it turns out that Blue Buffalo is managed by there own company, but they use the same facilities as the Diamond Dog food company when they process their food. I was thinking of Taste of the wild when i brought up the salmonella issue, my apologies.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #72
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
No one's bashing all rescues. We're relating personal experiences with rescues we've come in contact with, and lamenting the fact that more rescues seem to be adopting the same adoption policies.

You're the one who kicked in the door on a personal crusade.
All im saying is in MOST cases the adoption applications are more complicated than a simple yes or no, because some bad pet owners have ruined it for everyone by abusing the rescue system. Take for example, when i worked at a rescue booth in hamburg, a guy carrying a clear box with a sri lankin cobra came up to me asking if i can do wholesale on the rescued ball pythons. Of course i then asked him a couple questions and found he just wanted to use them for feeders for his king cobra......sounds pretty obvious to deny him right? but not everyone is capable of making these kinds of decisions. Im sorry i did come out as being defensive, but working with a rescue and putting all my time and effort into these animals just to see them end up in the wrong hands is truly heartbreaking.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #73
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I do not think you get it.

People spend hours, days, weeks, months searching for the perfect dog for them. They fall in love with this animal and they want this animal and they want to provide the perfect home for them only to be denied for some stupid, unrealistic reason.

So, the person should just shrug and let it go? Move on to another rescue and spend more time only to risk heartache again? Do you know how crappy it makes a person feel to be denied a dog from a rescue? It makes you wonder what the heck you are doing wrong.

How is that fair?

The point being made isthere are rescues are sabotaging their animals' chances of getting out of rescue sooner. They are choosing to make the process far too complicated. This is a growing trend. I posted a good experience with a rescue earlier, I do not know if you saw that. But if a rescue had the best in mind for the dog, they would stop denying people over written words on a piece of paper or refusal to let a stranger come into their home and see their house.

Do you know how quickly I'd probably be denied if they found out I have 20+ boa constrictors? JUST because they are snakes?

There is clear bias, discrimination and snobbery evident in the "rescue system" at this point and it is only getting worse.

Maybe instead of having a stance where they seem to assume the worse in people, they should realize that the person willing to spend 150.00 - 350.00 on their adoption fees really gives a damn about the dog and wants it and will provide for it.

Maybe you didnt read the part where i put that some rescues will work with you on your application if they think something is wrong, and while some people are able to pay for the adoption fee, Rescues think far past the intial fee to adopt, they have to think about the emergency rescue bills that will arise should the animal become sick, or need surgery, if the owner cannot afford something like that, then they shouldnt be putting the animal in that position and should not have a pet. In this case it is better to have them be at rescue because emergencies can be addressed immediatly because they have the money to do it. Im sorry for people who have their heart broken over an animal they get denied to adopt, but you DO need to move on from it, because there are plenty of other animals that need a home just as much as any other, that should be the #1 reason why you adopt, because you want to give an animal another chance, not because its a specific breed/species of animal that you want. love shouldnt be discriminative in that definition, all pets deserve love.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #74
hhmoore
Quote:
Rescues think far past the intial fee to adopt, they have to think about the emergency rescue bills that will arise should the animal become sick, or need surgery, if the owner cannot afford something like that, then they shouldnt be putting the animal in that position and should not have a pet.
I wonder how many loving pet homes across this country just got lumped into the "Should not have a pet" category by that post...

Old 11-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #75
hhmoore
Hmmm - oddly enough, I don't recall ever seeing questions about income on a rescue application.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #76
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Hmmm - oddly enough, I don't recall ever seeing questions about income on a rescue application.
Guess you never figured thats why rescues require to see vet records then huh? Itll show client history and what needs they met when caring for there previous animals.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #77
ShadowAceD
I spent this on the dog I got from Animal Control today minus the 80.00 fecal I will be submitting tomorrow. That changes the grand total of my 75.00 dog into a 5854.14 dog in medical bills alone in three years.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #78
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I wonder how many loving pet homes across this country just got lumped into the "Should not have a pet" category by that post...
As in they cant afford an emergency life/death surgery for their pet? yeah me too. Have you ever watched animal cops on animal planet? Gives a good example of what im trying to get across

Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
Guess you never figured thats why rescues require to see vet records then huh? Itll show client history and what needs they met when caring for there previous animals.
I've never been asked to give authorization for them to access records, either. Just asked who my vet is...and about all they can get with that is confirmation that I am a client.

Besides - the needs met for previous animals and vaccination history (etc) have NOTHING to do with financial ability to deal with a pet's medical needs. You're reaching.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #80
hhmoore
Your point is blunted, as far as I'm concerned - nothing personal, I simply disagree with your agenda.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!