Are you a LURKER? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #41
juggalo
i lurk and post

i do both i post when i have had a good transaction or if i feel it is something that concerns me enough that i feel i can deal with the mass bashings from the regulars that ban together to give a tounge lashing to anyone who does not believe the same way they do it gets real crazy sometimes you get 3-4 groups of members that stick together slam each other back and forth and then you have to read through 20 pages of stupid stuff to even find out what happend with someone's dealings.i just try not get sucked into the b.s.
i think this site could really be awesome without all the b.s. i think it is informative if you did not read all the crazy stuff. so like i said i lurk and i post.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #42
juggalo
sorry i forgot to spell check so if i spelled something wrong sorry.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:51 AM   #43
texasnewbie
I lurk a lot.
I'm also new to reptiles. I had never heard the word herp before I started coming on here regularly (this week), I had to google it
I would like to own some, at some point, but I have to start small and get my husband used to the idea (he hates herps of any species)

Sometimes I don't post as I don't have the experience to help, occasionally its because I don't know whats being talked about and don't want to appear 'stupid'

From lurking I learn, I have learnt that 1.0 means 1 male 0 females (I hope thats what it means) I think I have learnt that het is something to do with genetics and whether a snake carries a gene for a particular colour etc (still not sure and considering starting a thread to confirm it).

I have definitely started posting more now and will continue to do so

Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #44
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnewbie
I lurk a lot.
I'm also new to reptiles. I had never heard the word herp before I started coming on here regularly (this week), I had to google it
I would like to own some, at some point, but I have to start small and get my husband used to the idea (he hates herps of any species)

Sometimes I don't post as I don't have the experience to help, occasionally its because I don't know whats being talked about and don't want to appear 'stupid'

From lurking I learn, I have learnt that 1.0 means 1 male 0 females (I hope thats what it means) I think I have learnt that het is something to do with genetics and whether a snake carries a gene for a particular colour etc (still not sure and considering starting a thread to confirm it).

I have definitely started posting more now and will continue to do so
Hey T newb ,

Its the decimal point....as in 1.2.03

The number before the decimal point means the number of males ONE, 1.

The number after the decimal point means females, TWO .2

The number in tenths means that the sex is unknown,usually referring to baby's that are too young to sex. .03

Hope that helps.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #45
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Hey T newb ,

Its the decimal point....as in 1.2.03

The number before the decimal point means the number of males ONE, 1.

The number after the decimal point means females, TWO .2

The number in tenths means that the sex is unknown,usually referring to baby's that are too young to sex. .03

Hope that helps.
Thanks I have a lot to learn but I'm slowly picking things up. By the time I actually get to own a herp I will be an expert

Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #46
Wulery
I just feel it's kind of useless for me to post here. I can't really help people yet. And my questions either go unanswered and ignored or I get a canned response that I've read in tons of care sheets/other websites that doesn't really help. And if I just try to make conversation, I get treated kind of rudely.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #47
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulery
I just feel it's kind of useless for me to post here. I can't really help people yet. And my questions either go unanswered and ignored or I get a canned response that I've read in tons of care sheets/other websites that doesn't really help. And if I just try to make conversation, I get treated kind of rudely.
I really think it is what you make it. I always wonder when someone states they have been mistreated or ignored what may be the problem. So, I took the liberty to look at all your previous posts.

You asked a couple of questions here and received pleasant answers. Nobody was rude.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=482623

You asked about roaches and received a friendly response.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93362

Again, questions and/or statements responded to by other members.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=96560

You posted a thread on the BOI. A member of this site asked you a question. That was on 2/22. You still haven’t responded.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=489686

You asked if the show was good. The person responded that it was great. No question unanswered.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=492073

When Bobby tried to help you with your tegu you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulery
I've read your info on taming tegu's many many times before making my last post. My problem wasn't covered in it. I'll have to try your last suggestion though.

It's still really hard to catch him. He gets out of his cage every time and then I have to catch him running around in my room. Now I have to use a butterfly net to catch him in his cage. It's pretty much the only way to get him into his feeding cage now.

BTW, I'm not really asking for advice. I know this will take a while. I'm just updating and maybe someone will have some technique that they know of. Thanks for reading.

You told him his information didn’t answer your question but you would take his last suggestion. You then posted your not asking for advice.

I can’t find anyone being rude.
I can only find you ignoring others who tied to help you on the BOI.
Actually I found many took the time to respond to you.
You haven’t been very gracious about it either.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #48
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I really think it is what you make it. I always wonder when someone states they have been mistreated or ignored what may be the problem. So, I took the liberty to look at all your previous posts.

You asked a couple of questions here and received pleasant answers. Nobody was rude.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=482623

You asked about roaches and received a friendly response.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93362

Again, questions and/or statements responded to by other members.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=96560

You posted a thread on the BOI. A member of this site asked you a question. That was on 2/22. You still haven’t responded.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=489686

You asked if the show was good. The person responded that it was great. No question unanswered.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=492073

When Bobby tried to help you with your tegu you posted.

You told him his information didn’t answer your question but you would take his last suggestion. You then posted your not asking for advice.

I can’t find anyone being rude.
I can only find you ignoring others who tied to help you on the BOI.
Actually I found many took the time to respond to you.
You haven’t been very gracious about it either.
Wow, I feel like you're some kind of detective... scary actually.

I don't post alot,alot, but sometimes I do answer some questions or help some people. Theres some people here that act like little kids with all the fighting and stuff. I try not to get involved.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #49
toddhowudoing
I guess u can call me a lurker. I just like to read the discussions to better educate myself on different problems. Or if i run into a problem with my one reptiles i might have a solution from reading the forums. Or just get ideas and keep up with whats going on with breeding and things like that.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #50
Bladespark
Adding one more "oh, lovely snake" or "oh how sad" or "yay, babies" to a thread already full of 'em is pointless, in my opinion. I post when I have something to say that's not been said a bazillion times already.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!