Baby Enclosures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
BaltimoreBees
Baby Enclosures

So I ran a search in the forum on this but couldn't seem to get the pictures to load. I'm curious how people keep their baby beardies. When we had bred them like 4 years ago, we had them all in a huge tank, and I did not like that. I was curious how people separate them but still save space, and keep the babies safe. Thanks guys!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Ed Clark
I like keeping babies in 4 foot cages. for me its easier to maintain temps.they become tamer and will wave at you when you open the door to talk to them.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Mreynolds101110
I bought a utility shelf and made it into a baby rack by wiring the lights into the particle board and lining up totes. I need to get some pictures of it, it isn't the most gorgeous thing but it saves space and the totes are solid. I like that the babies are not stressed by seeing the adults.

I do want to get some nice stack able cages soon.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
DiamondDen
Hey Sarah i have a pic of our bin setup in an album on facebook i just cant seem to find it..uggh.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDen View Post
Hey Sarah i have a pic of our bin setup in an album on facebook i just cant seem to find it..uggh.

That the one you were talking about?
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
DiamondDen
Yup you got it, jeez i swear i can never find that pic.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
chris allen
My only concern with what Corky has are the clamps. I have seen them loosen over time, seen them fall in tubs at shows, etc. Sorry, it just makes me nervous. If you are using something like a wire rack shelving unit, you can zip tie the cords to the wire rack above the tub and hang the dome down into the tub. Or if using something wood, you can clamp or staple like I have here on one of my racks(sorry kids had just woke up and their hair wasnt brushed, lol).
You can also go with stackable caging, like the critter condoz I sell. Something like a 33x16x16 stacked 5 high would be perfect for babies, or I have a smaller cage 30x12x12. Pm me if you are interested in caging like that, I could give you a bulk deal.

There are pros and cons to both rack/tub systems and caging. Either way just make sure you have enough of either to put the dragons into smaller groups.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
Cache Reptiles
My setup is very similar to Chris'. I've also never felt comfortable with just the clamps alone, so they are held up with zip ties. The UV lights are held up with chain.

Also, Chris- how do you keep them from crawling out with bins that short? The ones that I've been using are around 12" tall.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Brandon Roesler
Nice setups Dill, just hope that is Bran in there and not sand I gotta be careful talking about it though, politics, religion and substrate... 3 things you can't discuss

Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Mreynolds101110
Mine is basically the same, the only big difference I see is my totes are not clear. Is there any pro/con to having the clear ones? Besides maybe looking a bit nicer.... haha mine are pink, blue and green colored totes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!