Need some expertise advise please - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
DragonLover0423
The male is 1 inch bigger and weighs 6 more grams. Not sure if they are from same clutch. If they are, and they breed, will the hatchlings come out deformed? I paid $225.00 for the pair. They're nails are not clear.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
jmp745
That sounds like a reasonable price. If I were you, I would keep the female, sell the male, and look for a different male to breed with her. I'd bet money they are related, and inbreeding is highly frowned upon. Also if you get a leatherback male you can make silkbacks which are pretty cool

Old 04-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
DragonLover0423
Yea I saw those they do look cool. I am waiting to hear from the guy I purchased them from to see if they are from same clutch. I am hoping not. Other than inbreeding being frowned upon, is their any other reason it should NOT be done? Not saying I would ever do that, hence what you just told me. I'm just getting into this hobby and want to know all I can. Thanks

Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
mikepanzarella
It's inbreeding lol sooo many things can go wrong sometimes with new traits they have to be line bred but it's not pretty what happends glad I don't have to deal with it

Old 04-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
DragonLover0423
Well good news is these are not from same clutch. He said he had a male that bred with two of his females. So they have the same father but different mother. Is that okay to breed them?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
DragonLover0423
Well I think this is good news. The guy I got them from said the leather back is 100% het for hypo(whatever that means?) and the red is 66% het for hypo. Appernetly I misunderstood him because these are from different mother and fateher. Both 4 months old.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
jmp745
I would still bet money they are siblings. It might be bold of me to say so, but I think one you are not telling the truth. Those 2 look way to identical. From the color, to the side bars, to the age, for me to believe someone produced them from unrelated parents at the exact same time.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
DragonLover0423
Okay yea because you're a pyschic. You've no right to judge me! Not telling the truth? Why would I lie about some bearded dragons? Come on leave the high school kid shit behind. I am grown, married and have kids. My goal in life is not to come to the internet and lie about a few hundred dollars worth of dragons. Maybe the dragons are siblings, maybe they aren't. I was told they weren't and why the hell would anyone lie about that anyways? But for you to blatantly attack my honesty is not right. You don't even know me. I think a much better alternative would have been to ask, "Are you sure the person you got the dragons from is telling the truth?" I didn't come here to spark any sort of animosity. On the contrary, just the opposite. I've been here only a few days, and already was insulted. Next time you feel brazen to be so judgemental and persnickety, please do so to someone you actually know. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
jmp745
You need to calm down. I said ONE OF YOU. I dont know you, or the person you bought them from, so how would I know what either of you would or wouldn't say or why? They LOOK LIKE siblings. They damn near look like twins. They came from the same place, are the same age, and apparently both het hypo. I call things as I see them. And you fly off the handle and give me a bad reputation level? hahaha ok guy. have a drink and take some deep breaths.

For all I know the guy lied to you for whatever reason. Or they aren't even related and its all just coincidental. Whatever the case me be, I don't really have a reason to care. I came here trying to help you.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #20
DragonLover0423
Well if you go back and read your post, it says one you. There is no "of" in your sentence. Like I said before maybe the guy is lying, maybe he isn't, but if he is lying, the question becomes, why? Is there any way to be certain that they are or aren't siblings? If they are I am obviously not going to be breeding them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!