is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #61
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Why are you not understanding that the alternative at the point when these recommendations might be enacted, is having NO hatchlings due to a ban?
you think that some laws are the only option and thats not the case look into how many laws terry wilkins has stopped in ohio.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #62
FosterHerpetological
Quote:
Why are you not understanding that the alternative at the point when these recommendations might be enacted, is having NO hatchlings due to a ban?
Exactly, I don't get this thread really.

Choose a number:
1. Have numerous reptiles, but have to get each individual one micro-chipped.

2. Not be allowed to have any reptiles at all.

Im going number 1 all day.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #63
rodneynboalich
Quote:
it seems as though the propaganda is coming at us from both sides now. if we dont give in if we dont allow some laws if we dont give some money if we dont do this and dont do that we will loose everything. thats not necessarily the case.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #64
DiamondCreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
how many animals are you looking to produce this season
*HEAD DESK* That shouldn't matter. Would you please come down off your high-horse and listen to what people are saying. If there is a ban, you will have no hatchlings to worry about and your investment to date will be null and void. I really don't know how else to put it.

Would you rather continuing having your animals and conducting your breeding operations and selling offspring, even with some added overhead, or are you willing to broach no compromise, see a ban enacted and have nothing to breed and no reason to breed them if you did?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #65
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfconstrictors View Post
Exactly, I don't get this thread really.

Choose a number:
1. Have numerous reptiles, but have to get each individual one micro-chipped.

2. Not be allowed to have any reptiles at all.

Im going number 1 all day.
if its such a good idea why dont you go out and get it done now and be ahead of the curve and let me know how it works out for you

Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #66
rodneynboalich
this whole thing has been off track from the beginning. i asked if usark over stepped its rights by writing up proposed legislation to offer up to states without consulting the hobbyist in those states they would have it enacted

Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #67
FosterHerpetological
Quote:
if its such a good idea why dont you go out and get it done now and be ahead of the curve and let me know how it works out for you
Did I say it was a good idea? Im going to take the lesser of two evils any day.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #68
DiamondCreek
Quote:
you think that some laws are the only option and thats not the case look into how many laws terry wilkins has stopped in ohio.
And if efforts to stop legislation are successful, the compromise legislation is not pushed.

Really. I don't understand why you can't see that proposed model legislation from USARK is used as a last ditch effort to prevent outright bans and for no other purpose.

You are fussing about the "4th and goal, time running out and down by a touchdown" play at, essentially, half-time.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #69
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCreek View Post
*HEAD DESK* That shouldn't matter. Would you please come down off your high-horse and listen to what people are saying. If there is a ban, you will have no hatchlings to worry about and your investment to date will be null and void. I really don't know how else to put it.

Would you rather continuing having your animals and conducting your breeding operations and selling offspring, even with some added overhead, or are you willing to broach no compromise, see a ban enacted and have nothing to breed and no reason to breed them if you did?
why do you not understand that there are more options than some laws or a ban. and clearly your not planning on producing much. nobody on here is or most likely you would be mad about his issue.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #70
DiamondCreek
Quote:
this whole thing has been off track from the beginning. i asked if usark over stepped its rights by writing up proposed legislation to offer up to states without consulting the hobbyist in those states they would have it enacted
No, they did not overstep their rights. Proposing codifying best practices in lieu of a ban is simply a part of protecting your rights. As far as chipping goes, everything I have read says it is safe and it makes folks more comfortable and more apt to go along with a more reasonable approach. It is a small price to pay.

From this thread and that on Facebook, I have very little hope that you will see that, but I have answered your question.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!