Introducing myself - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
Herpin Man
Introducing myself

I'm Greg K from Red Wing, Minnesota. I have been obsessed with amphibians and reptiles for my entire life, and with the exception of two or three years in my late teens, I have been keeping them continuously since 1976. My collection has expanded and contracted several times since then, and I have worked with some very interesting species, many of which I wish I still had. I currently work with a modest number of herp species, limited by the usual constraints of time and space. For me, herps are a hobby, not an "industry". I am always interested in learning new techniques for housing and breeding them.
I also enjoy field herping and photography. There are very few things that I'd rather be doing at any given time, than off someplace chasing amphibians and reptiles. Unfortunately, herping season in my area is only about seven months long. If anybody from a warmer climate would like a free-loading visitor during some portion of the remaining five months, let me know and I'll try and make myself available.
If somebody is into herps, I automatically like that person, unless they give me a reason to feel otherwise. For that, I have found the BOI to be rather enlightening.
I dislike snake mites, filters that don't work, and herp snobbery in all of its forms.
I like country music, beer, and Mexican food- especially while herping.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Welcome to the site, always good to have new blood on the discussion forums.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
I like...Mexican food- especially while herping.
Welcome Greg! I have seen you posting around here already so didn't even consider you new, but great intro. As for the Mexican food while herping, I can see it now: One had full with a burrito and the other rolling back a log to uncover a (insert herp) - hah!

We will be seeing you around here - Enjoy!

Old 02-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
Herpin Man
Robert- Your vision is close, but I actually try to eat in the car, between stops. I'm not completely uncivilized.
Besides, where I'm from, I need the free hand to swat mosquitoes.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Welcome to the site!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!