Killing the messengers.... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #31
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomorph View Post
I think that the site has turned into a mud hole. There are people who say things and make accusations and the person being accused has to fight to keep a good standing. Little to no recourse is available and there are instances of liable and slander here daily. Fauna was at one time a place to meet and sell now its a place to get beat to hell.

if you think this is bad, you should have seen it back in the day! It's actually improved leaps and bounds in my opinion as far as personal attacks go.

I do wish some people would step back before giving their opinion when there isn't much information known but it is the internet... and there have been times when the prodding has resulted in information or personality traits to be exposed that otherwise would not have been found out.

The more people we can get to participate in this site that make rational judgement calls and help others, the better! Instead of focusing on the negative, maybe see if there are ways you can bring positive things to the site? It's up to us, the members, to make the site what it is.

anyways.. just my opinion of course

Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #32
ecomorph
I'm just telling it like it is.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #33
ecomorph
I'm willing and ready to do what I need to contribute to the site. I will not engage in personal attacks nor accept them.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #34
Utta
Then post more.

No need to attack the site.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #35
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomorph View Post
I will not engage in personal attacks nor accept them.
nor should you. If another member threatens or harasses, please use the 'report post' icon to alert the mod staff about the post or forward the message to a mod for review.
thank you,
-April

Old 12-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #36
WebSlave
Bear in mind that a lot of opinion is a matter of perspective as well. Generally, if you agree with what is being said, you will tend to list such statements as being perhaps "forcefully direct opinions". And YAY for them. However, if you disagree with the points made by such statements, or even on the receiving end, well yes, they just might appear to be "mud slinging" to you. BOO for them.... The same words will look differently depending on who is actually doing the reading.

This site HAS come a long way in cleaning things up here. But it will never be perfect (in the sense of being EXACTLY what everyone wants it to be), and will never, ever be (at least in the BOI) a kind and gentle environment, simply because of the topic matter that tends to be discussed there. Discussing someone who screwed you out of your hard earned money doesn't lend itself to "bambi and roses" style conversations. Other people chiming in with their opinions of such actions are rarely going to be rubber baby buggy bumpered. That is just the nature of the beast. Granted, some people would really like to look at the world through rose colored glasses for their entire life, and I applaud the efforts to try to make the less tasteful aspects of life into a "out of sight, out of mind" sort of attitude. But to understand what exactly the BOI's goal is towards bad guys, you have to either accept the methods being used as being a reasonable compromise between allowing a no holds barred completely unmoderated free for all, and the other end of the spectrum of being a good guy only forum, with absolutely no negativity at all allowed. I'm sure some people would draw the compromise line either north of south to where we are trying to keep it, but trust me when I say that no matter what you may think could be improvements made here, it will be MUCH easier said than done.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #37
bryan2
Hey guys, i know this thread is a little old, but i wanted to toss in that i have recently become the victim of unnecessary negative karma bombing. i was simply going along with what the thread had been geared toward, and i was struck with negative karma because someone didnt agree with one of my quotes. when i responded with disbelief at this, i was subsequently slammed with over 20 negative karma for "whining". This is ridiculous, and i feel entirely wronged by this experience. (BTW, NOW im whining... and justified)

Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
hhmoore
I gave you the negative with the whining comment - not so much because you were whining, but because you were whining about receiving negative karma in a BOI thread. I suppose I could have given you an infraction for disruptive off topic posting, had I known that was your preference.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #39
bryan2
It would have been nice to have received a first warning, instead of an immediate -23 to my karma.

The first -1 made me go "ok, someone being immature about not agreeing with a quote". The -23 though, that completely floored me.

And its that sort of reaction that i believe, after having read what Rich was saying here, is the reason people are becoming afraid to post anything that someone else might disagree with.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #40
hhmoore
Actually, this thread was about the harshness of some of the posts....but I suppose karma could be considered detrimental since a lot of people do get all bent out of shape about it.
A first warning? That somebody thinks you made a bad post? Wow. (YCMTSU)
Guess what - if you post opinions, some of them will trigger a negative response. Doesn't matter who you are, or what the topic. It doesn't matter, and negative karma gets erased pretty easily if you make posts that people find helpful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!