OK I NEED HELP PLEASE!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
barbie
OK I NEED HELP PLEASE!!

I have this little guy just born. He is missing an eye, now normally i would put a dragon down with deformaties but this seems to have no effect on the rest of him. But i guess i feel very sorry for the little guy and have no idea what to do or how to handle it. I feel i have 3 options keep him, give him for adoption, or put him down. I have never had one comeout with no eye! How would i care for him? What would you do in this situation? Is thier a rescue for dragons like this? What are the risks with this deformaty? Thies are my questiopns please help me figure it out. Thanks Barb
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
jmp745
The problem with giving him away is that if he passes hands a few times in his life, he might end with someone who assumes it was from a bite as a baby and breeds him. I think the best options are culling or keeping him.

I'm assuming he could live if that is the only thing wrong with him. But with no depth perception, catching bugs might prove a bit of a chore. You'd probably have to feed him with tongs or something.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
barbie
Ya i am worried about that. I would hate to have someone breed the little guy. I guess i will see!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
OEdwards
beautifuldragons.com she takes in rescues

Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Ed Clark
This is a hard decision for some to make.

As a breeder you have to cull any inferior or defective hatchlings.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
barbie
Found a home!!! Beautifulldragons is taking this guy!! They had one just like him before that lived in thier fasility for 8 years they are a no breed fascility and i am very confident he will go to a great home!!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
AGoodwin
That is great news!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
OEdwards
Yes Veronica is so nice and is a great person all around.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
barbie
I agree the love and care that i saw in the pics and info on that website really makes me feel that he will go to a wonderfull place. They also sell all kinds of things for dragons on thier site cheep you guys should check it out its all for a great cause!!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
mikepanzarella
great people and they offer tons of info and products at very good prices

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!